The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

yak anorak
    yak anorak

This is a heavy hooded jacket made of yak hide, perfect for keeping you warm while you're waiting to spot Seaside Town's train -- which is assumed to exist because of the track, even though no one has ever seen it. Seaside Town's trainspotting community are extremely patient (and extremely lonely) people.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'm going to bed.

KNOW THIS.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Fouria G said:

Opposing the use of rape as humour is hardly ridiculous, given how prevalent it is in this society and given how idiotic people often are about it.

I agree with you that it has no place in humor but then again neither does murder, torture, among many other bad things. At the very least it would be wrong to cherry-pick one tasteless element and then give the others a thumbs up, at worst it would set a precedent that would eventually take them down among many other things via collateral damage. 
  • I know every word to every song on this album.

• I've never listened to it.
  • I know every word to every song on this album

• It won't convert you if you're not the Death Cab type, but if you're into them I think it's them at their best.
  • I'm not that type.
  • I am listening to Massive Attack's Blue Lines.
    On second thought, no sleep yet.

I used to know all the words to Led Zeppelin IV but I've forgotten.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I am the word behind the universal secret of all time.
    With Black Sabbath, I know all the riffs rather than the words.
  • edited 2012-06-22 23:22:20
    :|
    I know all the words to... Robyn's Body Talk. :|
  • edited 2012-06-22 23:35:37
    :|
    Game Center CX is awesome and you should watch it if you're into retro vidya.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Driveinposting

Intermission time now. Brave was fun, The Avengers is up next...
  • @Conspiracy Theory: Lumine is short for Illuminati, that conspiracy where... someone is in control of something. also there's lizard people.
  • Guess that means it's time to play Orgone Trail again.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Challenge Snake Man with the power of beads!
  • "There is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then, there is."

--The Chief's explanation of Issue 21 of The Doom Patrol

he's quoting a koan.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I need to look into adding the mega man nes games to my collection
  • Y'know that story line wrapped up pretty neatly, and it makes sense to me too.

am this bad?

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    AND THEN FISH STARTED RAINING FROM THE SKY
  • So, Dorothy was introduced a couple chapters ago, and I just realized what issue I'm reading.

hoooo boy.

• well I'm rather unnerved by what i just read.

at least they didn't show anything..

I probably shouldn't ask, but... What did they describe that wasn't shown?
  • Well they didn't describe anything. What happened is that Dorothy--a girl with rather strong reality manipulation powers (and a chimp's face for some reason), most notably the ability to bring her imaginary friends to life--is pretty strongly implied to have had her first period, so naturally her imaginary friends turned on her and tried to get her to wear red shoes, because, y'know, Doom Patrol, weird shit. 

The execution was more disturbing than the concept.

• I love Mr. Nobody.

"me! Whose genius was responsible for the big red robot that once kicked the crap out of the doom patrol!"

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Okay, I'm in Shanghai now.
  • edited 2012-06-23 01:02:10
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^^Well, then. Goodness.

^^Heh.

Suddenly, I've got the idea of a monologue in my head. I want to write it down (or more accurately, type it up), but I'm scared it'll sound silly.
  • YOLO, my friend.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    But we monologue a lot here, why would it be silly?
  • Haven said:

YOLO,

Obligatory: CARPE DIEM MOTHAFUCKA.
  • edited 2012-06-23 01:16:29
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    AU: Mostly because it's something of a therapeutic monologue in the guise of a fantasy adventure.

It started out as a potential scene from the dragon fantasy roleplay that I still haven't gotten around to planning and kind of mutated from there. I tend not to think completely straight late at night.
    Oh.
  • 2 days till B-day.
    Nice to hear, FM! Hope you enjoy yourself.

And with that, I think I should go to bed. Good night, everyone.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    So anyway, I'm playing with this ancient (1992) 2.5" hard drive that was a keepsake of my brother's, and first of all, THE DAMN THING STILL WORKS. :D I was able to get most of everything off of it except the Windows install, but getting WFW 3.11 is easy when you have an MSDN account. XD 

More valuable, though, was the IBM PC-DOS 6.3 install. It's MS-DOS 6.22 with a few extras, as well as third-party replacements for a few things IBM either couldn't license from MS, or just didn't want. (I can get MS-DOS 6.22 if I need -- I even have a USB floppy drive to help with installation -- but this is understandably much easier.)
    ^^Good night Gator.

^How many old hard drives do you have?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    At this point, this old beast (which was designed and marketed by Areal, which is long since out of business, and built for them in Japan by Torisan, who also made CD drives at one point) is by far the oldest working drive I have. Everything else dates back to the early 2000s at worst.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm on my way home now...liked both movies.

I want an avatar of Merida now
  • Just when Samuel L. Jackson could not get more awesome.

The BET awards thing isn't that big a deal but SERIOUSLY GUYS. HE'S WEARING A NICKI WIG. AND IT IS NOT GIRLY AT ALL.
  • Hey, in case anyone wanted to know how, I posted everything you'd need to make Dubstep free and all the production knowledge you need here: http://www.last.fm/music/Skrillex
  • Cooooool.

I'll try getting those once we pick my Mac up from the Apple Store. Not fully sure when that'll happen but hopefully I'll let my parents let me get my weekly time to leave the house tomorrow.
  • Glitch is currently only available for Windows. Sorry, Mac dudes!

Nothing Boot Camp can't fix.

• edited 2012-06-23 02:29:55

Lol, I made a thread.

Dubstep is really almost embarrassingly easy.

Almost but-not-quite Lex-Luger-Beat level.
  • edited 2012-06-23 05:18:30
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Goad Moaning
  • edited 2012-06-23 05:21:51
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Hi Wind Fish.

Why would you do that, Lumine?
  • edited 2012-06-23 05:23:30
    The user and all related content has been deleted.