The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    DOES ALIROZ HATE ALMOND ICE CREAM ENOUGH TO VENTURE INTO MIKO'S PANTS?!

FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN ALLIGATOR HAMMER 39.9 REPEATING K 
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^ Hi. :)

^ :D
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/IcarusFW/videos

This channel is full of awesummmm. Yussss. :3
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    boss fight
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know

How do we know Anonus isn't secretly Tony Stark?

I'm not saying he is; I'm just puttin' that out there
    How do we know that I am not Lady Gaga? :)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    :o
    How do you all know that I'm not Thomas Pynchon?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Miko said:

How do we know that I am not Lady Gaga? :)

Because Bobnight Velvet was Lady Gaga.

How do you all know that I'm not Thomas Pynchon?

Pfff, that's been fanon for years

Keep up with the Heap fandom, yo
    ah yes, of course
    I wonder about the law with regards to this

They used both a "local traffic only" sign (which would mean you're allowed to go through if you have business on that street) and a straight-up "road closed" sign (which means the street is closed to all traffic). They're not supposed to be used together like that, but which one takes precedence when they are?
  • if you see an itty bitty piggy in the market
    give that bitch a quarter and a car
    tell her "park it"
  • I wonder about the law with regards to this
    Central Avenue said:
    Central Avenue said:image Central Avenue said:

They used both a "local traffic only" sign (which would mean you're allowed to go through if you have business on that street) and a straight-up "road closed" sign (which means the street is closed to all traffic). They're not supposed to be used together like that, but which one takes precedence when they are?

Neither, you can only use the road if you have in-town business
    and a hovercar.
    hiffu hihiffu
  • edited 2013-08-05 19:37:52
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tre said:

Aliroz said:

Hey, Nohaynicklibre, you look like this to me:

Ooooh, Re/Volt

That game was my jam when I was little
    That game is my current jam. It's the most high-end game on my brand-spanking new Novus Computador (my mom's former work computer which is a mind-blowingly modern computerwhich is a windows 98 which is amazingly better than La Computadora).

The graphics blow my mind.

Aliroz said:

Hey IMIPOLEX, read my response, dang it!

It has been read.

Almost you convince me.
    Well, watching it is more convincing than hearing it from me.
    Miko said:

But he isn't even born yet. :( I need one of your sperms for him to be a thing.

You can't have them unless Imipolex agrees to have kids, and he doesn't want to. Then again, imipolex's father didn't want to have kids, and HIS father didn't want to have kids.
    Anonus said:

I notice that Aliroz drew me without a face

Partly because I don't know what you look like other than vague details (an even number of arms and eyes, an odd number of heads, mouths, and noses, skin instead of an exoskeleton or scales, no proboscis, compound eyes, tentacles, spinnarrets, ink-squirters or Jacobson's organs).
    Partly it's a symbolic representation of your title of Anonymous.
    How do you know my father didn't want to have kids?

I mean, I understand my mom was kinda pushy but still
    Now I'm thinking of when my cousin and I used to play NBA Jam on the Sega Genesis

I admit that game had a certain charm
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Justice42 said:

IN THE GRIM SNARKNESS OF THE FUTURE THERE IS ONLY HATS!

It's SARKNESS. I am not at all skilled at snarking.
    Justice42 said:

DOES ALIROZ HATE ALMOND ICE CREAM ENOUGH TO VENTURE INTO MIKO'S PANTS?!

FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN ALLIGATOR HAMMER 39.9 REPEATING K 
    I don't want to get near the amygdaloid cream of ice, let alone the legendary trousers of Miko. I'd do an orbital strike with a comet.
    I feel weird

I suddenly miss Grandpa Jerry

I don't think about him very often; he died when I was 4
    (2015 self)

You told me once, back when I was a newbie to the Tv Tropes forums.

