• edited 2016-03-30 05:34:09

not new rules just

gradual social norm drift?

it's all chill, you'll be caught up in no time, don't sweat it
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I forget how to embed yuotoube viddyas

JUMPINGZOMBIE!  JUMPINGZOMBIE!  JUMPINGZOMBIE!

Ohmigosh you're alive!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Huh? No, I don't think you did anything wrong.
    (2015 self)
    Jz, you didn't do anything I haven't done a hundred times.

'Sall good, 'sall good.
  • K, well, I'm sorry I'll blank out those comments before I go to bed.
    (2015 self)
    Resurgam, everyone.
  • edited 2016-03-30 05:37:53
    Aliroz said:

I forget how to embed yuotoube viddyas

JUMPINGZOMBIE!  JUMPINGZOMBIE!  JUMPINGZOMBIE!

Ohmigosh you're alive!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Mostly.

Hahaha, wassup? I know it's been awhile.
  • K, well, I'm sorry I'll blank out those comments before I go to bed.

You really do not have to.
  • it's fine, really!

sleep well, btw

i should do that tooooooo
  • kill living beings

IIRC liberal arts is stuff that has to do with the things a free person (it's liber as in the root for liberate) was supposed to have a good grounding in in antiquity

okay well i sort of knew that, it's just hard to connect, like, learning rhetoric from aristotle to anything i can imagine a cool modern person spending eight million bucks in tuition for
  • You learn rhetoric from people who learned rhetoric from people who [....] from Aristotle.
  • edited 2016-03-30 05:44:14
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yeah, no one is insulted or anything. The issue is more that "PC", for example, is not a phrase that tends to ever see much use here (never mind the associations; not that I mean that as a comment about you). So, just a little surprising more than anything (least for me), but ultimately, well. Shrug

Good rest.
  • IIRC liberal arts is stuff that has to do with the things a free person (it's liber as in the root for liberate) was supposed to have a good grounding in in antiquity

okay well i sort of knew that, it's just hard to connect, like, learning rhetoric from aristotle to anything i can imagine a cool modern person spending eight million bucks in tuition for
    well, when you go to like, any liberal arts institution they do spend a lot of time talking about how their program is designed to makes you a better and more well rounded person

like the ideal citizen, y'know?
  • Somehow, since I started selling my albums (this is lifetime total mind you) I've made $125 off of it.

Now I'm like

at what point do I have to start filing taxes for this.
  • edited 2016-03-30 05:49:15

Crystal said:

Yeah, no one is insulted or anything. The issue is more that "PC", for example, is not a phrase that tends to ever see much use here (never mind the associations; not that I mean that as a comment about you). So, just a little surprising more than anything (least for me), but ultimately, well. Shrug

yeah g'zactly, the use of the phrase PC is kinda associated with... like people on reddit whining about how their video game boobladies dont have as much boobs as they used to due to the feminazis, or whatevs

so while your point was understood, there were unintentional connotations?

which as i said is understandable considering your extended absence, and nobody is upset or anything

just an FYI really?
  • kill living beings

IIRC liberal arts is stuff that has to do with the things a free person (it's liber as in the root for liberate) was supposed to have a good grounding in in antiquity

well, when you go to like, any liberal arts institution they do spend a lot of time talking about how their program is designed to makes you a better and more well rounded person

yeah ok just like.. what do you actually do

argh i looked this up and ran into great books and am having unfairly bad memories dredged up oh nooooo
  • IIRC liberal arts is stuff that has to do with the things a free person (it's liber as in the root for liberate) was supposed to have a good grounding in in antiquity

yeah ok just like.. what do you actually do

argh i looked this up and ran into great books and am having unfairly bad memories dredged up oh nooooo
    you

citizen good

basically, it's mostly hype i think

bleh

reminds me that i really wish there was more emphasis on good citizenship in secondary schooling
  • I waas literally *just* surprised and did not really mean anything else by it.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I misread "video game boobladies" as "gazoobies," and was about to compliment you on your dank mutations, but oops.
  • edited 2016-03-30 05:53:32

yeah

i think like

by the very nature of our having multiple posts about this, we have made this seem like

5 billion trillion trillion times more of a thing than it was. which is barely more than nothing of a thing

yeah
  • kill living beings
    i got in trouble in a secondary citizenship class once cos i thought "communist dictatorship" was maybe too reductive of communism, and the teacher said i should i be in the advanced class to get that kind of nuance
  • Crystal said:

I misread "video game boobladies" as "gazoobies," and was about to compliment you on your dank mutations, but oops.

THEY'VE TURNED MY BADOOPLES INTO GAZONGAS.
  • i got in trouble in a secondary citizenship class once cos i thought "communist dictatorship" was maybe too reductive of communism, and the teacher said i should i be in the advanced class to get that kind of nuance

that sounds contrary to the point of um

learning.
  • That's like.

"Oh sorry, you can't do geometry in here Timmy, this is an algebra class."

