The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I like this color
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    less than 11 hours till my first class of the semester

i suppose i can't complain, since getting all those grants basically means i'm going to school for free this time
  • Vriska said:

Indeterminate red is scarier than negative burgundy,

Only absolute green can save us now
  • less than 11 hours till my first class of the semester

i suppose i can't complain, since getting all those grants basically means i'm going to school for free this time
    glad you're not taking it for granted
  • or how about

THIS

the uh

orangey-yellow of

something

• That vaguely reminds me of when I was writing a snail mail letter to a friend with various colored gel pens. Some of which were metallic.

I dubbed one of them the "Gold Pen of Truthiness" (I think I'd been watching Colbert when I was writing, also my spellcheck somehow thinks "truthiness" is a word).

Which came before the thing-colors by a year or so. So I guess technically "Truthiness Gold" was the first thing-color.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Red Truth
    And the Golden Truth
  • Cat stop attacking my shoes.
  • That would make a metric fuckton of yarn. ::::o
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Hitchcock once said he could make a movie out of a mediocre or good book, but never a great one.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Zeether said:

That's not my favorite cut off that album

I apologize for not posting your favorite cut.

"Subdivisions" is my favorite too, FWIW

Symptoms of Gordon Brown exposure: Paranoia, visions of the apocalypse.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tumblr goes on about toxic people, but never about whether toxic people know they are toxic
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Odradek said:

Tumblr goes on about toxic people, but never about whether toxic people know they are toxic

there are #gamergate people who think they're actually doing good things

how can we be sure.....................................about ourselves???????????????????????
  • Calica said:

Odradek said:

there are #gamergate people who think they're actually doing good things

how can we be sure.....................................about ourselves???????????????????????
    th wise man bowed his head and said there's actually zero difference between bad things and good things, you idiot, you fucking moron
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    My favorite thing about Batman is when they portray him as being a little kid at heart, still that eight-year old boy.

Also, we shoudl really see more of Martha and Thomas Wayne in the comics/movies/television.  Get to know them.  Maybe see some of what they did to help Gotham, and why it was such a tragedy that they died.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I can probably dig up a comic that does that. Don't really want to though.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Quick question: if you take a baby's placenta, dry it, put it into pill form, is that cannibalism?
  • edited 2015-08-25 03:46:08
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No
  • my limbs are sore and kinda numb

in particular my left pointer finger feels all weird
    MachSpeed said:

Quick question: if you take a baby's placenta, dry it, put it into pill form, is that cannibalism?

probably technically at least.
  • MachSpeed said:

You know, on the one hand, it is very much a human body part, but on the other hand it's a human body part designed to be consumed.

I guess the logical conclusion is "no, but only if you give it to a baby".
    i guess it'd be like a chicken eating an egg
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the mind boggles
    Calica said:

i guess it'd be like a chicken eating an egg

Which they will happily do! Chickens are jerks.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I feel stupid for having gone to bed at 10 PM

Now it's 4 am and I'm wide awake
  • :tackles Central Avenue from outta fucking nowhere:
  • edited 2015-08-25 09:25:51
    edit: moving to more appropriate thread
  • Only just woke up. That'll teach me for getting to sleep at 1am and waking up at 6am.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Oh no!  You're turning into me.
  • I woke up at 6 because it was really bright outside, watched some YouTube videos and fell asleep again at 8am.

I was going to walk down to the shops today as my parents are both out until late afternoon, but since there is a bus stop outside my house with a bus that goes directly where I want to go...
    First day back at Ohio State today

Not as nervous about the classes themselves as I am about the commute
  • Good luck!

Hmm... I was going to buy Just Dance for my Wii at Sainsbury's. Now I'm wondering if I should get some chocolate to make some chocolate brownies, or would that be defeating the point?

This is such a good page.

CA: I said it before, but I wish I was the kid who got that cliffhanger. If all I knew about this comic was that there was a kid who got his arm and leg chopped off by a ninja and then an evil robot head said that he was going to give him robot arms and legs.
    TS: And then you get to connect the dots. You get to give him his robot arm and leg.
    CA: That was an interesting aspect, but I hadn’t thought about it as making the reader complicit in that action.
  • To do a Tools: Do unhealthy things to reach a healthy goal or vice versa.

Want that game that will help me exercise more? Get on the bus to the shops to buy the game.

Want that unhealthy chocolate bar? Walk to the shops and take in the fresh air.
  • MachSpeed said:

This is such a good page.

CA: I said it before, but I wish I was the kid who got that cliffhanger. If all I knew about this comic was that there was a kid who got his arm and leg chopped off by a ninja and then an evil robot head said that he was going to give him robot arms and legs.
    TS: And then you get to connect the dots. You get to give him his robot arm and leg.
    CA: That was an interesting aspect, but I hadn’t thought about it as making the reader complicit in that action.
    holy shit what 
  • edited 2015-08-25 10:40:16
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Have I talked about how good Transformers Vs. GI Joe is? Because it's good. It's really good.

EDIT: That page isn't in the comic series proper, but is part of a Free Comic Book Day thing.
  • Jobs round the house done.

Now to get ready and off I go!
  • It's so nice today. Shame I'm being a lazy bum.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I'm getting Helga x Arnold feels this early in the morning aaaaaaaaaaaa
    The drive here wasn't nearly as bad as I had worried.

Also, my first class of the semester is in a building with all its main entrances blocked off, requiring you to enter through a maintenance door. Yep.
    Alicorn Systems Ltd.
    1999 E. University Avenue
    Colerain, Centralia
  • Why do I insist on going shopping when it's early afternoon? It's full of everything I hate: crowds of people, people, and slow walkers.

Sign, "sidewalk" doesn't mean what you think it means.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    would it give the wrong message if I changed my signature to "hate is on the menu"
    What is the wrong message?
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!