The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Eh, I'd have to go with Naney on this one. I was one of the ones who actually tried to help him, and I don't think he's brought anything positive to any experience I've had with him.
  • edited 2012-03-25 15:08:00
    Not an insult. Just an observation.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I'm not sure it counts, if it's tnu. WE ARE discussing someone who has managed to be get themselves banned from just about every forum he posted on.
  • Well, here's hoping he doesn't show up on the new BtL at any rate.

I'm not really sure Nils would be able to handle the situation as well as Anne would've.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    > implying Anne handled the situation well
  • ooooh

Passive agression.

Hey, here's an idea: Let's not be jerks here, okay? Hatin' is bad.

• Agreed. Let's not let the mere mention of Tnu cause drama, shall we?
  • It's not really passive.
  • I was referring to Central Avenue.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Bleh. School starts tomorrow.

For some reason I'm not looking forward to this, even though I've (coincidentally) scheduled my classes so I can stay up just as late as I did over the break.
  • Your avatar reminds me of Ghirahim. Camp queen as he is, he is an absolutely terrifying villain, and I'm not just talking about the part where he nearly sticks his tongue down Link's ear.
  • Appropriate, since that's Pinkamena.
    Pinkie Pie as a serial killer
  • edited 2012-03-25 15:46:52
    Pinkie Pie's equicidally insane alter ego, according to many parts of the MLP fandom.

Edit: Damn, ninja'd.
  • Goodbye, everyone.
  • Hate library internet time limits, gragh.
  • So, just started on playing Red Alert 3 on 360, and so far I think I like the Soviets best.

Probably has to do with the fact that their play style is very similar to the other console RTS's (Halo Wars and Supreme Commander 2) I've played.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Reading the news on my Wii, and wow, I know why I haven't been recently. Mainly because I know what all these attempts to reduce Federal Power are really about -- racist fucking Southerners who want the CSA back, so they can execute everyone that's not rich and white once they're back in power. :P 

Loss of the Federal Government would turn this continent into Somalia in no time, which is why it can't be allowed to happen.
  • edited 2012-03-25 18:40:32
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hold on, if it was Kexruct's b-day yesterday, does that mean that he's really Flyboy/Lightning Knight, or is March 24th just a really popular day for b-days?
  • The sadness will last forever.
    ^ ^ Same.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-03-25 17:44:43
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^^I've talked to Kexruct in the motherheap before, so I know he and Flyboy are two different people. I'm guessing it's the latter.
    ^ Gator, what is your username in the TVT forums? Just curious.
  • edited 2012-03-25 17:51:26
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    It's the same one - ProfessorGator. I haven't posted since January, though. Kind of forgot about it after coming here.
    I take that back, anyway. Ultimately Anne handled the situation pretty well. At the time I was frustrated that it took her so long to come around and IP-ban him, but she did eventually and she even acknowledged that she should have done it sooner, so all in all she did a good job.

(And, hell, I'm also someone who should have banned Tnu sooner, so...)
    This curve is hilarious at night.

Google's picture is out of date; nowadays instead of the trees and stuff there there's just a big concrete wall separating the neighborhood from the freeway and there's an even larger arrow sign with big flashing lights attached to it so you know not to crash straight into the concrete wall ahead.

(I went that way expecting Oakland Park Avenue to cross over the freeway; I didn't expect the major street to just curve and become residential side street like that)
  • Huh, wouldn't expect Google to be behind the curve like that
    Because this isn't a bad idea in any way.

For a freeway as "modern" as this one, I-71 in Columbus has some really dumb design decisions.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Personally, I'd at least put a traffic light there, but I'm far from an expert at roads and signage.
    Yeah, there needs to be a light there. I'm sure there's at least one head-on collision a day there from people not paying attention. :P
  • edited 2012-03-25 18:30:51
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, the street to the left is just a dead-end street that serves a couple businesses, so there's probably not a lot of "through traffic" in that direction...but still, it wouldn't hurt to have some flashing red lights by the "DO NOT ENTER" signs. I can't imagine how many times some drunk driver must have plowed his way straight onto the wrong side of the freeway.
  • edited 2012-03-25 18:37:25
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Aha.

Also, apropos of nothing: I'm reading the Readers' Digest that Ally talked me into getting, and there's a quote from Demetri Martin in here:

I was riding the escalator, and I tripped. I fell down the stairs for an hour and a half.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO!!! I TOLD YOU DOG!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Johann Sebastian Bach
    Got another Rainbow Dash toy. Not again.
  • edited 2012-03-25 19:40:14
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    CA: There's signs here for the new ramps from the I-95/395 express lanes to the Beltway, and they have full black tarps over them, with string tying them together and everything. If the cheapskate private contractors building the HOT lanes can do all that, I wonder why MnDOT can't.
  • edited 2012-03-25 19:41:43
    ^^ You will have Rainbow Dash and you will like it!
    I only ate at McDonalds for the toys.
    Mr_W: I like the style in the movie. It reminds me somewhat of the thick-lined style used in the prologue of Watership Down. 

The commenters need to die, though. :P It seems stupid fucking politiwank isn't just limited to YouTube anymore. :(
    From what I've seen around here, ODOT likes to cover signs in green panels so they look "blank".

Here's an extreme example:
  • edited 2012-03-25 19:45:13
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Lucille's Grotesque Diary of Her Interstellar Journey to The Paisley Dungeons of The Psychotic Leathernuns: 2000 and 10 Fairytales from The Acid Drenched Brain of The Mandra Gora Lightshow Society, Dedicated to All Those Who Only Fly by Night and Die by Daylight, Brothers and Sisters, We Must Not Desert One Another, Our Time Will Come Again and We Shall Rule This Earth and Rise to The Stars in Glory and Triumph, Spreading Intergalactic Chaos and Psychotic Love Throughout The Galaxy...

Why didn't I add this to Long Title back when I was a troper?
    My stomach is in pain after eating McDonalds. Only two cheeseburgers.
  • Meh, I don't particularly like McD's, but I don't think they're that bad.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I always get the fish filet thingy at McDonald's.