The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I am rocking this green shirt like you wouldn't believe!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Pipletrost
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

moo

milktastic! #90s
  • millions of 90s kids will never die
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    This generation will never understand our beloved childhood staples of the 90s, like dairy cows.

Yes, I know they're remaking dairy cows, but it just won't be the same. :|
  • This generation will never understand our beloved childhood staples of the 90s, like dairy cows.

Well done.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

You know, if you have futuristic space technology, you don't really HAVE to run straight across the minefield. Just sayin', you don't really HAVE to reenact World War I.

lel

I'm not sure how to feel about the distinct lack of dramatic music here. It almost makes it feel like... (dramatic gasp) war. With guns firing and screaming and death and destruction, and everything being in sepia, and enemies spawning within your field of vision.

lel
  • the purge is scary because its a time frame in
    which you could be the target for random, unimpeded & unpunished
    cruelty just for being in the wrong place + wrong time and youll be
    blamed for not being adequately prepared & alert 

if youre black and/or queer and/or trans this is also known as “every waking moment”

• kill living beings
    video game where you don't speak the local language so all your conversations with NPCs are broken and repetitive

call me sega

This generation will never understand our beloved childhood staples of the 90s, like dairy cows.

I know right
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    turn and face the strange

ch-ch-changes
  • you know

(*googles*)

heyyyyyyyyyyyyy that song is by David Bowie

i had no idea that david bowie was so fuckin lame
  • like seriously i hate getting that damn song stuck in my head
  • and i legitimately had no idea who wrote it until this exact moment
  • (*checks david bowie off the "classic artists i need to actually listen to at some point" list*)
    it's not his best song but it's earwormy as fuck
    and i associate it heavily with jumpingzombie, so it has a positive connotation to me
  • man im feeling kinda burned out on JJBA

but like i only have 3 episodes to goooooooo
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Them's fightin' words.

But I'm not the one gonna fight you over them.
  • im sorry usually when im being hyperbolic like this im being silly but really that song is legitimately somewhere in the list of my least favourite songs ever
    Lincoln Highway

Old US 30
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

and i associate it heavily with jumpingzombie, so it has a positive connotation to me

I associate it with Shrek 2

Also, when KWGN changed their logo in 2008, they ran a station ID featuring the song and a whole bunch of their past logos up to the new one
  • edited 2014-08-17 01:56:49
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

(*checks david bowie off the "classic artists i need to actually listen to at some point" list*)

Don't do that.

Heroes and Station to Station are great albums and they sound nothing like that song.
  • man am i gonna have problems sleeping again tonight?

the answer is, of course, yes.
    I'd say "go for a late night drive" since that's what I'm doing, but you don't drive, so...
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Didn't Bowie make a drum'n'bass album? After that style of d'n'b was considered passé, granted, but still.
    Naney should watch an episode of Sonic SatAM :P
    David Bowie has much better songs than "Changes"
  • edited 2014-08-17 02:33:03

naney said:

(*checks david bowie off the "classic artists i need to actually listen to at some point" list*)

Don't do that.

Heroes and Station to Station are great albums and they sound nothing like that song.
    Yeah, gonna agree with this and gonna add Aladdin Sane and Low. Especially Low. Hell, just listen to the last 4 tracks on Low. Not really representative of Bowie's other work and in fact sound nothing like it, but the last 4 tracks on Low are so good.
  • kill living beings
    tane
  • i just saw someone unironically use the phrase "Yiff in hell furfag" in this the year of our lord 2014
  • kill living beings
    yiff in hell tsuchigumo
    I find it bizarre that nobody considers Chuck Jones a furfag for directing cartoons featuring Bugs Bunny but when regular people draw rabbits they're furfags

• man i forgot all about this song

this song + this video are so fucking awesome
  • Anonus said:

I find it bizarre that nobody considers Chuck Jones a furfag for directing cartoons featuring Bugs Bunny but when regular people draw rabbits they're furfags

That's true. 
  • naney said:

i just saw someone unironically use the phrase "Yiff in hell furfag" in this the year of our lord 2014

You're doing that thing where you think that all previous mind-sets that are outdated have been updated through people. 

