The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    fans of Tank Girl
  • kill living beings
    i guess there's probably about as much evidence for refrigerators or hypoperfusion as a cause as anything else, though
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

Tankie?  Like Thomas the Tank Engine?  Or fans of Durrell Babbs?

People who continued to support the Soviet Union after the invasion of Hungary

I'd rather hang out with either of those groups
  • wait that's what Tankie means? that's so ridiculously specific.
  • edited 2016-10-27 02:48:12
    kill living beings

wait that's what Tankie means? that's so ridiculously specific.

well, the invasion of hungary was a pretty important moment, because that was pretty much the soviet union very obviously and publically destroying a democratic movement popular enough to destroy the existing government

if you're seriously okay with that you're basically okay with anything. so it's a basic division of communists between being okay morally and being a fucker in the name of marx.
    CarnEvil said:

Odradek said:

Covenants of the Gang in Dark Souls 3

Dennis and Dee: Aldrich Faithful

Mac: Watchdogs of Farron

Charlie: Mound-Makers

Frank: Rosaria's Fingers
    Covenants in Dark Souls 1

Dennis: Darkwraith

Dee: Gravelord Servant

Frank: Forest Hunters

Mac: Path of the Dragon

Charlie: Chaos Servant

Dee picks the Covenant that doesn't work until NG+ and then gets repeatedly ganked by Dennis, until she goes to the Darkroot Garden and they both get ganked by Frank

Mac can't get anyone to summon him for an honorable duel

Charlie spends hours farming the rats in the Depths for Humanity and then is the only one who saves Solaire and gets an NPC summon for the final bossfight
    Which is appropriate, as Solaire is a Champion of the Sun, and a master of karate and friendship for everyone

David Shing (born 1970) also known as "Shingy" is an Australian thought leader and self-proclaimed "Digital Prophet". He has held various top marketing jobs at AOL since 2007.[1]

• Twitter has announced that Vine will be closing down in the next few months. Nothing's changing today, but they say they'll announce further details about their sunset plans in time.

Honestly, I would be more disappointed if I actually used the damned thing, but I never did, so. I credit it for granting folks like Bill Wurtz and Thomas Sanders a platform to grow their audiences, and it was a meme machine, but the real draw of it was always the folks on it, not the app itself.

The end of the service itself was also kind of inevitable given that Twitter couldn't monetize it and the entire company has been struggling. I have a feeling they'll take the opportunity in Vine's absence to try to focus on buffing up Periscope as a viable Facebook Live competitor and continuing to refine the core Twitter experience.
  • edited 2016-10-27 17:30:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They're just nixing the Vine mobile app, unless I read that wrong
  • Thing is, though, the mobile app is Vine. The website is just a way to view profiles and Vines from desktops; there's never been an official way for you to upload Vines from a computer, and I doubt they'll let the unofficial applications continue to use the API to post on it after the sunset date.

Essentially, the site will still be up as an archive, but once the app goes away, that's all she wrote.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    oh
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    CarnEvil said:

It's cool because he was citing Debord

A man who died over 80 years ago and probably believed autism was due to refrigerator mothers or something
    Guy Debord? He died in 1994. That said, Debord had a lot of strange ideas about society. Much as I love his concept of "the spectacle" and tend to want to spam Situationist catchphrases whenever anyone here talks about comic book movie bullshit, I wouldn't talk to him about individual psychology, let alone abnormal psychology. Plus, it sounds like an off-colour metaphor that Steppling is shoehorning into his shitty crusade against people who remind him too much of himself.
    You ever see that documentary about how hard France mishandles autistic kids?

• kill living beings
    was never quite sure if that was 1256
  • My dog is a little bastard.

I found a really nice photo that I took of some trees at the beach in Scotland, and right in the middle of the photo is my dog peeing against a rock.
  • He photo bombed the photo.
    CarnEvil said:

You ever see that documentary about how hard France mishandles autistic kids?

