The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Anonus said:

is that show even still on

Yes

Hey, something's gotta keep the sinking ship that is Nickelodeon afloat
    Yeah, I'm surprised it's lasted this long. I watched a couple of the newer episodes yesterday (one was about the fairy versions of the Terrible Twos and the other was about how Timmy wished for the world's best smartphone and got GLaDOS to Go instead).

It wasn't terrible, but it definitely reeks of "has-been". It hasn't degraded into the mess that is Spengbab just yet but I feel like it will if they keep it on for very much longer.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-08-05 01:59:49
    Also speaking of Nick, Rabbids Invasion was surprisingly not horrible.

In other news, for saying that I am sure the Rayfan Club will be revoking my nonexistent membership very soon. Ah well. Fun while it lasted.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-08-05 02:14:02
    While I'm ranting, I have to mention something.

So Ubi's trying to get into Hollywood by rebooting Far Cry and turning Rabbids, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Greed Creed into movies and I'm like

"Well, shit, if all those and Prince of Persia get the movie treatment, why not Rayman?"

It'd be perfect for it, too, they could make it in CGI or traditionally and John Leguizamo could be Globox again and there's tons of humor and story possibilities to be explored in the verse but they're never going to do it because Ray doesn't make any money and toys would be too hard to make and bluuuuuuuh

-headdesk-
  • honestly before you started fanning about it I had just assumed that Rayman had gone the way of fellow PS1 era platform star Crash Bandicoot. I didn't know there were new Rayman games still coming out.
  • edited 2013-08-05 02:17:28
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Crash Bandicoot is fun. :)
    I think I've met more obnoxious eSports fans in my life than obnoxious regular sports fans.
    What is eSports and what are fans like? :o Am I an eSporter if I have a strong interest in super-plays and competitive play?
  • edited 2013-08-05 02:21:12
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Well, eSports is competitive gaming (I'd figure competitive play would figure into that). I have mixed opinions on eSports, but have enjoyed it and hated in the past, and likely will in the future. Don't see myself leaving soon.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-08-05 02:21:11
    Mo' said:

honestly before you started fanning about it I had just assumed that Rayman had gone the way of fellow PS1 era platform star Crash Bandicoot. I didn't know there were new Rayman games still coming out.

I don't blame ya. The series was dormant for seven years if one doesn't count the Rabbids entries from before they realized that Ray and the Rabbids were really sort of appealing to two nigh completely different audiences.

They only started releasing Rayman alone again in late 2011.
  • Crash Bandicoot is fun. :)
    I think I've met more obnoxious eSports fans in my life than obnoxious regular sports fans.
    What is eSports and what are fans like? :o Am I an eSporter if I have a strong interest in super-plays and competitive play?
    Competitive video game matches that are treated and casted like sports events. I think the most notable example is the MLG. 

Most eSports are MOBAs (League of Legends is the most popular). Currently there's a DOTA2 tournament going on that has a 2.8 million dollar cash prize, to give you an idea. In fact, I think the qualifiers for that are on Twitch.tv's main page right now.

There are more minor eSports too, like BOILeR which is the Binding of Isaac racing league.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-08-05 02:24:02
    Also Crash's ultimate fate is sad as hell and I can't help but feel like Activision is using his series' corpse as a bench.

Someone should buy him. I'm not sure if they're gonna let go of Spyro thanks to his newfound association with Skylooters but they haven't done a thing with Crash since they bought him.
  • edited 2013-08-05 02:24:14
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    eSports is a fun thing then, because eSports includes super-plays!!! :D I love super-plays! A multiplayer competition is a little different and I have not historically been really into multiplayer, but I would not rule it out either.

^^ oh okay that makes it a little clearer.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    ca ching
  • bad goanimate videos are like this thing thats only become popular in the last week

it scares and confuses me

not that much, just slightly
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't believe there's only 5 days left till Christmas

Who else is excited? I hope Santa's ready...
  • pumpnta claus saves christmans

-injoke-
  • School starts in a few hours.