Not so. 
  • edited 2014-08-17 08:57:40
    I suddenly feel like eating fried noodles/egg roll wrappers.  a.k.a. "crispy noodles".  the kind that is a common appetizer in Chinese restaurants in the United States.

Fun fact: if you're Chinese yourself, they're less likely to give you that as an appetizer -- probably because it's an American Chinese restaurant invention, rather than a natively Chinese thing, and probably a number of folks of Chinese ethnicity actually don't expect restaurants to serve them, especially if they're there for "actually" Chinese rather than American Chinese foods.

They're more common in cheaper restaurants, which tend to have more of the standard Americanized selections.
  • edited 2014-08-17 09:01:51
    That's not to say that they -- the cheaper restaurants or the crispy
    noodles -- aren't good.

I regularly get my lunch at a local Chinese
    place, because:

1. only at Chinese places (and Chipotle) can I be reasoanbly sure that I'm getting a good serving of veggies in my meal.  contrast any burger place, where a serving of veggies is usuallyinterpreted as one (or two if they're generous) slice of lettuce on the sandwich.
    2. it's the only place that serves white rice along with the
    usually heavily-flavored meat/veggies dish.  the other Chinese place serves fried rice -- not bad-tasting by itself, but when everything's got a pretty concentrated flavoring, ehh.
    3. they've got the cheapest lunch around.  $5.50 before tax, $6.05 with tax.  (10% sales tax in Fairfax City: 6% state sales tax + 4% restaurant meals tax.  Still very much worth it though -- no other place is as cheap, except Subway.)
  • Chipotle got more expensive since I was last here.

It used to be like $6.45 before tax for a veggie burrito.  Now it's like $6.80.
  • Oh I guess Burger King and McDonald's are probably cheaper if I make use of their discount menus.  But as I said, I have trouble getting a good serving of veggies from those places.

Wendy's is nice and offers chili but it's not significantly cheaper when I get a similar amount of food.
  • One local Chinese place offers what I mentioned above.

The other local Chinese place offers a lunch box with soup for $6.95 before tax (only 6% where it is).  A decent deal, actually, but just not as cheap, also they offer fried rice instead.  I could ask for white rice if I really wanted...

also their portions aren't as large, but they have a soup.  But the soup is just egg drop or wonton or hot&sour and I don't drink the last and the first two are admittedly mainly just flavored water.
  • There's a Little Caesar's nearby that offers a $5 lunch; I haven't tried them yet.

Note that both Chinese places and the Little Caesar's deal are only available during lunch hours.
  • decisions, decisions
  • Also a Domino's nearby.  Monday to Thursday they offer a carryout deal of a large (14 inch diameter) pizza with 3 toppings for $7.99.  Anytime deals are two or more medium (12 inch diameter) 2-topping pizzas or pasta bowls (mix and match possible) for $5.99 each -- though I think I calculated that that deal is not quite as good as the 3-topping large for $7.99:

area = pi r^2

rM = 6

rL = 7

AM = 36 pi
    AL = 49 pi

AL/AM = 49/36 = 1.361111

pM = 5.99
    pL = 7.99

pL/pM = 1.3338898

For 33.4% more price, you get 36.1% more pizza surface area.
  • Domino's is only available starting 10:30 AM until 9:45 PM.  And the large deal is only available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Wendy's opens at 10 AM but is open until 2 AM.

McDonald's is open until ungodly hours of morning.
  • edited 2014-08-17 09:26:15
    apparently this is the Little Caesar's thing
    http://www.littlecaesars.com/AboutUs/IntheNews/News/tabid/206/Token/Info/ArticleID/23/Default.aspx

it seems interesting
    maybe I'll try it later today

the "20-ounce Pepsi product" seems like a waste since i practically never buy drinks but whatever