The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I know a little bit of German. I only know the swear words, naturally.
  • edited 2015-10-31 20:32:05
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut

I know a little bit of German. I only know the swear words, naturally.

scheisse.
    Aliroz TC said:

Yes

I know German

excellent. well, i'll let you know if/when i try. i hear conversation is an important thing to do with languages, so.

paging Dr. Lel Memefucker
  • I'm wearing Thom Browne ama
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Torgo said:

Is the final strip just going to be a visually aged Margo pointing at a black monolith?

Existential Terror Comix.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    taaaake onnn meee

(take on me)

taaaake meee onnn

(take on me)

I'llll beee gooone

In a day or two!
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    0vvvv0 said:

Torgo said:

Is the final strip just going to be a visually aged Margo pointing at a black monolith?

Existential Terror Comix.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There are two kind of people I consider curmudgeons when it comes to beggars night:

• People who insist on handing out things other than candy, as though indulging in sweets one night a year is directly responsible for any and all child obesity.
    • People who do hand out candy, but get pissy when people show up whom they don't personally approve of. "Damn teenagers, trick-or-treating is for kids!!" "These kids came from another neighborhood just to get more candy!!"
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    My mom collected happy meals during the whole year, and gave toys along with candy.
    "along with" is ok.
  • I never get anyone trick-or-treating here.

If I did they'd get candy that I enjoy too in case of leftovers.
  • man I am pretty sure that every child would take a toy over a piece of candy any day
  • so pro8a8ly mini kitkat, 8a8y ruth, and hershey 8ars and those little packs of twizzlers and skittles and gummi worms or something
  • There was a lady around here last year who gave out Grapples. 

I think she should get a pass cuz A) those things are fucking expensive and B) the novelty of an apple that tastes like a grape is weird enough that kids are into it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

so pro8a8ly mini kitkat, 8a8y ruth, and hershey 8ars and those little packs of twizzlers and skittles and gummi worms or something

no Reese's?
    Grapples

how have i not heard of this before
    This is our first "fall back" with Vanilla 2.1

Let's find out if it handles the time change any more gracefully than Vanilla 2.0 did
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    hard to believe that Halloween is almost over
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Man, grapples are wonderful. Love those things.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

hard to believe that Halloween is almost over

I know it...
    Random chatter: the toy section at Roses makes Wal-Mart look like FAO Schwarz

I mean, we're talking absolute bottom-of-the-barrel, sub-dollar-store levels of cheapness and shoddy construction, here

This is our first "fall back" with Vanilla 2.1

Let's find out if it handles the time change any more gracefully than Vanilla 2.0 did

fall back

as in spring forward, fall back

i had a boss who used to call it that, never met anyone else who did
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    time changes tonite, I almost forgot.
  • I know a little bit of German. I only know the swear words, naturally.

That was me before I started learning for real. The Book Thief was good at that
  • I have convinced my self to go to a college party. Not a true and proper one, but it'll have alcohol and I won't know most of the people there, so it counts more than anything else i've been to.
    Aliroz TC said:

I have convinced my self to go to a college party. Not a true and proper one, but it'll have alcohol and I won't know most of the people there, so it counts more than anything else i've been to.

Have fun! Make sure to only drink booze classy enough to be worth getting drunk on, though. Anything less and you'll just feel kind of trashy in the morning.
    Torgo said:

Dr. Ian Malcolm: No, hold on. This isn't some species that was obliterated by deforestation, or the building of a dam. Dinosaurs had their shot, and nature selected them for extinction.

John Hammond: I simply don't understand this Luddite attitude, especially from a scientist. I mean, how can we stand in the light of discovery, and not act?

Dr. Ian Malcolm: What's so great about discovery? It's a violent, penetrative act that scars what it explores. What you call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world.

Dr. Byron J. Thinkpiece from the audience: Hmm, I am certainly having my intellect tickled by this film.

Torgo said:

Chris Pratt: Building a super-dinosaur is a stupid move that didn't need to happen.

Dr. Byron J. Thinkpiece from the audience: What is this misogynist dreck? I spit on it, and all its children.

• kill living beings
    well i know what i'm changing my legal name to
  • 0vvvv0 said:

Aliroz TC said:

I have convinced my self to go to a college party. Not a true and proper one, but it'll have alcohol and I won't know most of the people there, so it counts more than anything else i've been to.

Have fun! Make sure to only drink booze classy enough to be worth getting drunk on, though. Anything less and you'll just feel kind of trashy in the morning.
    pffffffft, i'm not going there to drink alcohol

I'm going to watch other people drink alcohol and eat all the chips

that's not hyperbole. this is going to cost 5 bucks out of pocket. that's enough for a day's worth of groceries, and I intend on making up for it
    rayman said:

well i know what i'm changing my legal name to

Good idea
  • kill living beings
    i will, of course, write a four page article on the change, and then another one a few months later once i realize it's a dumb idea
    Aliroz TC said:

0vvvv0 said:

Aliroz TC said:

pffffffft, i'm not going there to drink alcohol

I'm going to watch other people drink alcohol and eat all the chips

that's not hyperbole. this is going to cost 5 bucks out of pocket. that's enough for a day's worth of groceries, and I intend on making up for it

Eating all the chips is a good plan, but good alcohol is not expensive. If $5 is the price of entry, you make that money work.
  • Sredni, I have no intention of getting drunk.