IN THE GRIM SARKNESS OF THE FUTURE THERE IS ONLY HATS AND BOOKS AND PEOPLE WHO HIDE ALMOND ICE CREAM IN THEIR UNDERPANTS HAVING COMETS CRASH INTO THEIR CROTCHES FROM ORBIT.
    I wish to be a mother some day. u_u
    Aliroz said:

You told me once, back when I was a newbie to the Tv Tropes forums.

that's interesting...I didn't know I knew that

I'd imagine a a comet crashing into your pelvis at terminal velocity can't help at all, regardless of what other circumstances there might be. 
  • edited 2013-08-05 19:40:42
    (2015 self)
    ORBITAL COMET CROTCH STRIKE

Is an amazing phrase that only this forum could inspire.
    Not even a comet would hurt my ice cream, or my CROTCH OF STEEL.
    (2015 self)
    Look, do you want me to post my old wall of text on the effects of asteroid/comet strikes? 'Cause it's based in old out-of-print textbooks from the eighties.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Today I learned: Alicorns are an actual MLP thing, not some combination of "Alice" and "unicorn." 
    corn is no place for a mighty warrior
  • edited 2013-08-05 19:48:29
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Look, do you want me to post my old wall of text on the effects of
    asteroid/comet strikes? 'Cause it's based in old out-of-print textbooks
    from the eighties.
    No fiery explosive impact would destroy my super ice cream, or my super crotch, even if I were vaporized.
    corn is no place for a mighty warrior
    But a mighty warrior is a place for corn. :)
    babs seed, babs seed, what we gonna do

The power crotch of almond ice cream shall forever stand against these dark times of hats and books.
    :3

babs seed, babs seed, what we gonna do
    Put her in a car and drive it off a cliff into some mud.

She may be acting out her own securities, and she may get hurt and die, but you reap what you sew bitch, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders don't take shit from anyone.

Once we figure out magic well enough to reenact the Godfather somehow simultaneously on Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara with each other's head, they're NEXT.

Next Episode: Cutie Mark crusaders acquire Cutie Marks by kidnapping ponies and cutting off their cutie marks so they can sew them to their own flanks. 
  • edited 2013-08-05 20:09:49
    (2015 self)
    If an asteroid one mile in diameter hit the earth, the force of the impact would be more than all the worlds bombs (nuclear and otherwise) going off in the same place at the same time. Bigger by at least one order of magnitude.

The debris shot up into the sky from the hit would make the sky black for months. The sun would be completely blackened out, no matter where you were.

No life, not even bacterial life, would remain. The possibility of life would be gone.

No alien would even be able to tell that there once was life on Earth. No records. No trace. Everything gone in an instant.

No underground shelter would survive that kind of hit, no matter where on earth it was

Besides, how are you going to live when every living thing on Earth is dead?

How would one get food? You'd need a permanent (or at least self-sustaining) source of food. There's only a limited amount of times you can recycle water, even with the best equipment. You'd need plants for oxygen, but plants require soil and sunlight, and probably a whole ecosystem.

If you went to space, to avoid malnutrition, a large amount of plants and animals must be brought to space. To support those plants and animals, soul, nutrients, water, space, other plants and animals, resources, etc, etc, etc, would be needed.

Apple Jack wants you to remember this day for as long as you live, even if that means you collapse from exhaustion on mile 17 of the obstacle course and are run over by a cart caring hay and other ponies as they flee from fruit bats that are eating them. 
    BUY SOMETHING WILL YA
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

You know

Well

It would be awesome

"Dear Twilight Sparkle, Please cast this spell, your friends and the citizens of Ponyville (probably) won't die."

