The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    Yay!
  • lol
  • edited 2012-03-30 13:44:38
    Who else remembers hearing about Halo: Chronicles?

I still kinda wonder just what that would've been like had they actually made it.

Maybe something like Mass Effect?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Video games

I does not plays them
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I play video games.
  • I play vidja games.

Less than I'd like to, though.

I'm applying for a job at a Wallgreen's on Sunday. So nervous. :[

-chops every poster's head with a machete-
    DER TODESKING

MOTHERFUCKERS
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "Do you think the Resolute desk is as heavy as it looks?"

Considering I have series doubts the president would use a desk that's nothing more than an impressive facade with particle board and cardboard behind it, "yes".

Though I'm sure what I described could easily be used as a horrible political comic...

I'm not sure why I thought it necessary to type "horrible political comic", everyone knows those are horrible by virtue of being political comics.

BURN!
  • edited 2012-03-30 15:53:13
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hi, everyone.

I should probably let you all know at least a little ahead of time, but I won't be here from Sunday to Tuesday this coming week. I'll be on a biology field trip. I'll still be able to post today and tomorrow, though, since I haven't left yet.

I expect there will be at least 800 new posts here when I get back.
  • edited 2012-03-30 15:53:25
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

^^Yay! Lets make some Rainbows!

Discorded Doctor Whoves amuses me...

I'm imagining a Doctor that travels from different times and places so he can sample the local alcohol until he's blind and Derpy being the straight pony trying to get him to solve whatever crisis is going on. 

Usually this involves her tricking the doctor into thinking the monster of the week is hording all the alcohol which causes him to beat the hell out of it in a drunken stupor, thus solving the problem.
  • speaking of political cartoons, someone turned into one today in class.

He fell asleep and was resting his head on a binder that said "CONSUMERISM" on it for some reason.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @ProfessorGator: Have fun, then! See you when you get back.

@Rainbow Factory: ...How much spectra do they get from one pony, anyway? It seems like they'd have to grind up like half their population to get the amount of rainbow shown in the establishing shots of Cloudsdale...
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    CA: Thanks!

Lazuli: I'm having trouble making logical sense of that as a metaphor. Then again, considering that this is a political cartoon we're comparing this to, it shouldn't be so surprising.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Silly, if metaphors in political cartoons made sense, the artists wouldn't have to slap labels on everything!
    Political cartoons

Who looks at that crap
    spaghetti
  • edited 2012-03-30 16:17:00
    ^^ I do, actually.

Though mainly just to see what sort of ridiculous metaphors they can come up with each time.
  • edited 2012-03-30 16:15:30
    The sadness will last forever.
    ^ ^ ^ I look at that stuff.
    My only exposure to political cartoons lately has been through this tumblr.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Penny Arcade sucks too
    Why do I want to go to Minnesota?
  • Though there are good editorial cartoons out there IMO.

It's just that they, y'know, don't use ridiculous metaphors to get their point across.
    Hey, I like Penny Arcade!
    I wonder why I find webcomics such a distasteful medium in general

Doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it
  • edited 2012-03-30 16:24:45
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I liked this design better before they added the pointless ".com"

I'm not a big fan of URLs on license plates, as a rule.
  • edited 2012-03-30 16:21:59
    ^^ Probably because you only know of the crappy ones.
    What are the non-crappy ones?
  • edited 2012-03-30 16:25:35
    Ones that aren't just thinly disguised digs at things the author finds annoying.
    "thinly disguised digs at things the author finds annoying."

This. This is the major reason, I think.
    Exploring Minnesota.com sounds relatively easy.
  • Got accepted to an Ivy League. At least, I think I did.

Not the one that I wanted to go to, but one nevertheless
    That's good to hear. Congratulations!
  • edited 2012-03-30 16:27:23
    The sadness will last forever.
    ^ ^ Lucky. :( I wish I were in Yale right now.
    Too bad I'm not really in school right now.

"@Rainbow Factory: ...How much spectra do they get from one pony, anyway? It seems like they'd have to grind up like half their population to get the amount of rainbow shown in the establishing shots of Cloudsdale..."

Heh. The concept makes me wonder if we're suppose to assume "rainbows" are just another thing in which physics completely fail the Ponies. Sort of like how the Sun and Moon require magic. One would think that with the Pegasi being in charge of weather, making rainbows would just involve moving some rain clouds around.

One of the problems I have with murder-fics is that it seems the population of many of these places are simply too small to sustain rainbows via murders, or picking numbers out of a hat every day or two.

@Imi regarding Penny Arcade/web-comics.

@Justice: Indeed. With "Cupcakes", especially...isn't Ponyville a small enough town that somepony would have noticed all these ponies going missing? It doesn't make much sense.

At least with "Rainbow Factory" it's part of a big government conspiracy, and you get the feeling the citizens don't want to know where their rejects go, though there's still the question of "how do you get enough rainbow out of one colt/filly that you could provide for all of Equestria without having to slaughter your entire population?"

...why am I putting so much thought into these nonsensical stories?
    Cupcakes didn't scare me but it did gross me out.
  • ...why am I putting so much thought into these nonsensical stories?
    That's the $64,000 question, isn't it?

This is my favorite movie now.