The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Exactly. I'll take 30 of em.
  • yo is anyone like, here, I'm home alone, Discord group is dead and kinda freaking out for no reason
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    freaking out?
  • Yes. I'd rather not go into detail.

How are you, Imicow
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Hello!
    feeling okay.

helps that I have a day off tomorrow.
  • That sounds nice yes.

What will you do with your day off?

Hello!

Hi Sredni
    probably work on some things. Organize some notes and ideas, maybe do a little guitar composition.

also, finish the low percent run of AM2R that I started.
  • That sounds fun.

Is AM2R good? I have heard nothing but high praise for it so I assume so.
    aside from a few nitpicks, it is indeed very good.

hell, it may be the second best 2-D Metroid, after Super.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Hi Jane. I'm here listening to idols and eating. Maybe going to read some manga before bed.
  • edited 2016-08-28 05:44:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    x
    X?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    x
    you wanna play Mega Man X? well, good choice.
  • my favorite Mega Man game was always 2.
    2 is the only NES one I ever legit beat.
    Gute nacht.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Omega Metroids can suck it

you wanna play Mega Man X? well, good choice.

https://heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10012/baldanders-names-all-the-mega-man-x-bosses/p1
    The only way to actually kill Harambe as a meme is to get 13 year old girls into it
    Bring Me the Horizon's new single, "Harambe".
    The problem, though, is that teen girls have better taste than memers.
    True.
    Same.
  • there's a gorilla believe me I've seen it

I whip my dick out let's keep it a secre-e-e-t
  • but seriously I've seen not hide nor hair of this here Harambe meme beyond people complaining about it
  • edited 2016-08-28 16:04:40
    kill living beings
    it was big enough that the cincinnati zoo quit twitter
  • where is Cincinnati anyways
    A city in Ohio.
  • what the fuck is an "Ohio"
    A type of food.
  • Odradek said:

The only way to actually kill Harambe as a meme is to get 13 year old girls into it

I saw someone argue that the reason the Harambe meme has stayed so strong that it's just too weird and tasteless to be coopted by #brands, and I think there's some truth to that.
  • honestly for me it isn't even really funny because of what happened to the gorilla, it's more just because of the blatant absurdity of the idea of whipping one's genitalia out as an act of remembrance

it is pretty crass and I understand why the general consensus here seems to be that we're ready for the meme to die off, but at the same time I can also get why it became a thing in the first place
  • at this point the meme isn't so much the "dicks out" bit as just inserting the word "Harambe" into random contexts
  • I've seen both around and I think I like the "dicks out" part more than the "Harambe" part

which is a weird way of putting it but y'all get what I mean
    Cute. Source.
  • edited 2016-08-28 17:47:53
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Odradek said:

they're actually pretty easy if you know their pattern

Odradek said:

Are you playing version 1.0?
    The dullest word in the English language is resume
    Crystal said:

Crystal said:

Why not dancing with birds is my question.

Googles

This appears to a be a show with art I can dig, but a premise that bores me. Alas.
    would you be more interested if i told you that it's a musical with hellhoud pomeranians and it's ultimately about developing self-determination?
    .... well, yes, actually. Now that you mention it.

It's really, really odd. Like, setting aside the fact that it's a musical, which is baffling enough, it's just a shade off what one might expect in so many little ways that make it kind of low-grade subversive. And apparently it gets just blatantly subversive later as the heroine begins to show some real agency, but I only got so far as her starting to go, "What the fuck is going on?"

And you mention these things.
    I downloaded this for whenever, much like the entirety of Hype la Hype (please don't get angry, I only ever mean this tongue-in-cheek).
    Odradek said:

The dullest word in the English language is resume

I like how it looks, sadface.
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:

Are you playing version 1.0?
    I'm playing 1.1, in which the Omegas have been slightly nerfed.
  • Tre said:

honestly for me it isn't even really funny because of what happened to the gorilla, it's more just because of the blatant absurdity of the idea of whipping one's genitalia out as an act of remembrance

it is pretty crass and I understand why the general consensus here seems to be that we're ready for the meme to die off, but at the same time I can also get why it became a thing in the first place
    do ppl not realize that "dicks out" refers to banana clips, not your actual penis
  • they don't

it's better this way
  • So I've been reading DC's Bombshells comic and it's actually really amazing, guys. I don't much care for the whole girl-power angle (not hostile towards it and if you are, I understand why and that's fine) but goddamn does this comic know how to capture Silver Age fun.
    You know, I'm totally on the "entertainment for children doesn't need to be idiotic" train, but the amount of anger people direct at stuff for literal babies is confusing to me.

"His shows do not assist children in learning to deal with negative feelings and emotions. As one commentator puts it, the real danger from Barney is 'denial: the refusal to recognize the existence of unpleasant realities. For along with his steady diet of giggles and unconditional love, Barney offers our children a one-dimensional world where everyone must be happy and everything must be resolved right away.

Like, Barney exists as a pleasing rounded shape that says reassuring things and tells little toddlers whose brains can only conceptualize so much that he loves them, and also picking up your room and sharing your things is good.

You could ask for a less one-dimensional world, but the target audience literally can't deal with it yet, they do not actually have the necessary brain development. When they get older they can move on to more subtle and complex things
    Only entertainment aimed at that young an age group that I actively dislike, that I can remember offhand, is Teletubbies. And more because wow is it uncomfortable to look at.

Anyway that is just kinda bizarre.
    Alduin said:

So I've been reading DC's Bombshells comic and it's actually really amazing, guys. I don't much care for the whole girl-power angle (not hostile towards it and if you are, I understand why and that's fine) but goddamn does this comic know how to capture Silver Age fun.

I think that's something which caught my interest some time back.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I am never buying a Honda until they stop using that "Honda, I like it!" jingle.

I refuse to give money to businesses that adapt pop songs for advertising