Anonus said:

You know

Well

It would be awesome
    Indeed
  • edited 2013-08-05 20:09:31
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    DonPachi
    The game's premises differ somewhat by most of its brethren: the player assumes the role of a pilot whose mission is to actually survive an eight years long training mission, where he/she is supposed to prove his/her worth as a fighter and gain entry to the future elite squadron known as the DonPachi Squadron - which is featured prominently throughout the entire series. The twist lies in the fact that the enemies are, in truth, the player's very own comrades, posing as enemies and sacrificing their lives for the sake of allowing only the most skilled pilots to pass the test, and survive.
    After completing the first loop, the storyline reveals that the commander tells the pilot to continue the missions of fighting against the fellow troop members until one side is completely destroyed, with the game's second loop beginning 7 years later. After defeating Hachi, the story reveals the commander's 'mission' was to turn the existing army into a race of super soldiers. However, since the missions are aerial attacks, many soldiers have taken battles into air and performed the ultimate sacrifices. It was the many lives that have lost in the process that made the mission a success. As a result, a new elite combat force called 'DonPachi' was formed.
    DoDonPachi
    The overall background of the game, unlike following sequels, remains more or less centered around a supposed invasion by a mysterious race of mechanized aliens, which the player is called to face throughout its run. However, more sinister and shocking secrets lie beneath the surface, accessible only to those brave and skilled enough to clear the entire game.
    Should a player fail to meet the requirements for second loop access, he/she is simply congratulated by the DonPachi Corps commander for his bravery in battle. No credits will be presented to the player for finishing the game this way.

Should the requirements be met, the commander reveals, in a shocking twist, that the mechanized aliens were in fact the pilot's own comrades (the International version of the game renders this as a "lost fleet" legendary among cadets) trying to actually stop him/her, being aware of the commander's nefarious scheme revealed in the true and final ending. Having served its purpose, the commander's advanced fleet is ordered to annihilate the pilot, and on this premise the second loop of the game begins.

If the player completes the game once again, this time without any kind of requirement except the annihilation of the ultimate fighting machine Hibachi, in the true ending the pilot realizes that the DonPachi's true goal was to annihilate the human race, owing to its deranged commander's idea that mankind was a flawed creation to be eradicated from existence. Ironically, the existing problems of overpopulation, environmental pollution, and arms races were solved by this one-man war. The staff credits appear afterwards.
    DoDonPachi DaiOuJou
    Centuries have passed since the catastrophic war that almost cost the human race its complete annihilation at the hands of the deranged commander of the DonPachi Corps, a military squad of starfighter pilots known for their combat prowess and emotional detachment (as a result of the inhuman training they are subjected to - the first game being a prime example of it, with the trainee actually slaughtering comrades posing as the enemy); whatever remained of his genocidal army was gathered, transported to the Moon and sealed within a network of caves, left to rot away as the nightmares faded into legend.

The human race flourished again, to the point of colonizing the Moon itself, the megacity of Lunapolis being the hub of human activity on lunar soil. However, as time passed, the dormant machines reawakened, rebuilt, evolved: the underground caverns of the planet swarmed with all sorts of advanced warmachines, and automated production facilities, at their core a heavily guarded platform where the ultimate fighting machine of the past, the mechanical bee Hibachi, was slowly being rebuilt. Still following their original programming, the machines broke the seal, invading the surface and quickly seizing control of the almost defenseless Lunapolis, its streets and facilities now completely overtaken and littered with heavy artillery emplacements.

With little time to spare, the DonPachi Corps are reactivated, with enough time to build only two fighters; nevertheless, to each was bestowed the assistance of an Element Doll, highly evolved sentient droids (apparently widespread in human society by then, and treated as little more than slaves) capable of providing tactical data and enhancing the craft's own capabilities. Knowing that the mission is plausibly suicidal, the two attack ships are deployed on the Moon surface, just outside of Lunapolis, alone against a ruthless army of machines with a single objective.

Killing.
    The game's ending reveals, in a chilling twist, that the Element Dolls are, in truth, cybernetic beings built by forcefully turning human beings into servants, laborers and soldiers, their minds and wills rewritten and bent to the whim of Earth's upper class. Then, a Doll-specific coda is shown:

