The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2013-06-15 16:45:06
    Alright, so I'm not absolutely terrified of being up here anymore, so it's gotten kinda boring.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm in bed for the first time since forever

Let's see if I fall asleep; I've got the Nexus to keep me company
  • Speaking of Sleep, hello everyone.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    hi :)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Observation: the Nexus 7 has a big Nexus logo and a small Asus logo on the back, but no Google logo on it.
    Oh hey looks like somebody just...clocked in!

Er, I mean, hi Counterclock.
  • heeeyyyy there are quite a few Fabriclive mixes on Google Play, including Kasra's, Pinch's and Goldie's

sweet.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    ¿No nada nada? No traje traje.
  • I rlly rlly wanna have a heap Pokemon tournament

that would be pretty cool

but i don't think anyone else wants to
    harry potter hazme un pote
  • Pikachu is banned from Tournament play.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Harry Potter is about to become the property of ABC Inc (soon to take the moniker ABC Warner) depending on my desires

And Harry Potter will make me a shitton of money
    But will he make you an pot?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    He will make millions of pots

And other merchandise
    But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
  • He can't see cause he needs Glasses, hur hur hur.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:
    What is your actual opinion on this article? I would like to hear it.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Odradek said:
    Fuck him and his dumb Hitlerian shit that basically boils down to Steve Sailer-esque whining about how it's going out of style to brutally persecute anyone who diverts from the norm of human communication and thought patterns so hard.

Fucking Social Justice Twitter Marxists should know better

is what I think
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:
    Fuck him and his dumb Hitlerian shit that basically boils down to Steve Sailer-esque whining about how it's going out of style to brutally persecute anyone who diverts from the norm of human communication and thought patterns so hard.

is what I think
    Yeah, I still don't even get what he was really trying to say with the article at all. It seemed like a lot of open-ended prattling on about things that individually sort of make sense but as a whole build to a somewhat nonsensical non-point about autism and facial expressions or something.

For example, the argument that reduced facial expression can be damaging to a child's psychological development is worth discussing, but acting like this is the cause of autism or cultural decline or something is a pretty lunkheaded bit of free association that ignores so many other factors that it's not even funny.

So, yeah, I don't disagree.
  • Let's see who was in this Frankenstein Costume.

Le gasp, it was Old Man Jenkins!

"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids"
    When you're trying to fall asleep late at night...

<⌒/ヽ-、___
                  <_/____/

Sometimes it feels like there's something else in the room with you...

<⌒/ヽ-、___
                  <_/____/

But when you look nothing is there.

?!
                      ∧∧
                     (・ω・*)
                    _| ⊃/(___
                  / └-(____/

Never look back a second time.

(e_e)屮      <⌒/ヽ-、___
         )ノ        <_/____/
  • So it's one of those socially awkward monsters that relies on it's prey's visual acknowledgement before it'll actually kill you?

The more I've looked into Ghost stories, the more my perception of the ridiculousness of these creatures becomes apparent.

"Don't look, or it'll keel you"

∧_∧   /‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
              ( ´∀`) < MLP is shit :D
            /    |    \
           /       .|     ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
           / "⌒ヽ |.イ |
       __ |   .ノ | || |__
      .    ノく__つ∪∪   \
       _((_________\
       ‾‾ヽつ‾‾‾‾‾‾ | |
       ‾‾ヽつ‾‾‾‾‾‾ | |

•            ∧_∧   /‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
              ( ´∀`) < MLP is shit :D
            /    |    \
           /       .|     ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
           / "⌒ヽ |.イ |
       __ |   .ノ | || |__
      .    ノく__つ∪∪   \
       _((_________\
       ‾‾ヽつ‾‾‾‾‾‾ | |
       ‾‾ヽつ‾‾‾‾‾‾ | |

• edited 2013-06-15 21:07:38
    Pizza Dog
    That cat's paws are smaller than it's arms, it also has cutoff and will not be accepted at SMWCentral.
     |  |    ____    
      |  |   /∵∴∵∴\ 
      |  |  /∵∴∵∴∵∴\ 
      |  | /∵∴∴,(・)(・)∴|  
      |  | |∵∵/   ○ \|  
      |  | |∵ /.  ミ  | 彡 | 
      |  | |∵.|  \___|_/| 
      |  |  \|   \__ノ / 
      |  |    \___/  
    TANASINN

Odradek said:

Odradek said:

is what I think
    Yeah, I still don't even get what he was really trying to say with the article at all. It seemed like a lot of open-ended prattling on about things that individually sort of make sense but as a whole build to a somewhat nonsensical non-point about autism and facial expressions or something.

