The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Well, I'm about to have some Ravioli. :P

Also, I prefer Ice Cream. :D
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yay, I leveled up! (I'm an admin here, now, so you'd figure I'd post more. XD)

Also, JZ, my stepdad is still like that. He likes his steak and burgers pretty much burnt. :lol:
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    In a minute and a half I will go to bed
  • The sadness will last forever.
    ok imi
    bbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • edited 2012-05-07 01:47:47
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    -hugs the next poster-
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    -hugs slef-
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Goddammit, I wish I had a grocery store to play with.

I want to take an ugly 2000s Kroger and remodel it into something modern and inviting
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    ^That sounds hot.

TOtes gonna have a wet dream of Centie remodeling an ugly old Kroger tonight.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I want to recreate a 1980s Giant Food, not because of anything we really liked about them (they tended to be kind of small and a bit on the pricey side), but because nostalgia is a powerful thing. The last of the Cohen-era Giants were a big deal to me, and to my next-younger brother as well.

Lesbian, trans & gay ponies~ ^w^
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If I were going to recreate any store out of nostalgia, it would probably be that 1980s/1990s Kroger decor with the grids everywhere. I remember it from my childhood but I don't know of any stores nearby that actually have it.

Also I've rebooted into Windows 7 for the first time in a few days and...wow, this font rendering is awful. FreeType makes this look like a child's toy.
  • edited 2012-05-07 02:55:45
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That reminds me of the Kroger in Blacksburg where I went for late-night canned pasta cravings back in 1996. :P I actually don't remember much about the Krogers in Charlottesville, and when I try, I end up thinking of the Giant at Virginia Square in Arlington instead. :/ 

And yeah, the font rendering in Windows 7...it's way better than the rendering in XP, but that ain't saying much. If you try to use FreeSans on it, as I have before, it looks awful.
    pickles fried
  • Listening to Coleman Hawkins.

Good stuff.
    yay for unicorns
    Windows 7's font rendering is still very reliant on hinting, an area where FreeSans is lacking.

It looks infinitely better if you run the TrueType version through ttfautohint first:
    ...but honestly, still not quite as good as it looks on Ubuntu.
  • edited 2012-05-07 03:31:28
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    When I upgraded my uncle's PC at work to something more modern (complete with Windows 7), he said I should put the Windows 2000 theme on it, since that's what he's used to. I think it's kind of odd, myself, seeing I I like the eye candy, but whatever floats your boat...then again, I also hated the XP default theme (being as it was a bad combination of Fisher-Price and IKEA design elements), and Vista and 7 did a lot to make the default theme more palatable. 

Okay, so they ripped off GNOME and KDE 4 in the process, but still. :P

It's way past my bedtime; time to go check on my laundry and get to sleep. Good night!
  • edited 2012-05-07 03:49:10

An airliner owned by a Russian airline was heading from Russia to Spain, and a cargo plane owned by a Bahraini freight company (which operates under a British division of a German conglomerate) was heading from Italy to Belgium, when the two crashed into each other over Germany due to a fateful mistake made by a Danish air traffic controller at a facility in Switzerland.

The Überlingen mid-air collision must have been the most geographically complex air disaster ever.
    Does anyone else think "Fouria Taylor" sounds like the name of a department store, or is that just me?
    Don't take Exit 107B on an empty tank:

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ I didn't before... :o

(I just mashed together my username here with an older username that I seldom used.)
    Honestly, it's probably just the "Taylor" bit bringing Lord & Taylor to mind.
  • edited 2012-05-07 04:59:23
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I kinda like it.  It sounds like it would be fairly upmarket, at least.  I was shooting for something that would actually sound vaguely like a person's name, though.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    Make it stop raining please :)
    *calls Rainbow Dash, asks her to make it stop raining*
    If Wonderland in Madness Returns is in Alice Liddell's head, and Alice Liddell was a young woman in the 19th century, how are there Phillips screws?
  • edited 2012-05-07 05:41:42
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I keep meaning to play those games, for obvious reasons

Maybe she imagined something that just happened to look like a modern-day Phillips screw...? I dunno.
    I want Madness Returns.  The original was good, but my brother has it so I can't play it at the moment.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't wanna go to sleep.
    Me neither.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    *pushes CA and Anonus together*
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    I feel stiffer than an Amish boy at a Strip club
  • edited 2012-05-07 08:11:01
    After going through a few pages of this thread, I came across this post and was like "Huh, it's true. Logo and bigger avatars. And even signatures."

Yeah, I didn't notice this earlier. I blame it on the fact that I was on IJBM just before and I don't look so closely at the logo.

EDIT: Also: Holy crap, I made 32 posts here? I thought it's less than ten.
  • I lol'd at Tre's sig.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

Good morning, everyone.

Aww, I missed the snowclone festival last night! :P

Hi!
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    hey
  • It's a quote from that night psychoTre took over my mind.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Tre: Oh wow, I remember seeing that whole thing back when I was lurking.