Like what?
  • i got in trouble in a secondary citizenship class once cos i thought "communist dictatorship" was maybe too reductive of communism, and the teacher said i should i be in the advanced class to get that kind of nuance

i had like, the most advanced citizenship course my high school had to offer and i still felt it was severely inadequate, most ashamed ive ever been to be an american not including the times the CIA has murdered people and made bad powerpoints
  • kill living beings
    i hate this poster also, i am bad at this

yeah

i think like

by the very nature of our having multiple posts about this, we have made this seem like

5 billion trillion trillion times more of a thing than it was. which is barely more than nothing of a thing

yeah
    I guess. I'd elaborate on why I disagree with all but it being a non-thing-thing, but my medicine is kicking me in, and I'm heading to bed soon.
    Jane said:

Crystal said:

THEY'VE TURNED MY BADOOPLES INTO GAZONGAS.
    See, Jane gets it.

i got in trouble in a secondary citizenship class once cos i thought "communist dictatorship" was maybe too reductive of communism, and the teacher said i should i be in the advanced class to get that kind of nuance

i had like, the most advanced citizenship course my high school had to offer and i still felt it was severely inadequate, most ashamed ive ever been to be an american not including the times the CIA has murdered people and made bad powerpoints
    I've never had any. :ironictoot:
  • edited 2016-03-30 05:58:02
    kill living beings
    Jane said:

That's like.

"Oh sorry, you can't do geometry in here Timmy, this is an algebra class."

Like what?
    sis i got that too that is like par for the course in math classes

lol my APUSH project was literally government agency badnesses. i had this whole division by agency, CIA ATF WTF FBI, cointelpro, waco, the works. this is what i wanted to do in high school

i think it was a poster not a powerpoint though
  • I have actually never heard of a "citizenship course" though and am not really sure what that would be.

how to do your taxes n stuff?
  • kill living beings
    Jane said:

I have actually never heard of a "citizenship course" though and am not really sure what that would be.

how to do your taxes n stuff?
    wow that sounds practical! no i at least am talking about a civics class. checks and balances, the media* is the powerhouse of the cell, so on and so forth

*not actually covered

the feeling i felt when i first saw this is best described as "this is so inept it's kind of adorable like a small anime character that trips and falls over"
  • See, Jane gets it.
    My mom wrote an angry letter to Fox about the episode of the Simpsons that that quote is from.

sis i got that too that is like par for the course in math classes
    I guess I've just never been in a math class that wasn't Number-Learnin' For Morons so I suppose I wouldn't know.

the feeling i felt when i first saw this is best described as "this is so inept it's kind of adorable like a small anime character that trips and falls over"
    this looks like what my younger brothers would make if you told them to come up with a poster for a TOP SECRET government agency.
  • kill living beings
    i guess i would sum it up as that math classes are bad before college, really just soul shaving despair, completely independently of how good or bad you are at arithmetic and whatnot
  • kill living beings
    that's like, shaving off bits of your soul, or... i'm tired.
  • well in college I took a course called Basic Algebra A which is literally like, you needed to take that if you did a certain amount of badly on the entrance test, and you had to pass that course and Basic Algebra B before they let you take any actual math class.

I failed BAA twice, and had the teacher tell me I should drop out.
  • kill living beings
    that sucks

i haven't taken any of those classes, but i imagine they are not fun, especially if being in the meat grinder for years has made math this horrible ununderstandable dull activity for you
  • I still don't really understand much math at all.

Part of it is that I'm absolutely terrible at basic arithmetic, which you kinda need to get in order to understand why anything else works.

Once you start bringing in that y=mx+b shit my brain just shuts off.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I had trouble with algebra for years, though I grew to understand it and to eventually conquer it
  • kill living beings
    fuck arithmetic that is what calculators are for

math education is just something i get mad about

stupid... cold war... imagining how rocket engineers would learn... cubes..................... damn it all
  • Part of the problem now is that there's no real incentive for me to learn it except for its own sake.

Turns out, when your resume consists entirely of being a cashier at various places, people don't care how well you can find out the third side of a triangle by being provided the lenghts of two sides, they'll think you're stupid anyway.
  • kill living beings
    :[

that's my math sadness face, it's rectangular, because math is for squares

my regular sadness face is also applicable of course: :(
  • anyway here's a song I like a lot that someone reminded me existed today

• Come into my life, I have coconuts to show you.
  • :[

that's my math sadness face, it's rectangular, because math is for squares

my regular sadness face is also applicable of course: :(

your sympathy is appreciated
  • Jane said:

Somehow, since I started selling my albums (this is lifetime total mind you) I've made $125 off of it.

Now I'm like

at what point do I have to start filing taxes for this.
    I think it's 600 dollars a year?
  • ok well I'm in no danger of that happening any time soon I don't think.

And if I am I'd be happy to file them lol.
    Jane said:

Come into my life, I have coconuts to show you.

Jane said:

Part of the problem now is that there's no real incentive for me to learn it except for its own sake.

Turns out, when your resume consists entirely of being a cashier at various places, people don't care how well you can find out the third side of a triangle by being provided the lenghts of two sides, they'll think you're stupid anyway.
    Sorry to hear.
    Yeah, Kokonotsu.