For example, the argument that reduced facial expression can be damaging to a child's psychological development is worth discussing, but acting like this is the cause of autism or cultural decline or something is a pretty lunkheaded bit of free association that ignores so many other factors that it's not even funny.

So, yeah, I don't disagree.
    https://twitter.com/Myrdradek/status/346072336878944258

So guess who's comment was blocked and didn't show up on someone's feed because they thought I was a troll.

THIS MOTHERFUCKER
  • Today someone I follow called Andrew Hussie racist. For once I decided not to respond. Achievement unlocked.
  • edited 2013-06-15 21:41:21
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Andrew Hussie is a hussy
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-06-15 21:44:01
    So I just checked out Apple's changes to iOS with version 7.

It's un-Apple and very Apple at the same time. Definitely will give the OS the well-needed shake-up it's been craving for about 3 years now (and there is no more skeumorphism, thankfully) but I feel like they're still kind of putting a new coat of paint on an aging car. Of course, I'm going to have to use it first before actually judging it but still.

I will say, though, that it has me kind of excited to see the evolution of OS X that will inevitably be born out of it. Mountain Lion is great as it is, but flattening it out may actually have the effect of making it look cooler, I dunno.

also I'm sort of expecting Kex to rebuke that claim that Mountain Lion is great but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Aliroz said:

That's what libraries are for; but I accept that Google can peacefully coexist with real, physical, information.

Wikipedia, on the other hand...

Again, it makes more information more easily accessible to more people. While getting specialized information from it is not a good idea, anyone with an actual interest in a topic will use more sources, and as such it just means that more people will be able to learn.

Okay, but specialized information should not be on the internet because you humans can't have nice things.  Look what you did when you found brightness-powder (also known as gunpowder).  Or what you did when you found our candy-dispensing-machine (also known as a gun).
  • Andrew Hussie is a hussy

Andrew Hussar is a German soldier.
  • edited 2013-06-15 21:46:22
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Never mind Myrmidon is being a humongous dick.
  • ...Whoa, Odie, you alright?
    No.

Kexruct, I'm sorry if you read what I said. It was a product of my own mental instability and no fault of yours. I like having you around.
  • edited 2013-06-15 22:00:45
    I didn't read what you said so it's not a big deal. No worries man, I forgive people really easily as long as they apologize.
  • Tre said:

So I just checked out Apple's changes to iOS with version 7.

It's un-Apple and very Apple at the same time. Definitely will give the OS the well-needed shake-up it's been craving for about 3 years now (and there is no more skeumorphism, thankfully) but I feel like they're still kind of putting a new coat of paint on an aging car. Of course, I'm going to have to use it first before actually judging it but still.

I will say, though, that it has me kind of excited to see the evolution of OS X that will inevitably be born out of it. Mountain Lion is great as it is, but flattening it out may actually have the effect of making it look cooler, I dunno.

also I'm sort of expecting Kex to rebuke that claim that Mountain Lion is great but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen
    Mountain Lion? Wait, what did I say?
  • I just beat up a bunch of Hobos and got gold pieces from them.

RPG Logic.
    Mountain lions are cool animals.
  • mountain lions have more names than I do.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    fax machines
  • No but seriously what did I say about mountain lions.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Siter Skain

just saying :)
  • Kexruct said:

No but seriously what did I say about mountain lions.

not to do it?

fax machines

Fax News. Indoctrinator of right-wing printers.
  • Kexruct said:

No but seriously what did I say about mountain lions.

Mountain Lion is the name of the latest OS that runs on Macs.
  • Actually, I think the problem was the computer I was using, not the OS.
  • Mo' said:

sultan sultan sultan sultan

Stone to merit Ricks stole to meretrix stole to Mara tricks

( And that is what happens when I tried to speak Latin into my voice to text thing on my phone.)