The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    老天爺啊。
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Customer Is Always Right Handed
  • i dont think anyone has ever said anything like "the customer is always right" to me before irl

its just that not annoying them is good business sense

even if they can be

something
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

i dont think anyone has ever said anything like "the customer is always right" to me before irl

its just that not annoying them is good business sense

even if they can be

something

Nobody has either but in business it's a standard that we hold ourselves to, or against.

It's old and nobody really takes it seriously anymore but the ethos it evokes is important, if only to be opposed.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    CarnEvil said:

37 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.

5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

So apparently the reason I have so much trouble translating and explaining the meaning of a single word - 江湖 (Jianghu) - is because Chinese is such a high-context cultural language, and English is a very low-context cultural language.

Great.
  • kill living beings
    yeah i hate context too, fuck that guy
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Il n'y a pas hors du context

• u ever listen to something and you're just like

how
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    1960's Rozzy became depressed when Woodstock happened, citing the decline of traditional values and the rise of young people and their music.

1920's Rozzy became depressed when prohibition was repealed, citing the decline of traditional values and the rise of young people and their music.

60's BC Rozzy became depressed when the Roman Republic fell, citing the decline of traditional values and the rise of young people and their music.

So, after consulting my alternate universe selves, I have decided that the first order of business when I rule the world is to outlaw both people and music. Because all people were young once, and all music was once new. I will have to arrest myself and my entire cabinet, so why wait?

-puts self and cabinet of stuffed animals in imaginary jail-

I'm living up to my principals! Not even my secretary of state Froo-Froo the frog is above the law!
  • kill living beings
    julius caesar was, like, fifty years old.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

tumblr
    Actually I got that from Twitter, but.
  • Aliroz the Platogator

it just seems like a very Tumblr sentiment

not that that's bad, it's good
    Oh yeah, funny and good.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    THANKS SONIC

*plays decadent young people music*
  • Keroberos said:

it just seems like a very Tumblr sentiment

not that that's bad, it's good
    it looks like i'ts from Wholesome Memes
    I feel like an old goddamn man.

People aren't supposed to pull their backs when they're twenty-five.
    I feel like an old man sometimes too
    CarnEvil said:

The breaking point was skipping ahead five minutes to get past some Kinbote whining, and then finding out it was still happening and the phrase "A mystery without an answer is just a dumb question" which is one of the dumbest aesthetic sentiments I've ever heard.
    Acknowledge this
    The movie Prometheus was right

Fuck you, you little asshole. You don't DESERVE answers
    I don't want to.
    CarnEvil said:

“Do you want to PREMIUM DOWNLOAD this file?  I think you want to PREMIUM DOWNLOAD this file.  To help you make this (non-)decision, here is a GIANT TABLE comparing the stout, healthy PREMIUM DOWNLOAD to the wretched, pathetic ‘free download,’ which we retain only out of pity.  PREMIUM DOWNLOAD is going places in life.  PREMIUM DOWNLOAD hails from a noble lineage, stretching back to patriarchs of a less sickly age.  Cast your lot with ‘free download’ and you will waste your years in a purgatory of tickets and CAPTCHAs.  You will curse with your dying breath the pivotal moment when, as a rash young thing, you made the wrong choice.

Why are you scrolling down?  Here, we’ll make this easier for you.  Here are five gigantic green buttons reading PREMIUM DOWNLOAD.  Do you occasionally feel self-conscious about your performance in bed?  Those who have chosen PREMIUM DOWNLOAD do not.  The price is so, so low.  You will not even notice it.  After all, PREMIUM DOWNLOAD comes with free, cutting-edge financial-decision-anesthesia technology.

We notice you are continuing to scroll down.  We are becoming very concerned.  Do you need to talk?  We have many therapists on staff, although, naturally, they are perks of our PREMIUM DOWNLOAD service.  We will slow your fall from grace with this CAPTCHA.  It will not work and you will have to re-load it.  Then it will show you a grainy picture of the number ‘6513′ and instruct you to ‘type the three words.’  There are not three words, only one number.  Do you see what things are like in the meaningless, debauched void of ‘free download,’ unbound by denotation or logic?  We beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken!

We see you are lost.  We weep.  Enjoy your ‘free download,’ and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Death to all imperialists.
    The best mysteries are those that are never solved.
  • edited 2016-10-23 18:23:14
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    CarnEvil said:

CarnEvil said:

The breaking point was skipping ahead five minutes to get past some Kinbote whining, and then finding out it was still happening and the phrase "A mystery without an answer is just a dumb question" which is one of the dumbest aesthetic sentiments I've ever heard.
    Acknowledge this
    If we were to acknowledge this, we would get into Dumb Argument #5000.

(I don't personally disagree with you, but it always seems to lead in that direction anyway even if we don't actually disagree.)
    I honestly did not expect that would happen so sorry
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Again, it wouldn't have been me to do that, but someone probably would've.

I appreciate the apology anyway, though.
  • edited 2016-10-24 00:35:42
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    There is a character in Ace Attorney 6 with the catchphrase "No tricks, no gimmicks!".

That is also the catchphrase of V Lila F, a magician from Yozakura Quartet.
    rock you like a hurricane
  • kill living beings
    gravity wave detector

in reality it's just a big ol aluminium cylinder
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Neat, this ancient Droid 2 i found downstairs still works. There aren't mamy apps that still work with Android 2.3, though.

This thing has a physical keyboard, bbuutt iitt bboouunncceess, so im using the (not terribly responsive) on-screen keyboard.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And now i should probably go to bed. I managed to stay up all night despite taking my melatonin >.<
    SA apparently subscribes to the narrative that there was no misogynist backlash against the new ghostbusters at all, and it was all a manufactured controversy by Paul Feig
    Jack Chick has died.
    I'm still not sure he ever lived
  • man him and Pete Burns are gonna have some awkward moments while they're standing in line to get to the pearly gates
    Not sure he ever lived
    The nicest things I can say about Jack Chick, assuming he lived

1: I liked that he put a lot of little jokes in every panel, like Mad did

2: Fang the dog is kind of cute

3: If I remember correctly
    Chick Tracts have brought me much amusement, and for that reason I shall mourn.
    Plot twist, Chick was Pynchon.
    Would be great, except that would mean Pynchon is dead (possibly).
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    a dude from Weird Twitter just joined the YPG and I'm kind of reeling right now