The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Doctor Who.
  • Naw, I'm just messin' with ya. I know Doctor Who.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Morning
    I DONT KNOW
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-03-17 11:59:39
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^^I AM HERE

It just took me a while to get up and ready, that's all. How's it going?
  • I'm two hours later than usual weekends today.

That's the latest time I've woken up in weeks. Nice.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Ouch. Anything in particular bothering you?
  • I'm just going to copy-paste from Skype because I don't feel like explaining all this again.

[12:04:27 PM] Blixty Slycat: in other news
    [12:05:12 PM] Blixty Slycat: I have experienced my first case of fat-guy-in-pool syndrome today. I had wanted to go to the pool of the hotel we're staying at, but upon getting down there and finding out it was crowded with a bunch of spring breakers, *SUDDENLY* I felt much less of a desire to swim.
    [12:05:58 PM] Hydrall: Hm.
    [12:06:39 PM] Blixty Slycat: and of course now my parents are pissed because I spent $20 of my own money on these swim trunks after I forgot to pack the ones I bought the other day, which were another $20.
    [12:07:04 PM] Blixty Slycat: This was supposed to be my birthday present this year, I've yet to enjoy a single thing we've done here.
    [12:07:09 PM] Blixty Slycat: We're going ice skating tonight
    [12:07:10 PM] Blixty Slycat: fucking
    [12:07:12 PM] Blixty Slycat: ICE
    [12:07:13 PM] Blixty Slycat: SKATING
    [12:07:31 PM] Blixty Slycat: I hate skating. It's so far outside the realm of "things I want to do" I have to wonder if I'm being sent some message here.
    [12:07:57 PM] Blixty Slycat: I'm such a stereotype.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Argh, fat-guy-in-pool syndrome. That reminds me that next summer, I want to set aside a shirt or two for swimming for exactly that reason.

Sorry to hear that. Hope things get better soon.
  • So I finally went down there for a little while after it'd cleared out a bit. Left when some idiots decided to play "water football" and utterly ruin the idea of a peaceful swim.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Man....it's quiet here today..St. Patrick's day?
    ^^Is that actually what they called it? It's a bit difficult to form a mental image of that game.

^Huh. Now that I think about it, possibly.
  • edited 2012-03-17 13:58:12
    ^^ "Aye, your ass is grass and I'm the grassman..."

(Ya, I know the Demoman is actually Scottish, but still... drunk from the British Isles.)
    (Ya, I know the Demoman is actually Scottish, but still... drunk from the British Isles.)

Yeah because calling them that isn't controversial at all
  • The bittersweet between my teeth, yada yada yada, yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
  • edited 2012-03-17 14:02:06
    ^^ Ugh, not this generalizing crap again.

I was making a statement about him personally as a drunk, not about his culture. Don't try to make it sound like something it isn't.
  • ^^Is that actually what they called it? It's a bit difficult to form a mental image of that game.

It's football in the water. Popular passtime of loud folk everywhere.

I'm probably too harsh calling them idiots but really.

^^ Ugh, not this generalizing crap again.

I was making a
    statement about him personally as a drunk, not about his culture. Don't
    try to make it sound like something it isn't.

Actually, I was commenting on saying someone who is from the Republic of Ireland is "from the British Isles"
  • edited 2012-03-17 14:17:14
    Well, that's what Wikipedia says at any rate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles
    Blah blah blah UK Britain blah blah.
  • edited 2012-03-17 15:40:42
    I honestly didn't think they could come up with a more ridiculous Japanese verbal tic than "desu".

Clearly, I was wrong.

• The fact that I have no idea who any of these characters are makes it even funnier.
    Uguu is goddamn annoying...it's the sound of pain.
  • Why focus on Weeaboos when we can focus on St. Patrick's Day?

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "I honestly didn't think they could come up with a more ridiculous Japanese verbal tic than "desu".
    Clearly, I was wrong."

"Desu" is at least an actual word. Sometimes anime creators will make the character over enunciate the "u" to increase their "moeness" or just for kicks and giggles. "uguu~" is definitely worse as it's just a shamless attempt to make a character more "moe".
    Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, I kind of wish I knew more prominent dishes in traditional Irish cooking than corned beef and cabbage. I'm not a big fan of either of those things, but they're for dinner tonight because of the holiday.

I remember having fish and chips and a sample of shepherd's pie at an Irish pub next door to my dogs' vet's office. You'd think those would be acceptable substitutes.
  • edited 2012-03-17 16:05:07
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Speaking of accidental doubleposting, whoops!
    Is it bad that I laugh at people saying that the United Kingdom is gonna
    be an Islamic republic by thinking "Yeah, like the British are going
    to give up bacon and pork and ham"
    I remember having fish and chips and a sample of shepherd's pie at an
    Irish pub next door to my dogs' vet's office. You'd think those would be
    acceptable substitutes.

I thought Shepherds pie and fish n chips were British dishes
  • edited 2012-03-17 16:15:40
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Shepherds pie would be, but it's a lot more involved then Corned beef and cabbage.

I also suggest possibly adding Irish Soda bread (raisins can be ignored if those aren't your thing), or maybe looking into Irish stew.

^We're talking about what is essentially a drinking Holiday over here, we're not so picky as long as we're in the ballpark. :P
  • edited 2012-03-17 16:16:10
    Well, okay, fish and chips isn't exactly Irish, I will admit.

But Google says there is potato soup, smoked fish soup, Irish Skink, and apparently apple pie as well. So obviously there are other options.

^I like raisin bread, so that's a good suggestion.
    ^We're talking about what is essentially a drinking Holiday over here, we're not so picky as long as we're in the ballpark. :P

So people in America don't appreciate history? :o
  • edited 2012-03-17 16:29:32
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

It depends, but "Cinco De Mayo" is probably considered "That day where we eat Mexican food and get wasted on Coronas and Margaritas" to most Americans, "history" is rarely considered in these things.
  • edited 2012-03-17 16:31:40
    Even the Fourth of July is somewhat widely considered "That day we have picnics with grilled burgers, hot dogs, etc. and then set off red, white, and blue fireworks."

Just like our founding fathers did, I'm sure. :P
    I'm in a bad mood..mom did that to me.
    Just like our founding fathers did, I'm sure. :P

Eh not really :p The American War of Independence was still winnable for us on 4/7/1776
    I'm so sad, I might go bald.
    Why? :(
    My mother again. She's always one of the major reasons.

"Eh not really :p The American War of Independence was still winnable for us on 4/7/1776"

I think you're missing the point a bit here considering we we're poking fun at modern Americans.