The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Thank you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-04-08 16:22:24

And I don't hate anyone, apart from a handful of really obnoxiously rude people (*And people with internaly inconsistent logic, and stupid people*), and you're definitely not rude.

(*I reiterate my position on Chagen here*)
  • edited 2012-04-08 16:23:37
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It doesn't say how old he is on his page, I thought he was in his early 20's.

I've been consistently under the impression he was in his mid-40s. I didn't come up with that on my own but I don't remember where I got that from.

• I think I need a punch bag.

I can practice my karate and lose my anger at the same time!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I thought Fast Eddie was about 50.

FWIW, Lee and I are both in our 30s. We are the GRUMPY OLD MEN of the Heap.

I got hit on by a pettanko once. Most pointless thing ever
  • Hm.

But as I said, accidentally hitting on someone in the wrong age bracket online is easy to do.

(*See also: Me hitting on the (Then 14) Zersk*) >_<
  • edited 2012-04-08 16:29:43
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FWIW, Lee and I are both in our 30s. We are the GRUMPY OLD MEN of the Heap.

I consistently forget that you're not 22.

I have no idea where 22 came from, but that is your age in my brain.

• I've been doing karate for about 5 years now.

It's more or less been put on a permanent hiatus now.
  • edited 2012-04-08 16:33:27
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    22 is a cool number. It has 2 2s.

^get off my lawn
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm 18 but turning 19 next week.
  • I turn 18 in July...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Me hitting on the (Then 14) Zersk
    Wouldn't you have only been like 16? That's not very creepy...
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    -dances on Imi Gs lawn-

What are you going to do old man?
  • edited 2012-04-08 16:48:47
    The sadness will last forever.
    I'm gonna watch Der Todesking later. Going outside right now.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    @ Super Lazuli

Oh god, I used to think he was around 22 too.
    GET OFF MY LAWN

ALL OF YA

• @cybernetic_squid: They did. It's in limited release at Gamestop, better get it while it lasts! :p
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm at Gamestop right now.
  • edited 2012-04-08 18:43:07
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    I think this was the best easter ever. :)

^ whoaaaa
    4600. Uh, I think.

One of the benefits (?) of having Time as a girlfriend is that She makes me immortal.
  • Getting in arguments with her must really suck.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, I'm 34, but you'd be forgiven for thinking I'm younger because I neither look nor act my age. :P
    ^^It helps to be masochistic.

^I typically get mistaken for being younger than I am, both in real life and on the internets.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My mom is 57 and she doesn't look it; neither does my uncle, really, aside from a teensy wisp of grey hair. I guess we're just pretty?
    I think both my parents look younger than they are as well. So does my sister.

Maybe youthful looks are genetic? I dunno.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Good night
  • edited 2012-04-08 19:07:52
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I don't think people are usually surprised when I tell them I'm 19. More often, people seem to be surprised that I'm currently in my second year of college (albeit only for 3 more weeks) because I hang around with older students so much.

^Night, whale.
  • edited 2012-04-08 19:21:06
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    If I have a few days of stubble, people tend to get my age right, but if I'm clean-shaven, I will get mistaken for a teenager. It's happened to me several times, actually.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-04-08 19:25:24
    So, I like Lubuntu's speed on my netbook, but LXDE HAZ NO TEHMES and the file manager is slow as hell for some reason. I don't think it's Dropbox because that was working fine when I first installed it.

Ah well. It's Xubuntu time.
  • edited 2012-04-08 19:37:08

I completely fucked up the Ubuntu side of my partition last week, and I figured since I hated Unity, what other distro would be interesting to try?

How well does Lubuntu work?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...How much space do you guys think would be required for a decent dual-boot setup? I'd like to install some derivative of Ubuntu on this computer (probably Lubuntu or Xubuntu), but it only has a 250 GB hard drive.
    THE RECKONING
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    28 of actual age here. Yep.
    LAWN. OFF OF IT.
  • Every once in awhile, at random, Rhythm Tengoku throws down the virtual gauntlet and challenges you to get a perfect game on a stage you've already beaten. And while you can try it up to three times until you get it right, if you ignore it and choose another game, the challenge disappears, potentially forever. And, are you going to stand for that crap? It'd be awesome to see this applied randomly in other games. Like you boot up your Xbox 360, and a stern message, passively aggressively written in that calm, professional system font, pops up. Hey. You. Fucker. Beat Chapter 2 of Gears of War 3 without dying on Hardcore difficulty. What? Can't do it? You a pussy? And you could decline this request, and technically the Xbox wouldn't think of less of you. But it'd bite at the back of your soul, if you're the kind of person that lets that thing get to you, anyway.

So am I the only person who thinks this would suck most of the fun out of video games as a whole?

• edited 2012-04-08 20:03:36
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I'm pretty sure you're not the only one, Lazuli. Though despite being a bit of a perfectionist myself, the "potentially forever" bit doesn't really bother me as much.

Speaking of perfectionist, come on, Pokémon HeartGold. You gave me a Jolly female Totodile once, you can do it again. I know there's only a 0.5% chance of it coming up, but I'm not giving up. (Though I will settle for Naive if that comes up)
    I need a 9-volt battery