The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-09-14 11:42:31
    ಠ_ಠ
    And then "November Rain" starts playing on my iPod just as I'm trying to cool down.
  • Last night I dreamed that I had an epicly weird dream and was trying to share it with people.

Said epicly weird dream involved, among other things, this really annoying person somehow getting into my apartment and pretending to be a ghost in my bedroom, other people getting mad at me for yelling at the "ghost", and the introduction of a Steel-type Eeveelution. All of which is about par for the course with my actual dreams so the funny part was how I was so excited to share this with people.
  • In the student bar, waiting to get my grub.
  • nom nom nom
  • Now I want a Steel-type Eeveelution.

I don't remember what it was called in the dream but it was like... wearing armor with ribbons on it. XD
  • I don't do well in heat >_<
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...My first thought was "huh, that's an oddly sexual post for the main thread" before I realized you meant literal heat

I'm an idiot
  • Feel like crap

In bed early

Yay
  • Heat exhaustion is a bitch
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    TRIAL BY STONE!
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Why did the Chamberlain propose that when his opponent was obviously the big angry Skeksis? He should have proposed TRIAL BY TRIVIA QUESTION or something
  • TRIAL BY PETRIFICATION
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    This is such a slow and boring Star episode.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Why did the Chamberlain propose that when his opponent was obviously the big angry Skeksis? He should have proposed TRIAL BY TRIVIA QUESTION or something

I know, he is the small nerdly one of the Skeksis?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Crystal said:

This is such a slow and boring Star episode.

Reverting to season 1 form?
    What do you mean by that exactly?
  • Too hot

Help pls
    Aliroz said:

Odradek said:

I know, he is the small nerdly one of the Skeksis?
    I mean they're all kinda shrimpy and weedy under those big coats.

DC_DCP361.jpg

I can't imagine this guy has much upper body strength
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    TRIAL
    BY
    WOMBAT
    Toolsie said:

Too hot

Help pls

*sprays a cool mist of water on Tools*
  • Odradek said:

Toolsie said:

Too hot

Help pls

*sprays a cool mist of water on Tools*
    *douses self in water*

• I don't possess any pyjama shorts. Boo.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Maybe someone can explain this one to me, becuase I don't get it.

I unlock my phone, make a phone call...and when I hang up, I'm back at the lockscreen having to put in my passcode again.

Why? If I started with the phone unlocked, why doesn't it stay unlocked when I hang up? It's not like I let it go into sleep mode; I'm using the phone the entire time!

Is there some specific scenario I've overlooked where it makes sense to force me to put in the passcode again after a call?
    Shamus Young is a libertarian tosspot
    Dra Cesbcuhc ec y kynpyka cruf vun eteudel kaneydelc

Maybe someone can explain this one to me, becuase I don't get it.

I unlock my phone, make a phone call...and when I hang up, I'm back at the lockscreen having to put in my passcode again.

Why? If I started with the phone unlocked, why doesn't it stay unlocked when I hang up? It's not like I let it go into sleep mode; I'm using the phone the entire time!

Is there some specific scenario I've overlooked where it makes sense to force me to put in the passcode again after a call?
    With my iPhone, that always happens too unless I disable the passcode. I think it's some weird security measure or something.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the season two premiere of Star was too good for Disney, frankly

I petition to have their name removed from it

You're probably going to catch up on Star before I do, amusingly enough

I was saving episodes to watch with my sweetie

can we also take their name off of Pepper Ann
    only the bra episode
    and the rest
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

im sad because i did that thing where you take an accidental nap and then you feel gross after

I had one of those today

it was a sad time for all involved
  • work is almost over, I'm bored
  • there's something on my 8ed

it is the same something that's on my 8ed in this avatar.
    something under the bed is drooling
  • So I pricked my little finger on my cactus watering my plants, and now my little finger is sore and swollen.

Help pls
    I've pricked myself on a cactus. Twice, actually.

It wasn't fatal either time, so I wouldn't worry.
    Although if it keeps swelling you might wanna get it looked at
  • I have pricked myself before, but it never usually hurts this much.

I've removed the thorns...
  • ...there are cacti in the UK?
  • if you bring them there yes
    In the harsh deserts of wales
  • kill living beings
    sfmt still sucks
  • I have a small cactus sitting on the windowsill of my uni bedroom
  • I have never been so happy to see temperatures in the teens. It means that the bloody heatwave is over.
  • Am in a train
  • WE
  • have the facts and we're voting "yes"

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you denying that there's an aesthetic that's common in anime? When you bring up criticisms, is it not in reference to things you dislike?

This is my starting point: Anime has an aesthetic. Yes, #notallanime, but by and large, there is a collection of visual, dialogue, plot and characterization tropes that are common to the medium. I don't dig those visual, dialogue, plot or characterization tropes. I don't think it looks cool, or sounds cool, I don't respond to the dialogue ticks. They're annoying to me, or, if you'd like, they're silly in a way I dislike.

When I end up liking anime, it's when it avoids those things. Which does happen! But I'm not sure if you're saying the aesthetic isn't there (which I disagree with) or you're saying you shouldn't dislike an aesthetic (which I also disagree with). Yes, I can scour the world of anime for exceptions but why would I? I know they exist, they land on my door step sometimes, but life is too short to swim upstream for media. There's media everywhere.