The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Home now

Wheeee

• This is a thing.

fuck yeah
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

done with work already

relaxing at wendy's

What are you having there?
    I had a Baconator.

I figured since it's the one time this week I'll get fast food it was ok to eat something greasy and unhealthy. Is that bad? >_<
  • that is my general philosophy when eating out.
  • Naney said:

eating out.

/maturity
  • edited 2013-05-15 21:04:39
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    No, I don't think so. You certainly have better eating habits than I do.

I usually get the spicy chicken sandwich. Also strawberry iced tea now that they have it (presumably for the summer). Tis good.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    >Central Avenue
    >Baconator

Wut
  • the baconator sounds like it has bacon

hooray bacon
    ...what is un-Central Avenue-like about the Baconator?

Also, I almost forgot to mention: When I walked out of work earlier, I heard an ice cream truck's music playing nearby.

Which is very weird, because my workplace is in an area that's very much industrial. I can't imagine there are many kids lining up outside those warehouses to buy a Dilly Bar...
  • i am highly desirous of a reuben
    A reuben sounds good, though I am definitely un-hungry at the moment.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I love the disco version of the Star Wars theme, because of its awesome time dissonance.
    Also, I'm surprised more people haven't figured out that when you eat somewhere with free refills, there's no point in ordering any drink bigger than a small.
    I get the smallest drink they'll allow me
  • Also, I'm surprised more people haven't figured out that when you eat somewhere with free refills, there's no point in ordering any drink bigger than a small.

Taking it home is the point, generally.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Most of the Wendy's I eat at don't have free refills, as far as I know.

If a place does have free refills, they usually only offer one size drink.
  • Sometimes i kinda wish i could go out to eat.

Eh.
  • Also if your McDonald's is anything like the ones in my vicinity there's always a way to get a large drink for $1 year-round

so

yeah
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Mind tangent: I still remember the time Japanese McDonald's put large fries on the equivalent of the dollar menu, and people would order 20 of them at once, dump them out on their plate, and post pictures of it on Twitter.

Also, I'm surprised more people haven't figured out that when you eat somewhere with free refills, there's no point in ordering any drink bigger than a small.

Well, yeah, if it's a takeout order that makes sense, but I meant when you're eating there.

What I usually do is order a small, drink it with my meal, then top it off again before I leave so I can have some for the road.
  • Most of the Wendy's I eat at don't have free refills, as far as I know.

You have to go up to the counter to ask for them at Wendy's, which is sort of different than how it is at most places, but they do offer them.
    Tre said:

Also if your McDonald's is anything like the ones in my vicinity there's always a way to get a large drink for $1 year-round

>Panny Enterprises Stores

>offering promotionals

lolno

we don't even have half the products that most corporate owned McDonalds' do, because the CEO is too cheap to bring in special orders.

Well, yeah, if it's a takeout order that makes sense, but I meant when you're eating there.

What I usually do is order a small, drink it with my meal, then top it off again before I leave so I can have some for the road.
    but if you order a larger drink, you will have more for home after you leave.

Most of the Wendy's I eat at don't have free refills, as far as I know.

You have to go up to the counter to ask for them at Wendy's, which is sort of different than how it is at most places, but they do offer them.
    Blargh, social interaction.

Good to know, though.

• Most of the Wendy's I eat at don't have free refills, as far as I know.

Blargh, social interaction.

Good to know, though.
    fast food employees are too dead inside for it to count as social interaction.
    I dunno, the folks at my Wendy's often like to chat with me. Some of 'em, anyway.

One girl there even bought me a Frosty one time
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I just want you guys to know

The Baconator is pretty much the best fast food burger you can get

...although Hardee's is pretty good too
    but is it death on a bun
    Well it's basically just bacon, grease, and salt

so yes, it is death on a bun
    Wait

Wendy's offers refills

How did I not know this

Anyway my favored size is small too

Most of the Wendy's around here are like that, but for some reason the one nearest work (where I ate an hour ago) has the soda fountain where you fill your own drinks, just like McDonald's.

Maybe I'm seeing a pattern where there isn't one, but it seems like that happens more often at McDonald's locations near major highways than it does anywhere else.

True. Usually I find a Wendy's small (which is closer to a McDonald's medium) is plenty, though.
  • baconators are great but they make me faint
  • edited 2013-05-15 21:40:41
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I usually get medium combos at both McDonald's and Wendy's, partly for the size of the french fries. I like having more of them in my meals.
    big fries is good
    dammit I'm getting hungry now
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Eat some Ramen.
    I'm glad I'm full for the day.

Come to think of it, I haven't had sushi in a while. I should have some in the near future.
    I just ate some absolutely delicious Famous Dave's

so i'm good right now
    Also

I just want you guys to know

The Baconator is pretty much the best fast food burger you can get

...although Hardee's is pretty good too
    Truth.

But the nearest Hardee's is in Circleville an hour away, so...yeah.
    The only Hardee's I've ever eaten at was in Minnesota

not sure if I wanna drive all the way back there for a crappy delicious burger
    I have no ramen
    But I do have a potato
    I don't eat beef or pork
    I have no ramen and I must eat
  • You have to go up to the counter to ask for them at Wendy's, which is sort of different than how it is at most places, but they do offer them.

Most of the Wendy's around here are like that, but for some reason the one nearest work (where I ate an hour ago) has the soda fountain where you fill your own drinks, just like McDonald's.

Maybe I'm seeing a pattern where there isn't one, but it seems like that happens more often at McDonald's locations near major highways than it does anywhere else.

True. Usually I find a Wendy's small (which is closer to a McDonald's medium) is plenty, though.
    But if you don't get the largest size (which comes in a plastic cup) you can't reuse the cup :(
    I'm eating my potato now
    Last night I had 99 Tumblr followers and now I only have 98

That's down two from Monday

Why don't people like me anymore
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-05-15 22:21:44
    So with a little bit of JavaScript I found, I made it so that when you go to http://trespeak.tumblr.com my description changes a little every time the page loads

go try it ooooout