The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    kusoge
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    aw yessssss

I AM UNGROUNDABLE

SUCK IT AUTHORITY FIGURES
  • 100% JUICE BLEND
    A BLEND OF APPLE, PEAR, GRAPE, AND PINEAPPLE JUICES FROM CONCENTRATE AND OTHER INGREDIENTS.

CONTAINS APPLE, PEAR AND GRAPE JUICES FROM CONCENTRATE, LESS THAN 2% OF: PINEAPPLE JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, CALCIUM CITRATE (CALCIUM SOURCE) VITAMIN C (ASCORBIC ACID), CITRIC ACID (PROVIDES TARTNESS), POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE

PRODUCED FOR
    THE COCA-COLA COMPANY
    ATLANTA, GA 30313 U.S.A.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Weird things about statutory declarations: Swearing on a tatty old Bible that was probably older than me.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    *stands on a holy book*

*screams BOLLOCKS as loud as possible*

*kicked out of the building*
  • duct tape: for taping ducts
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Miko said:

kusoge

:3
    I really like the whole kusoge culture stuff. My favourite one has to be Hong Kong 97.

"The year 1997 has arrived. A herd of fuckin' ugly reds. are rushing from the mainland."

duct tape: for taping ducts

AND NOW

I BRING YOU

• so what does scotch tape tape
    Duct tape: Not actually very good for taping ducts.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

fire principality

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Really the Land of Ooo seems to be FULL of principalities
    I guess technically I am a Christian, in the "was drowned in a basin of holy water and went to a CoE school for seven years" sense.

If nothing else, I'll concede to "some 2000 years ago there was a middle-eastern prophet/preacher called Jesus who extolled the virtues of a monotheistic religion".
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I guess technically I am a Christian, in the "was drowned in a basin of holy water and went to a CoE school for seven years" sense.

If nothing else, I'll concede to "some 2000 years ago there was a middle-eastern prophet/preacher called Jesus who extolled the virtues of a monotheistic religion".

Lemme tell you about Zeitgeist
    i'm never totally sure whether to call myself a Christian or not

i got confirmed too early, i think
    I was baptized by Rick Warren.
    i find that kind of cool.
    Zeitgeist should probably be mandatory viewing for anyone who thinks liberals are any less capable than conservatives of believing insane bullshit

then again, that could backfire horribly
    I'm tempted to do a "One Week of IE Challenge" where I use nothing but the most recent release of Internet Explorer for a week

Because I'm a masochistic little princess
  • well tachy

do you believe in the Christian religion?

• use netscape for a week

should be fun
  • MacDuffy said:

so what does scotch tape tape

Scotch
  • KitKat is quite nice
  • edited 2014-01-29 13:37:23
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^^^^ Isn't that dangerous maybe?
  • I could broadly define myself as a Catholic, but certain aspects of my religion do not sit well with me.
    MacDuffy said:

well tachy

not as literally written in the Bible

i do believe in something
    I believe in nothing.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm listening to Crash Course Literature at work, and it reminded me of one of the weirdest criticisms of CC World History that I've seen. Apparently, John talks about sex too much and uses too many bad words...because, you know, a high-school/college-level series about world history is eminently appropriate for grade schoolers because it's "educational". :P

I've also heard people say he talks too fast, but that's a problem with lectures in general. My mom used to bring a microcassette recorder to class with her when she was in college to remedy that problem, and with YouTube videos, you could always just run the tape back until you get it.
    "i know that i believe in nothing but it is my nothing"
    Nobody follows all of Christianity.

Even people who pull wacky stunts where they follow all of Leviticus for a year are ignoring theological points about Christ freeing humanity from strict religious law.
    As for religion, I was nominally raised Methodist at first, converted to LDS in 1988, and then left LDS in 1997 because I found it stifling. I don't really believe in anything in particular now, though I'm not antagonistic to religion like a lot of rationalists seem to be (this means you, Dawkins).
    The only two things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity.
    GO is GOD
  •  

Tachyon said:

MacDuffy said:

well tachy

not as literally written in the Bible

i do believe in something
    well i mean you can still identify with the religion without interpreting it all literallly
    Miko said:

I believe in nothing.

But is this a negation of believing something, or are you using a noun to say you believe in nothing? Is it Hegel or Heidegger's, or even the crude antinatalist nothing?

Does nothing noth?
    i found CC Literature extremely oversimplistic

then again, i guess that's fair enough if the target audience is GCSE level or under
    Yeah, the literature series didn't go as deep as it probably should have...not sure why. There's several books he could have delved into and didn't, for one.
    i identify as a Methodist Christian, but when i talk to other Christians at any length about religion it quickly becomes apparent we're not really on the same page about very much
  • i wrote this haiku
    in the middle of band class
    i hope you like it
    lee4hmz said:

Yeah, the literature series didn't go as deep as it probably should have...not sure why. There's several books he could have delved into and didn't, for one.

it was more a question of the depth with which he tackled the material he tackled

i know it's a 'crash course' but he raises zero theoretical concerns and just dives straight into the books

it gives you a very misleading and outdated impression of what literary studies is about
    That and it doesn't quite follow the pattern of the English and US lit classes I took in high school...we started English Lit at the beginning, Beowulf, and went from there through Chaucer and all to Shakespeare and de Maupassant.
    then again, diving straight in is usually a good place to start

it's just not the be-all-end-all
    pagetopper

i wrote this haiku
    in the middle of band class
    i hope you like it

There is no way out of here. 
    It will be dark soon. 
    There is no way out of here.
    Odradek said:

Miko said:

I believe in nothing.

But is this a negation of believing something, or are you using a noun to say you believe in nothing? Is it Hegel or Heidegger's, or even the crude antinatalist nothing?

Does nothing noth?
    I am almost completely uninitiated with philosophy but I see everything as ultimately meaningless and temporary. This comforts me.