If I ever drink, it will be with people I trust in a controlled environment. the latter's not happening tonight, and the former is in limited supply
  • http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/japans-yakuza-mob-cancels-halloween-trick-or-treat

One Yakuza group cancelled their annual trick or treating event out of fear that a recent split would lead to violence.
    That is...

Completely fair. I apologise if I seemed excessively forward.

This said, I was not actually suggesting getting drunk, merely suggesting that availing oneself of expensive proffered beverages in reasonable amounts seems like a good investment. Particularly liqueurs, which are really tasty and more syrup than booze much of the time.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/japans-yakuza-mob-cancels-halloween-trick-or-treat

One Yakuza group cancelled their annual trick or treating event out of fear that a recent split would lead to violence.

What kind of world is this where good honest mobsters can't run a fun event for the whole family?????
  • edited 2015-11-01 02:40:20
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Torgo said:

Torgo said:

Dr. Ian Malcolm: No, hold on. This isn't some species that was obliterated by deforestation, or the building of a dam. Dinosaurs had their shot, and nature selected them for extinction.

John Hammond: I simply don't understand this Luddite attitude, especially from a scientist. I mean, how can we stand in the light of discovery, and not act?

Dr. Ian Malcolm: What's so great about discovery? It's a violent, penetrative act that scars what it explores. What you call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world.

Dr. Byron J. Thinkpiece from the audience: Hmm, I am certainly having my intellect tickled by this film.

Torgo said:

Chris Pratt: Building a super-dinosaur is a stupid move that didn't need to happen.

Dr. Byron J. Thinkpiece from the audience: What is this misogynist dreck? I spit on it, and all its children.

if you are suggesting that Jurassic World was devoid of misogyny i must protest (and it had nothing to do with oppostion to super-dinosaurs)

if you are just pointing out that the first movie gets a pass for bad stuff while the most recent gets attacked over comparatively benign elements then that's a completely fair point

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/japans-yakuza-mob-cancels-halloween-trick-or-treat

this was a bizarre read
  • I haven't gone to any parties yet, and don't plan on doing so.

I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't gotten to see my friends on campus recently, though. I may have been willing to go out tonight if I knew their plans and had a costume, but eh.
  • kill living beings
    i skipped a block party #fuckerlife
    Embedded image permalink
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-11-01 03:00:59
    VG247: Halo’s Cortana is “not really” in the nip but she chooses to appear that way
    “She’s not really nude … but that’s what it makes you think of,” O’Connor explained. “So one of the reasons she [chooses to appear without clothes] is to attract and demand attention. And she does it to put people off so that they’re on their guard when talking to her and she has the upper hand in those conversations.
    ...The only Reach I know of that was bigger than this one got destroyed by the Covenant.
    Tiny said:

VG247: Halo’s Cortana is “not really” in the nip but she chooses to appear that way

“She’s not really nude … but that’s what it makes you think of,” O’Connor explained. “So one of the reasons she [chooses to appear without clothes] is to attract and demand attention. And she does it to put people off so that they’re on their guard when talking to her and she has the upper hand in those conversations.
    ...The only Reach I know of that was bigger than this one got destroyed by the Covenant.
    Time to post this 

Much as I miss his long episodes, Dan really kills it in the minisodes.

Also, Stuff You Like did a less technical attack on the same concept recently that was pretty solid.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    really annoying when you find a song you really like and none of that artist's music sounds at all similar
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-11-01 03:25:07
    What's weird to me about O'Connor / 343 addressing it and attempting to justify it is the fact that, honestly, they didn't really need to; they weren't responsible for Cortana's design prior to the fourth game and they ended up going with a look that clarified the fact that she appeared to have clothes on in the fifth one.

I feel like it'd be more reasonable to just cut the faux-backstory bullshit and say that the way she looked was grandfathered in from the Bungie entries.
  • edited 2015-11-01 03:41:11
    Torgo said:

Torgo said:

Torgo said:

This is plebcomics-tier disingenuous characterization of people you disagree with. Knock it. The fuck. Off.

• Aliroz TC said:

If I ever drink, it will be with people I trust in a controlled environment. the latter's not happening tonight, and the former is in limited supply

This is a good attitude to have for alcohol.
    0vvvv0 said:

Particularly liqueurs, which are really tasty and more syrup than booze much of the time.

This is also true, though there are some exceptions, as liqueurs can sometimes be more alcoholic than than some spirits and can have as much as 55% abv. For example Goldschlager which is delicious and has a slightly higher abv than a lot of spirits. It's not a liqueur, but as far as drinks that have less alcohol than liquors go, I'd recommend a nice port wine to go with a dinner or after dinner, as long a you don't buy a cheap one (i.e Don't buy the 8$ bottle of port wine from the grocery store, though I will say the cheap stuff isn't half bad, even if I wouldn't call it great).
    Torgo said:

What kind of world is this where good honest mobsters can't run a fun event for the whole family?????
    In Japan, unlike other mobs, the Yakuza aren't actually illegal and are regarded as a corporation, which leads to weirdness like this. Of course it also lead to events where the family of a police officer who was killed in a gang war was able to sue the Yakuza for 80 million Yen.
  • edited 2015-11-01 03:46:46
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ Dude, we talked this out last page. You're later to the party than me.