:(

• kex

get sleep

sleep good
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

goanimate is basically the most amazing thing

Anonus said:

Yes

i thought they were sustained entirely by spongebob at this point
    SpongeBob and FOP

Without them, Nickelodeon would have to find more actual programming that wasn't bland CGI-animated cliché storms or Disney Channel wannabe sitcoms
  • I fell asleep at six. I'm good.
  • Anonus said:

goanimate is basically the most amazing thing

Anonus said:

Yes

i thought they were sustained entirely by spongebob at this point
    SpongeBob and FOP

Without them, Nickelodeon would have to find more actual programming that wasn't bland CGI-animated cliché storms or Disney Channel wannabe sitcoms

Even when I was like twelve it bothered me to no end that Nickelodeon was imitating its bland imitator.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Kexruct said:

School starts in a few hours.

:(

good luck
    Kexruct said:

Even when I was like twelve

You mean, like a year ago? :P
  • edited 2013-08-05 03:39:16
    Good luck Kexruct. You can do it.
  • Thanks.

I hope I'm back in honors again this year, but I'm 99% certain I won't be. I don't think anyone will buy that being in lower classes was why I did so badly last year. For some reason, no one seems to understand that sitting in classes you're overqualified for for eight hours a day starts to get a bit depressing.

• Kexruct said:

Even when I was like twelve

You mean, like a year ago? :P
    Being twelve will always be "like a year ago" to me, just like 2007 will always feel like it was about three years ago.
  • edited 2013-08-05 03:57:10
    I've been in that position before, it sucks, even if you use the time to focus on Honors coursework (if you can).
    life goes too fast
  • The bus comes in about ten minutes. Sadness.
    You know who I miss? Jumpingzombie.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa being trans and open about it

which is worse: being the gender that feels bad, or trying to switch? trick question: they both sux :D
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    When I was 12, we had FOX35 (WRLH), WXEX (ABC) and if the antenna was cooperating, WVIR (NBC Charlottesville), WHSV (ABC Harrisonburg), WWBT (NBC) and WTVR (CBS). We lost cable service when we moved to the boonies in 1987, and didn't get it back until 1990.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Harry Pawterrrrrrrrrr
  • edited 2013-08-05 11:04:45
    whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa I have like hundreds of views on each of my Game Boy Color Harry Potter OST uploads. :o And I regularly get appreciative comments as well. It probably is the most "important" thing I've ever done on the internet; I am the first to upload those in full and no one else did it, and I went to all the trouble of recording them from the games and uploading because I <3'd them but no one else had done it and mainly *I* wanted to listen to them.
    let's go to Hawwwwwwwgworts everyone get on the ~magic~ school bus lol
    I am going to give birth to a son and name him Dan Maku. This will be a reality. K.O. YOU ARE READING THIS I KNOW YOU ARE, AND YOU WILL BE HIS FATHER. :D
  • Miko said:

Harry Pawterrrrrrrrrr

Harry Potter goes to Hogwarts but gets trapped inside with a small group of peers, and the villainous Monobear says that whoever kills another student and gets away with it will be rewarded. Many murders ensue.
    ^^ :D
    Harry Potter did samesies, and when you do samesies you waste the wizard juice. :D
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-08-05 11:13:36

Miko said:

Harry Pawterrrrrrrrrr

I feel like that cat would suddenly say "I deeply resent this" in Nick Bakay's voice after that picture was taken.

Nick Bakay being Salem from the live action Sabrina the Teenage Witch sitcom, of course.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Harry Porter. After failing to become an Auror, a dejected Harry starts working at a hotel, sinking into alcoholism.
    "Mega Man more like mega girl right" shut up
    "Docta Wah-wee lol MM8's voice acting is so bad" shut up
    "MMX6 doesn't exist because it sucks so much" shut up
    "the X series is mediocre" shut up
    "MML3 didn't happen let's petition" shut up
    "MMX7 was bad" shuuuuuu... well... okay yeah that game is really bad
  • Alternatively, Harry Porter could become a successful electronic music producer.

I feel like Naney and Miko are the only ones who will get that joke
    See I have opinions on games too but I don't think the whole internet should have them. ^_^
    I feel like Naney and Miko are the only ones who will get that joke
    :3
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I don't get the Mega Girl one.
    t. not getter
    Otherkin
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Timmy has a whole rogue's gallery of archenemies now, it's weird.
  • Otherkin

you raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang?

(*laugh track*)