The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• also abbreviations are a thing, such as "FPS" or a "MOBA" or a "4X" or an "NLE"

I hate at least three of these acronyms fwiw
    the genres or just the acronyms themselves?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    "hebetroidvania"

please do not explore children
  • The acronyms. MOBA, 4X, and NLE are all dumb.

...how are they dumb??

i'm not so much objecting to that characterization as i am surprised that such an opinion even exists, since i've never had an opinion of taste regarding acronyms

"hebetroidvania"

please do not explore children

*pays a drunk penguin, a cat, a ghost, and a fish to do it*
    also metroid came out years before hebereke anyway

and. yannow. people actually played it.

...how are they dumb??

i'm not so much objecting to that characterization as i am surprised that such an opinion even exists, since i've never had an opinion of taste regarding acronyms
    okay let me rephrase

I don't like these genre names, and making them into acronyms doesn't make me like them more

MOBA: I live in 2004 and am therefore upset that people don't use the term AoS anymore

4X: I can never remember what this stands for and also I have no idea what games (other than civ) it's supposed to encompass
  • also metroid came out years before hebereke anyway

and. yannow. people actually played it.

I've actually heard it argued that it's Super Metroid that codified the genre, rather than original Metroid.

In any case...

The side-scrolling Metroidvania style eventually began on Japanese computer platforms. In spring 1984, Hiroshi Ishikawa began working on Brain Breaker, a relatively obscure, sci-fi, open-world action-adventure with a Metroidvania style, eventually released for the Sharp X1 in November 1985.[7][8] In September 1985, Xanadu: Dragon Slayer II, developed by Nihon Falcom's Yoshio Kiya, was released for the PC-8801, also with a Metroidvania style.[9][10] Metroid (1986, NES) is generally credited as the game that set the template for the Metroidvania genre.[11]

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Metroidvania_video_games

xanabreakers

...how are they dumb??

okay let me rephrase

I don't like these genre names, and making them into acronyms doesn't make me like them more

MOBA: I live in 2004 and am therefore upset that people don't use the term AoS anymore

4X: I can never remember what this stands for and also I have no idea what games (other than civ) it's supposed to encompass
    what's AoS

(aside from Aria of Sorrow)

and hmm

explore, exploit, exterminate, and...expand in the third position?  i forget
    didn't know it applied to civ games but i don't know civ games
    seen it applied to age of empires
    i thought it's basically a strategy game subgenre with both territory control and resource management elements (contrast Risk which only has territory control)
  • but also another reason i prefer castletroid over metroidvania is because "castletroid" rolls of the tongue better; the "dv" combo sorta cuts the latter word into two pieces

i HAVE heard "metrovania" and i also prefer that over "metroidvania" for the same reason

...how are they dumb??

okay let me rephrase

what's AoS

(aside from Aria of Sorrow)
    Aeon of Strife, the starcraft map which more or less started the genre
  • deceased
    see deeds

DCCD
    CDDC
  • DECEASED => SEE ADIDAS
  • edited 2017-04-09 19:06:24
    changes to my zip code:

+11013

#mathingnumbersthatshouldnotbemathed
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Ah, fuck it. FOR THE HORDE! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
  • that's not a dod, that's a gog!
  • peridot interactive
  • Mavis Tycon Teaches Beeping
  • biscuits et crème
  • edited 2017-04-11 07:01:20
    Poaches!

Peaches!

I want my peach to lay podunk apes for easter!

• This
    credit is available to property owners of forestland next to a waterway
    who agree to refrain from harvesting timber on certain portions for 15
    years.

The credit is worth as much as 25% of the value of timber in the forested "buffer."

To qualify, the property owner must comply with an individualized Forest Stewardship Plan to be certified by the State Forester.
    Truly, it is the Dark Souls of garlic bread.
    Champagne flutes and
    Dinner suits that
    Keep your focus
    Away from the cheating hands
    Tell me
    Does that sexy
    Gown say what she's
    Got in store for her man?

So we roll the dice,
    See where they may fall
    Come on, why don't we spin the wheel
    See whom it may call
    (To) Give into temptation
    (To) Win it
    (Or) Maybe lose it all
    Who knows
    Where the whims of fate may lead us

Chandeliers and
    Decolletes that
    Keep your focus
    Away from the cheating eyes
    Tell me
    What's that bow tie
    On the card guy
    Tell you 'bout his design

So we roll the dice,
    See where they may fall
    Come on, why don't we spin the wheel
    See whom it may call
    Give into another vice,
    See where it might lead
    Come on, let's just enjoy the spice
    (Of) Life and feel so free
    (To) Give into temptation
    The only good piece of visual media is Mars of Destruction.
  • an electron explores metal

being passed from one nucleus's orbit to another's

filling holes as it goes
    Gender? I hardly know 'im.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    SJW pictures of attractive people
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • octane rating of nonsense
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Calica said:

I Can't Believe Unilever Decided To Salute The National Collegiate Athletics Association And The Final Four®
    Corporate America Is Dying
    Universal Studios Has Too Little Mystique
    Anonus said:

Calica said:

I Can't Believe Unilever Decided To Salute The National Collegiate Athletics Association And The Final Four®
    i can't believe they described using deodorant as taking care of your home court

Crystal said:

zoe quinn is #good
  • "what the Electronic Frontier Foundation is wrong with your views on the internet?"
    fornication under the consent of the king
  • californication under consent of king???
  • edited 2017-04-15 07:39:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Calica said:

Anonus said:

Calica said:

i can't believe they described using deodorant as taking care of your home court
    But...why not??

It IS. Every day bacteria play Excellent Basketball on your very person (Did you know that Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer Michael Jordan grew up on the back of a factory worker in Dayton, Ohio?)

They are encouraging mass murder there.

Unilever must be disbanded. The entire company must be incarcerated and its "employees" (mind-slaves) liberated
    Why did Hormel buy Skippy? Hormel is now contaminated
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

Calica said:

Anonus said:

Calica said:

But...why not??

It IS. Every day bacteria play Excellent Basketball on your very person (Did you know that Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer Michael Jordan grew up on the back of a factory worker in Dayton, Ohio?)

They are encouraging mass murder there.

Unilever must be disbanded. The entire company must be incarcerated and its "employees" (mind-slaves) liberated
    Why is this post so funny
    It's not funny. It's only funny to you because you don't believe in the concept of mental enslavement
    Do People Usuguuuuuuuu
    but unilever owns ben&jerry and is thus partially responsible for putting bernie sanders behind a podium that makes it look like he's in a giant ben & jerry cup
    Calica said:

but unilever owns ben&jerry and is thus partially responsible for putting bernie sanders behind a podium that makes it look like he's in a giant ben & jerry cup

Ben & Jerry's must be freed