The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-10-03 16:00:15
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    -Gives the next poster the formula for Jontron repellent-

Use it well, and don't let the princess catch yo-RUN!  THEY'VE FOUND ME!  SAVE YOURSELF!
  • kill living beings
    yoshinori ohsumi won a nobel today, for great achievements in the field of eating yourself alive

just a lil #AutophagyMeme to brighten ur day
  • Give me all the Jontron. :v
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The myth that Coke and Pepsi taste the same.
  • they kinda do tho
  • Christmas said:

they kinda do tho

I take exception to your name, man, you gotta run this by me first >:^{

Christmas said:

they kinda do tho

Lies, slander, and lieslander.
  • they absolutely don't, at least, not in the US or the UK

The degree to which it is is different depending on where you go in the US, but in general Pepsi is sweeter than Coke here; the opposite is true in England

(also the particular flavor profiles are just different enough that they're distinct while still qualifying as "colas")
    Pepsi is less fizzy, dunno if it's the same over there though.

Unrelated, Discord is down and it's annoying.
  • to get into the particulars, I prefer American Coke because it's not as sweet as Pepsi, but I like British Coke because it has a better taste than Pepsi that happens to be sweeter

British Coke is also superior to American Coke because it still uses real sugar (we use HFCS), and I think my favorite is either it or Canadian Coke (which tasted similar to British Coke, albeit with a bit less bite)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Different bottlers and soda fountains also have slightly different flavours, and the different formula variations have different tastes closer or further to their competitors. For instance, as we've all noted, Crystal Pepsi is basically Coke Zero, but more robust and lemony; and regular 1893 is pretty much what you'd expect of a cola marketed at Trader Joe's or something as "all-natural, etc." as done by Pepsi, which is to say pretty good.
    Eat at Trader Joe's.
  • I dunno if I ever shared my thoughts on 1893 here, but: it was decent, but I don't think I would particularly go out of my way to get it again (at least, in the cola flavor; the ginger one wasn't at the Speedway my friends and I went to)

It had a nice smoothness to it, but there was a bit of a strange floralness to the flavor that I couldn't quite vibe with; perhaps I was expecting something more Pepsi-like, but even then, it kind of felt like I was drinking a cola with higher aspirations and underwhelming execution thereof.

I'll have to see if Trader Joe's or similar places have something along the same lines that's a bit more satisfying.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    was at the dentist again, my mouth is numb
    small annoyance: dentists who numb you and then try to have a conversation with you

I can't fucking say anything, you numbed my whole fucking mouth!
    mouth is no longer numb
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Michel Houllecebecq is lucky he's french, because it's the one thing that keeps Americans from realizing he has the exact same set of viewpoints as your average Redditor
    No, people know he's dreadful last I checked.
    Good
    I've heard that he wrote a reasonably interesting book about his relationship with the works of H.P. Lovecraft, but even then, the general consensus was that there are a lot of Lovecraft's views that you *don't* want to be caught identifying with, and... yeah...
  • CarnEvil said:

Houllecebecq

I just want everyone to know that French is a silly language.
    I can see how a depressive shitty guy with a lot of hang ups would be able to sympathize with another depressive shitty guy with a lot of hang ups to the point where he could say interesting things about what probably motivated Lovecraft.

Though when it comes down to it, I'd rather hang out with Lovecraft than Houllecebecq, because I could at least trust that Lovecraft would be polite to me.

CarnEvil said:

Houllecebecq

I just want everyone to know that French is a silly language.
    I ain't no Houllecebecq girl I ain't no Houllecebecq girl
    I mispelled it

It's Houellebecq
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Celestabellebethabelle
    CarnEvil said:

I can see how a depressive shitty guy with a lot of hang ups would be able to sympathize with another depressive shitty guy with a lot of hang ups to the point where he could say interesting things about what probably motivated Lovecraft.

Though when it comes down to it, I'd rather hang out with Lovecraft than Houllecebecq, because I could at least trust that Lovecraft would be polite to me.
    Truth.

Also, Lovecraft became progressively more self-critical with respect to different aspects of his worldview as he got older, and admitted later that a lot of his xenophobia and ethnocentrism came from a fear of abandoning his cultural roots, which, given his family traumas, I can understand. One thinks he had a chance of growing out of most of it, were it not for his deteriorating health.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i find there to be very, very little difference between the tastes of colas.

From drinking them more regularly i find i have a slight preference for Pepsi over Coke.  Diet Coke, while inferior to proper Coke, is different enough that i will sometimes opt for it instead.  But the fact that most other people seem to have strong opinions about this is slightly strange to me, because there really doesn't seem to be much in it.

CarnEvil said:

Truth.

Also, Lovecraft became progressively more self-critical with respect to different aspects of his worldview as he got older, and admitted later that a lot of his xenophobia and ethnocentrism came from a fear of abandoning his cultural roots, which, given his family traumas, I can understand. One thinks he had a chance of growing out of most of it, were it not for his deteriorating health.
    Also Lovecraft was known for showing a great deal of charity and kindness to young writers that wrote to him, and I don't think Houllebecq has been known to do anything nearly as nice
  • nah, I'm just a weirdo, I don't think most people care tbh

I think part of the reason I'm so adamant about my opinions is because my older sister and I have had passionate debates on the virtues of our respective cola preferences (she likes Pepsi, and y'all know how I feel).
    in my experience most people do care?

the other day a guy at work asked me to get him a coke and i brought him it and was like 'Your Diet Pepsi, sir' and he was like, all serious, 'It had better not be,' and then he remembered that we don't even sell Pepsi
  • -shrug-

people and sodas are weird
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    CRYSTAL PEPSI RULES

like a ghost on the wind

Coke > Coke Zero > Pepsi Max > Pepsi > Diet Coke > Diet Pepsi
    I like Dr Pepper
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I like water.
  • edited 2016-10-03 23:39:22
    I likes most soda to be honest. Coke Zero tends to be one of my faves
    Aliroz said:

I like water.

I thought you hated showers.
  • oh come now. I love Pepsi but I wouldn't want to bathe in it.
    (2015 self)
    Water is for drinking, not for bathing.
    (2015 self)
    Like Spaghetti.
    (2015 self)
    Or tripleposts.

CRYSTAL PEPSI RULES

It is quite good, yes.

oh come now. I love Pepsi but I wouldn't want to bathe in it.

COWARD.
  • How does one bathe without water? :T
    chinchillas bathe in dust

Cleopatra allegedly bathed in donkey milk
    there are many ways to attain cleanliness.
    hey now

• so seductive