The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I think PC is the best thing.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-07-31 14:59:04

video games are a strange business, and they interest me for some reason even though i am honestly very bad at them.

Are you me?
  • Miko said:

I think PC is the best thing.

agreed
    Tre said:

video games are a strange business, and they interest me for some reason even though i am honestly very bad at them.

Are you me?
    most likely not, at least i think
  • :P

In other news, I'm currently fanboying over Wander Over Yonder

I didn't realize just how much I missed Craig McCracken on TV till now
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    IN ONE WEEK FROM NOW

things
    2012 made me realize that internet relationships are fragile because they are tenuous, unless you are like me and k.o. u_u
    btw k.o. is literally why I always come back after leaving.
    if he died I think I would OD on something
    My doggy is the cutest thing. :D I wouldn't post his pic on the website because I respect his privacy but ~some~ people have seen him and he is adorable. X3
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    unwelcomeness
    gossiping
    yume nikki
    I'm going to die some day and this thought comforts me when I'm awake but it horrifies me when I'm falling asleep or just waking up.
    I don't act any differently on the internet than in real life almost, but in real life no one ever talks to me.
  • oh no i am looking at the ikea website again nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why does everything look so nice ;_;
    One time I walked through an entire Ikea and it was really fun, like a playhouse. :)
  • there is an ikea over by the mall of america

man i just realized it has been years since i was there last.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    There is an IKEA out near my grandmother's house, which is where I shall soon be moving.
  • The closest Ikea to me is 2 hours away ;_;
  • oooooooohhhhhhhhh :3
    I wanted to join the Shmups forum but everyone there is like a longtime expert and even though I got really into this genre recently, I am still just one of the Touhou kids and I also wouldn't have anything to add.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    shlupp
    oh also every forum ever hates me and this is a fact, even this one.
    it's okay, I hate me too.
  • Also this is semi-relevant.

Miko, stop being all emo
  • Miko said:

oh also every forum ever hates me and this is a fact, even this one.

no we don't
    bluh sometimes I type a stupid post I wish I didn't type but I hit send so too late lol
    My grandparents used to like to go to Ikea, before they died.
  • edited 2013-07-31 15:26:07
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Miko, stop being all emo
    ok :)

*hugs* X3
    *hugs*

How is your shmup coming along?
    ^^ ummmm slowly, because I feel really intimidated by creating the program's framework, but it has improved a little bit, and for the time being I am storing menus as separate functions with arguments that lead into one another based on confirm/cancel, and ummm I should download some source codes also and take a look at how shmups are made but I didn't do that yet because I'm lazy. >_>
    I like to talk about it, though. :D I have a nice blue-green gradient background for the "test" stage, and also it looks really nice with my character's blue dress and pink wings. :)
    Actually the menu codes I designed don't work yet and I am not sure how to make it work as intended, but I will figure it out maybe.
    Well, good colors are good.

Looking at source codes could help. I dissected a bunch of other people's Mario levels in the process of making my own.
    ooooh ok :D My character has more animation already than a typical shmup ship because shmup ships are kind of just a drawing usually, but sometimes there will be frames for tilting on one axis. I made her wings change when she moves, though, and I want there to be an idle animation as well, but I haven't figured that out yet...
  • The sadness will last forever.
    video games :3
  • i am not exactly sure how one system could be really "better" than another (*game selection aside*) as long as they both work and play games

Sometimes systems work particularly poorly, but mostly it's fanboyism.

That said, the Dreamcast is fondly remembered for being "Cult Hit Games: The Console"

• My dreams exceed my real life

ILLBLEED

That said, the Dreamcast is fondly remembered for being "Cult Hit Games: The Console"

Probably this is why I like it. :D I don't have one, though. :/

Technical specifications can play into it as well, although the history of video games has shown that to be not terribly important, really.
    That is true. :)

Speaking of not needing high specs, I think this world record run of Kamui is cool and I want to try to imitate it. :)

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Blood tests suck. This has been a public service announcement.
    Last time I had a blood test, they couldn't get anything from the one arm so they had to stab the other too

This has been a YNTKT
    I used to get blood tests like all of the time so I got used to them.
    Same.
    :)