The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!

This sums up why I need to get Yakuza 5.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    See, that's the thing.  By the time I get into MLPFIM, everyone hates MLPFIM or has lost interest.  I watch a few episodes of Steven Univese over the thanksgiving break and don't really like it all that much.  By the time that the rest of Gravity Falls is out, you all will be bored of it.  By the time I discover Samurai Jack on netflix, nobody cares about it anymore.

I mean, at the very least I should be able to get on a hype train for the new star wars movie, but y'all are on the "Cautiously optimistic" train.

I have enthusiasm for things nobody else really cares too much about, and I don't care all that much for things that everyone likes.

I miss the Harry Potter Fandom.  Of having all those other people be absolutely crazy about the thing I was crazy about.

(Okay, I'm a fan of Order of the Stick, but the OOTS fandom is utterly reasonable and spends all their time arguing semantics, morality, alignment, and the same three other aguments over and over.)
    (2015 self)
    CONSARN IT, YOU GUYS ARE THE UNITED STATES AND I'M IDAHO.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I ONLY PLAYED PORTAL FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY AND IT WAS GOOD!

AND I ALSO AM 30 YEARS TOO LATE FOR THE MASTER OF MAGIC FANDOM.
    (2015 self)
    PORTAL WAS GOOD!  WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME OF THIS?
  • Aliroz said:

See, that's the thing.  By the time I get into MLPFIM, everyone hates MLPFIM or has lost interest.  I watch a few episodes of Steven Univese over the thanksgiving break and don't really like it all that much.  By the time that the rest of Gravity Falls is out, you all will be bored of it.  By the time I discover Samurai Jack on netflix, nobody cares about it anymore.

actually, Samurai Jack is coming back in February.

Look it up, it was finally renewed for a new season.
    (2015 self)

Samurai Jack was cancelled?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
  • Aliroz said:

CONSARN IT, YOU GUYS ARE THE UNITED STATES AND I'M IDAHO.

One of my college buds is from Idaho. Not sure which part, though.

YNTKT
  • but hey, you literally could not have picked a better time to find that out
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Jumpingzombie was from Idaho.

I wonder what she's up to these days.
    (2015 self)
    Jumpingzombie's alive!

That's fantastic!
    "Why do you say 'was'? It's not like she's dead!"

well no but she moved to Washington for college and that was like 4 years ago so who knows where she is now
  • edited 2015-12-12 00:15:18
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Also, playing Baldurs Gate and reading The Belgariad.

(I'd already played Baldurs Gate, but never got past the naked spidermom lady after the bandit camp.  The Belgariad is legitimately new to me and I LOVE it.  My Bald Uncle gave me a GOG account and some money to buy games on it, and a flashdrive of his old 1980's master of Orion and Master of Magic games, and gave me some of his favorite old books.)
  • kill living beings
    it's just as well, her and my school are like five miles from Idaho. we drive there to pick up Everclear.
  • kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

PORTAL WAS GOOD!  WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME OF THIS?

we were too busy saying the cake was a lie, all joke like

also fyi there is a sequel
  • Portal 2 is almost inarguably better than the original too!
  • kill living beings
    it has paint and a moon, which imo are good things for a game to have. also dude on this bus looks a lot like I vaguely remember @haven looking like
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    unfortunately it also has the old aperture levels
  • kill living beings
    aww come on, those ain't bad. nice scenery!
  • they also have a pretty funky aesthetic

kinda hard, but good
  • Tre said:

they also have a pretty funky aesthetic

kinda hard, but good
    ok

this hard
  • My dreams exceed my real life

unfortunately it also has the old aperture levels

At least Cave Johnson is pretty funny.

Aliroz said:

Samurai Jack was cancelled?

Proof Aliroz exists in a time vortex.

Also Tzetze has been watching Samurai Jack too.
  • kill living beings
    yeah. i never really saw it on TV.

do you know: it's pretty good
    Also I have bad news: Twin Peaks was cancelled at the end of its second season, and also it aired decades ago.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Did you guys hear that Mobile Suit Gundam was cancelled?
    (2015 self)

Also I have bad news: Twin Peaks was cancelled at the end of its second season, and also it aired decades ago.

But everyone has so many ideas and secrets that they say they can't tell me... I thought it was at least five or six seasons...
  • kill living beings
    well, each episode was like an hour, so there's a lot of shit going on
    (2015 self)
    Oh, so it's like Sherlock-type baloney, except not about a british man who doesn't apologize for insulting people and a war veteran.

Ain't nobody got time for hour-long episodes!
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Blue Comet SPT Layzner was canceled.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm still miffed that CBS owns Twin Peaks
  • kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

Oh, so it's like Sherlock-type baloney, except not about a british man who doesn't apologize for insulting people and a war veteran.

Ain't nobody got time for hour-long episodes!

's w hat commmercial breaks are for dawg
    Aliroz said:

But everyone has so many ideas and secrets that they say they can't tell me... I thought it was at least five or six seasons...
    You do get to find out who killed Laura Palmer, if that's any consolation.
    Santa Claus fact: Although it’s commonly believed that Santa won’t visit your house unless you’re asleep, in the case of Dunsmore v. Kringle (1979), the courts struck down Santa’s “children must be asleep” policy on the basis that it was discriminatory against kids with insomnia.

Be warned, though: he’s been doing this long enough to tell when you’re faking.
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

You do get to find out who killed Laura Palmer, if that's any consolation.
    It was... MAN!
  • kill living beings

I suspect that if some of the bee and spider people were to join forces with some of the AI people, it would be a mutually enriching partership.

this works way better if you assume it's about alien species
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it really does
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    he wants biologists studying bees and spiders to collaborate with AI researchers
  • that would make sense
  • edited 2015-12-12 01:54:54
    kill living beings
    of course, the context involves "Martian three-wheeled iguanas", so it's not that much of a change
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the savage unicyclists
    Name: Princess Alice
    Title: Her Royal Highness
    Role: Princess Regnant of the Principality of Centralia and Island Territories
    Species: Asterian

Name: Prince(ss) Anonus
    Title: His (Her) Royal Highness
    Role: Prince(ss) Consort of the Principality of Centralia and Island Territories
    Species: Human

Name: Imicow
    Title: The Right Honourable
    Role: Her Majesty's Royal Cow
    Species: gee what do you think
    (2015 self)
    You know those songs that get played all the time in the radio? They bring so many memories back, of years ago.

Man, I just listened to Soul Sister, and was remembering all the good times at TV Tropes, and... and I started crying.
    note: I just came up with the Asteria thing today and so these posts may or may not be canon until Crystal and I work out more details
    Aliroz said:

You know those songs that get played all the time in the radio? They bring so many memories back, of years ago.

Man, I just listened to Soul Sister, and was remembering all the good times at TV Tropes, and... and I started crying.

:(