That sounds depressing. Might look into it. I thought psychoanalysis of that kind was predominantly discredited.
    That was weird.
  • kill living beings
    Psychoanalysis is still practiced medically in France for some horrible reason
    Psychoanalysis is still practiced medically in France for some horrible reason
    Looks like we got a scientismist in here

Note: Freud was really really into talking about how scientific and positivistic Psychoanalysis was, so it's hilarious that people act like judging it on those grounds is irrelevant nowadays
    It's sort of appalling that their mental health system is in that state and yet they still have a better healthcare system than ours. What is even wrong with this country that we can't get it together better than France.
    (Granted, all countries have their pluses and minuses but seriously, what?)
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    Vine's been nothing but K-pop edits and alt-righters for months now, but I've got lots of good memories of the place...
    It's in a better place now

Me mum's car

broom broom
  • I've chopped my nails really short.

I feel human again.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    SPIDER WITH A TOP HAT BLAST!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why is the next poster dressed like Punky Brewster?
    because!
  • Party like it's 1984
    it's me!
    If you missed the stream tonight, this is what you missed

• kill living beings
    a lot of things about my life suck, but i'm glad i can decide to eat gyoza at midnight.
  • http://www.cracked.com/blog/its-finally-obvious-nintendo-doesnE28099t-understand-humans/

I never really like I when people post bad Cracked articles just so they can say how bad they are, but damn, this is a bad Cracked article.
    There's a lot of unearned "we"s there
    tumblr_n3p6fhCUHn1qcaee5o1_1280.jpg
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Squeenix is charging FFXV preorders a month in advance, which is kinda weird considering their standard policy is 10 days.
    CarnEvil said:

The bumper stickers on Larry's truck are as follows from left to right; *American flag "mudflap girl" facing port *FISHAHOLIC *small square American flag sticker *"LARRYMOBILE" (missing the letter "I") *Unless you are nude, don't touch this truck *GOD, GUNS & GUTS KEEP AMERICA SAFE *(partial) Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it *PROUD TO BE AMERICAN (with flag) *Honk if you love Jesus *Silhouette of either an elk or a whitetail deer *Bullseye silhouette sticker *WINE 'EM, DINE 'EM, 69 'EM *WARNING if you trespass here, watch out for flying objects * small I "heart" Hooters sticker *American flag sticker *BORN TO HUNT/FORCED TO WORK *American flag "mudflap girl" facing starboard *(partial)Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun *GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET *(circle/slash) no cell phones *American flag sticker *I'm not a REDNECK I'm a southerner with an ATTITUDE *FOLLOW ME TO HOOTERS

I think I saw that truck, possibly several of them.
  • CarnEvil said:

CarnEvil said:

The bumper stickers on Larry's truck are as follows from left to right; *American flag "mudflap girl" facing port *FISHAHOLIC *small square American flag sticker *"LARRYMOBILE" (missing the letter "I") *Unless you are nude, don't touch this truck *GOD, GUNS & GUTS KEEP AMERICA SAFE *(partial) Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it *PROUD TO BE AMERICAN (with flag) *Honk if you love Jesus *Silhouette of either an elk or a whitetail deer *Bullseye silhouette sticker *WINE 'EM, DINE 'EM, 69 'EM *WARNING if you trespass here, watch out for flying objects * small I "heart" Hooters sticker *American flag sticker *BORN TO HUNT/FORCED TO WORK *American flag "mudflap girl" facing starboard *(partial)Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun *GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET *(circle/slash) no cell phones *American flag sticker *I'm not a REDNECK I'm a southerner with an ATTITUDE *FOLLOW ME TO HOOTERS

jesus christ
    A friend showed me this trailer today, and I was expected to get Really Angry

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm pretty excited, honestly.
    I think the X-Men are pretty stupid and Marvel/Disney Content Creation Enterprises should  never ever get their foul gnarled claws on them.

inb4 people tell me it's my own fault for having friends
  • friends are a mistake, consign your social life to the void and post racist things on twitter
  • edited 2016-10-29 00:42:59
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I hate the X-Men a lot also, even if I really love individual characters.

Also while I really love superhero movies, Doctor Strange didn't fail, and that it's time for Marvel to be take down a peg.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

friends are a mistake, consign your social life to the void and post racist things on twitter

Honestly "void" just makes me think of Chuck Tingle now.
    Someone needs to tell me if Dr. Strange's visuals ever got interesting or if it's all inceptionshit