• Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • kill living beings
    nurse with sound
  • wound with sound
    a pound for a brown
  • ghost with the ambient gun
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Sometimes I wonder why Cartoon Network seems to inspire less institutional nostalgia than Nickelodeon
  • Poorer branding. Nothing meaningful.
    CN had great branding.

The on-air imaging they used from 1998 to 2004? One of the best on-air looks ever. Sure they didn't spam their logo everywhere or have shitloads of merchandise everywhere like Nick, but CN still knew how to brand. Just in a more restrained manner.
    Also, they are a descendant of Hanna-Barbera, who very much knew how to #brand
  • They familiarize but it doesn't have the same "imprinting" effect as a Nickelodeon or Disney.
    they still communicated themselves as a "cooler" alternative though
    the fact that CN merchandise wasn't everywhere probably helped (they did tie-ins with Burger King and Subway and such but those were less frequent than Nick or Disney's fast food tie-ins)
  • CN inspires ludicrous amounts of nostalgia what're you talkin about

CN inspires ludicrous amounts of nostalgia what're you talkin about

well I don't seem to see as many, uh, thinkpieces I guess, about CN
  • ah

well CN is still going strong

Nick is uh, not

so i think there's more thinkpieciality in the latter
    of course

It's probably for the best that CN doesn't seem too hard up on trotting their old IPs back out (PPG revival aside)
  • Sometimes I look at my feet and think "the fuck are these?"
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Toolsie said:

Sometimes I look at my feet and think "the fuck are these?"

TIL Toolsie is an escapee from an FPS
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know what I hate about doctors' offices, dentists' offices, and therapists' offices?

Their policy of "if you cancel your appointment without 24 hours notice, we'll charge you a fee for wasting our time"

Healthcare is the only fucking industry with the gall to charge you for not making use of their services >:(
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I don't get charged.
    I get on LW affiliated people's cases for hanging out with neo-fascists, and I'm probably doing something similar to what SA did by judging all of TvT by the worst cases.

But then again, I spent most of my time on TvT yelling about how Tongpu needed to be banned, so.
  • You know what I hate about doctors' offices, dentists' offices, and therapists' offices?

Their policy of "if you cancel your appointment without 24 hours notice, we'll charge you a fee for wasting our time"

Healthcare is the only fucking industry with the gall to charge you for not making use of their services >:(
    Considering how many people need medical services, particularly therapeutic ones, and how difficult it can be to get everyone scheduled, I can understand from a consumer perspective how wanting to deter frivolous cancellations isn't a bad thing.  
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

You know what I hate about doctors' offices, dentists' offices, and therapists' offices?

Considering how many people need medical services, particularly therapeutic ones, and how difficult it can be to get everyone scheduled, I can understand from a consumer perspective how wanting to deter frivolous cancellations isn't a bad thing.  
    I can understand that in principle, but...if I'm cancelling on you, it's for a reason, you know? I cancelled my dentist appointment today because I'm still sick. It's not like I would just call and cancel appointments for the hell of it, and I don't think most people would either.
  • I just got up and I feel LOOPY
    *gives naney catnip*
  • there is something oddly satisfying about the fact that nobody likes police officers anymore
    What a Central Avenue-y sentiment
    Also I'll say there's something immensely satisfying about sailing past a traffic cop at 1 AM with your cruise control set to exactly the speed limit
    Super Mario Bros., Valiant Comics
  • Calvin's face in the third panel is A+
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Red Dwarf is a better British sci-fi show than Doctor Who.

This was my solution for a temporary freeway -> surface road transition.

It's not perfect, but it'll have to do for now because we need to get that pesky cemetery out of the way before we can extend the freeway further. :\
  • You know what I hate about doctors' offices, dentists' offices, and therapists' offices?

I can understand that in principle, but...if I'm cancelling on you, it's for a reason, you know? I cancelled my dentist appointment today because I'm still sick. It's not like I would just call and cancel appointments for the hell of it, and I don't think most people would either.
    Well, yeah. Just means the consequence has to be small enough that it doesn't screw over people with legitimate cancellations.
  • there was a KITTY

a cute kitty :3
  • I had a cute kitty curled up next to me on my bed last night. :3
    Two things Orwell got wrong.

Constant surveillance as a force in people's lives is not done by the government, but by other people who search through forum posts and chatlogs.

Also two minutes hates are actually really fucking boring
  • kill living beings
    kill living bein
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Is naney an actual cat
    Odradek said:

Super Mario Bros., Valiant Comics

I read all these comics back in the day
  • Zeether said:

Is naney an actual cat

yes

• I remember last time I was at this Starbucks we were talking about amazon
    the river?