Shotia: as the mission is considered successful, the Doll is pulled out of the fighter jet by its pilot, who has come to grow feelings for the biomechanical soldier. As he holds it however, its mind slowly deteriorates, each memory being deleted until, at last, tears accompany the Doll's final memories, those of it in her human days, before being abducted and converted. With a smile, the Doll dies.
        Leinyan: having finally destroyed the devilish war machine Hibachi, the fighter plane returns to base, the pilot's mission completed. However the Doll rebels against its masters, having fallen in love with its pilot, who is forced to watch helplessly as it is dragged away, deactivated and its body dissected for research. In an atypical subversion of the series' dark endings, the Doll's consciousness takes control of the laboratory's systems, escaping into cyberspace and, finally, reuniting with its lover.
        EXY: in a desperate attempt to shut down the enemy's computer network, the Doll interfaces with it and delves within the massive data stream with its own consciousness. The attempt is successful, however the information flow drives EXY mad (implied that their CO was responsible and she was betrayed), who ultimately breaks free from the fighter's armor and, in a fit of blind rage, chokes its pilot to death. This ultimately leads to the events depicted in DaiFukkatsu.
    DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu
    After the turmoil caused by the assault on Lunapolis which sparked the "Blissful Death Wars" (as depicted in the previous installment), peace seems to have been restored, with the legendary DonPachi Corps retreating to its HQ in a space-time fold. Six years later, anomalies are detected in the space-time fabric, yet tests reveal nothing out of order, with the portals regularly functioning for both teleportation and time travel; also, the leader of the DonPachi squadron Colonel Godwin Longhener dismisses the matter due to the lack of actual danger.

Nevertheless, a technician delves deeper into the anomaly, discovering that something has infiltrated the HQ computer systems and is using the portals to send large quantities of materials and data to the past, spreading out like a virus and quickly evolving. In an ironic twist, the virus is discovered to be the program originally installed in the Element Dolls six years ago, now reaching beyond the DonPachi Corps programming and seeking to annihilate the human race in retaliation for their "enslavement" (after the war, they were sealed on the Moon) by waging war in the past rather than in the present: unsettled, the Colonel authorizes the last transport ship to time jump in order to fight back the invasion before future changes. However, he states: "Start over from the past... I never thought of that", echoing the ideas of mankind's imperfection which has always been a recurring theme in the series.

And once again, the three pilots jump back in time to 2008 and enter the fray, the transport ship being targeted as soon as it exits the portal: the Element Daughters, gigantic evolutions of the Dolls, are awaiting...

The bee is still humming.
    After clearing the game's Ura loop, the entirety of the plot is revealed: one of the Dolls, EXY, interfaced with the enemy computer network at the end of DaiOuJou, managing to shut it down but succumbing to madness soon thereafter. Overwhelmed by the sea of new information, she turned against her human pilot, killing him and herself and becoming the parasitic virtual entity detected by DonPachi HQ; still following her original programming, she created the Element Daughters and the robotic army featured in the game in a desperate attempt to destroy the installation that would start the chain of events leading to the Blissful Death Wars - presumably, DonPachi Corps HQ itself at the time of the elite squadron's birth. Exploiting their deranged plan for salvation, Colonel Longhener manipulated the Element Dolls/Daughters into destroying order and civilization, convinced of its intrinsic imperfection and aiming towards rebuilding it according to his idea of flawlessness (an attempt already foiled centuries before by the first DonPachi Squadron). Said ambitions come to an abrupt halt with the destruction of the ultimate fighting machine Hibachi.

As the pilot jumps back to the future he comes to finally realize how, instead of preventing the bloody future depicted in the series, EXY Next actually triggered it: he/she is forced to watch, powerless, as Longhener is appointed as the commanding officer of the DonPachi Corps with the rank of General, the Daughters standing beside him - the date being just a few years before the start of the Blissful Death Wars. Everything had been for nothing.
  • edited 2013-08-05 20:20:56
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

No fiery explosive impact would destroy my super ice cream, or my super crotch, even if I were vaporized.

I don't care what your crotch is made of, it's a frigging comet, not a dinky little one-mile asteroid. This is where the fundamental particles are blown apart from one another.
    Justice42 said:

The power crotch of almond ice cream shall forever stand against these dark times of hats and books.

As the great Charlatan once said...

GIGA

CROTCH

BREAKER.