Wow. Wow. wow.

At any rate I'll be keeping up with it.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

this is quite good, actually

and old

my brother just showed me it and i think it works
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

hmmm

i still have not finished flying witch and luluco b/c i'm a terrible person. i still need to watch amanchu...i'll wait for a couple more eps of figure skating boys before i add it to my list. the animation does look gr8 tho
    You're not terrible but Luluco was probably the best show of that season in its own way so finishing it is a must.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i never finished flying witch either, i really should

i never saw luluco and idk what it's even about
  • kill living beings
    Silliness
    It's about adolescence, first love, and the power of anime.

No, really.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    It's a love letter to Trigger and anime, and a hyperactive adolescent love story wrapped in one of the cutest aesthetic designs I've ever seen.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    O_O
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Such fluff!
    Amaama to Inazuma is a fluffy show. Would recommend for unwinding.
    Gi(a)rlish Number is already off to a strong start, and I'm enjoying it a good deal.
    So, I'm halfway through Otorimonogatari, otherwise known as "Nadeko Medusa", and oh my god you guys. 0w0 !!!
  • kill living beings
    Yes
    The opening alone is just amazing, but every little detail is just creepy.
  • kill living beings
    Oh damn are you coming up on ougi... i think you are

(Curls into a ball)
  • edited 2016-10-13 00:08:04
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Well, Ougi did just lecture Nadeko out of nowhere after jumping her on a bicycle. She's... something. I did not know that one could combine cringe comedy, satirical metafiction and existential/psychological horror like that, let alone in one character. That character design, too.
  • kill living beings
    Oh yeah and i think that's my favorite op that isn't chanting. Zenbu zenbu zenbu zenbu zenbu, just like Cowgirl
    It turns "Ren'ai Circulation" into "Every Breath You Take", but more so.
  • kill living beings
    lol
    Finished "Nadeko Medusa" last night.

0vvvv0 !!!

YES!!!

• edited 2016-10-13 22:52:18
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Soushin Shoujo Matoi makes me a sad bird. On a similar note, dropping it now. But I do like this shot at least:
    Finished Onimonogatari/"Shinobu Time" and I'm finally starting to grasp why Ougi scares the shit out of Klinotaxis. That last little stinger of hers actually made my jaw drop. Also cool: Shinobu's past as a history scroll.
    Wow.

Those were some remarkably pretty panning shots.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

You haven't lived until you've heard this in all its Engrish-y glory
    @Bunny that scene episode was wonderful in the manga, but DP took it onto a whole new level, gosh.
    The girls were quality too. So was Josuke's solution. And Rohan and Josuke continuing to be Rohan and Josuke. Man that was all pretty good.
    There were so many good parts to that episode holy shit

Josuke ruining two seperate lives by stealing phones, Koichi using his Act 3 to maximum effect, Josuke using his healing powers to not die while crashing a motorcycle, and of course "If I heal you I won't feel so bad about beating your ass"

I think this might have been the best arc yet (though Sheer Heart Attack is also top quality)
    SHA is funny in that it somehow manages to be better than the mini-arc before it which more than effectively establishes one of the best JJBA antagonists, and yeah, it's one of my favorite mini-arcs too. I think in my top 3 for DIU?
    I'm honestly not sure what my favorites are because they're all so good

Though there is a special place in my heart for The Lock, because it so perfectly exemplifies the kind of crazy battles you can have when stands are in the picture
    For me that's Yukako's bit, just because Yukako.
    I also love the Yukako arc, mostly because I'm a huge sucker for battles where the villian is defeated not because they lost a fight, but because the hero fundamentally proves their philosophy to be invalid

And, you know, Koichi does a pretty damn good job of that
  • edited 2016-10-14 18:53:13
    Speaking of I am a big fan of his evolution from shy geek to semi-snarky and tough dork, and his hair evolution has grown on me over time too. I didn't actually expect to like him as much I do now, he even beats out Okuyasu for me, I think.

Reminds me in a roundabout way, what are your thoughts on the new OP, and its song "Great Days"?
    Great Days is the first song that I didn't immediately love, but it's quickly grown on me

The OP itself is pretty good, and I think it's going to be incredible once Bites the Dust hits if DP is doing what I think they're doing
    Bunnicula said:

Great Days is the first song that I didn't immediately love, but it's quickly grown on me

Same actually. The first was fun as all get out and "Chase" took a bit of getting used to but nonetheless works very well for that part.
    Bunnicula said:

The OP itself is pretty good, and I think it's going to be incredible once Bites the Dust hits if DP is doing what I think they're doing
    Do you mean gradually changing OPs, or?
    There's some heavy speculation that during the Bites the Dust arc they're going to play the entire OP backwards

Which results in a pretty big change in visuals, as light tends to fade and the main characters gradually fade away into shadow
    Huh, why didn't I think about that. That'd be pretty nifty!
    imageimage
    Only a minute into the second episode of Keijo!!!!!!!! and I am already declaring it AOTS alongside Yuri!! on ICE.
    AOTS? I'm guessing Anime of the Season but I usually prefer spelling that sort of thing out because the abbreviations start to run together...
    Anime Of The Season, yes. Put away your Rakugos and your Oranges and your JoJos and the Thunderbolts, The Butt Anime shall save anime.
    What are you talking about? Space Patrol Luluco already saved your precious animes. It's been done. Go home.
    Spoiler:
    Oh Keijo!!!!!!!! you wonderful show you.
  • edited 2016-10-15 06:56:43

What are you talking about? Space Patrol Luluco already saved your precious animes. It's been done. Go home.

Okay, fine, we can have multiple saviors, it's only right.

Butt Anime shall be giving trashnime a fresh name, a good name, a righteous name. With butt.
    I feel like the whole Monogatari franchise was kind of the saviour of the exploitation genre in anime, actually, to continue talking about my obsession of the moment. Because the bones of its plot and many of its jokes are very much rooted in ecchi harem comedy, monster-driven horror and romantic melodrama tropes, but it's presented in this super nudge-nudge-wink-wink style and with enough heart and brains and visual headfuckery where it counts to be acceptable to people who ordinarily baulk at that stuff.
    Kay, I get the hint, or if not one might as well functionally take it as that.
  • edited 2016-10-15 07:13:24
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    (In the last category also being stuff like Ougi literally being a Discworld Auditor played for horror, which would make the show worth a peak even if it weren't as strong as it is otherwise.)
  • kill living beings
    man, it's been so long, i barely remember auditors. i guess you mean her little speech about order or whatever it was. i can see it.

the little speech of hers that freaked me out (without being an abuse of her... abilities... such as they are) is i think later though, when she implies things relating to herself and the second scariest thing in the franchise