The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I probably would've watched Steven Universe if it had been around when I was a kid, and I definitely would've watched Adventure Time.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ aww :(

i don't think i had a problem with watching 'girly' shows, i remember watching The Little Mermaid every week, and when i was a little older i loved Cardcaptor Sakura
  • edited 2015-08-30 22:50:39
    ಠ_ಠ
    I watched the shit out of girly things when I was little.

Until puberty hit.

Then it was all explosions and shit.

And girly things.
    my suspicion is that Adventure Time might have been kinda dark for kid me

idk though, it's balanced out by how nutty and colourful it all is
  • Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    Hi everybody!

Who wants to help me reenact the stuff I see on Happy Tree Friends? ^_^
  • Kid!me was into Gen 1 My Little Pony and crappy Saturday morning cartoons.

And then my brother introduced me to gaming.
    during my teens i liked Naruto and Bleach, which could both be pretty dark

in the case of Bleach the entire show had a very grimdark look, which would have completely put me off when i was little, but when i was a teen was part of what attracted me to it (and then i became disappointed as the show became increasingly less about ghost hunting and more about extended fight scenes)
    Charlotte, your parents let you watch that?
  • kid me liked nonfiction and also any book i could find with nonhuman protagonists

i watched Pokemon sometimes, and yu-gi-oh, but that was more on account of the card games
  • Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    Tachyon said:

Charlotte, your parents let you watch that?

what mom and dad don't know won't hurt 'em

it's their own fault for making the password to the internet filter "password"
  • I remember I got Tomb Raider II for my PS1, and I was petrified of the tiger on the first level. I spent all my time playing around Lara's mansion.

Years later, when I'm replaying TR II on the PC, I tracked that tiger down and shot the fuck out of it.
    Pokémon was my first anime iirc

i watched it before i heard of the games, i remember at first i thought the Pokémon were all individuals rather than species

i also got the card game, but got frustrated because barely anyone else wanted to play it, they only collected the cards
  • I was like, weirdly obsessed with Animaniacs once upon a time.
  • This is the same 8 year old girl who would quite happily blow worms up on Worms Armageddon on the PS1.
    Vriska said:

I was like, weirdly obsessed with Animaniacs once upon a time.

idk if i was weirdly obsessed but it was my favourite show at one point, along with Tiny Toon Adventures
    i know i must have been at least 10 years old when we got an N64 because we got the Pikachu version.

my first N64 game was Banjo-Kazooie, i played it so much that my parents got concerned.
  • Tiny Toon Adventures was awesome too.
  • There was this weird kid in my year at school who lived a couple of steers away from me, and we would trade Pokemon cards through the bushes of my front garden where there's a public footpath.

It was like a drugs trade.
  • Fucking hell.

How can one wisdom tooth, which isn't even fucking out yet, cause so much pain?
  • And now a completely unrelated anxiety attack is imminent.

Fuck
  • Tools said:

Fucking hell.

How can one wisdom tooth, which isn't even fucking out yet, cause so much pain?

Ignorance is bliss, they say this because wisdom teeth will bite!
  • The tooth, which I've had problems with before, has caused the entire top right side of my mouth to be sore as fuck.

And I can't get a dentist appointment tomorrow because everything is shut tomorrow.
    Bank holiday, yeah.

Tooth pain is a horrible thing.  You have my sympathies.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *hugs Tools*

Also, I just realized I get a three-day weekend next week because Labor Day. Nice!
  • I'm hoping we have a busy weekend at the shop next weekend. usually if gas prices are decent we get a lot of people stopping through for Labor Day. Especially since we're right off the highway.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    kid!Imi liked 80s cartoons, merchandise-driven dreck that they were.

kid!Imi wanted to watch more girly stuff like MLP but was afraid of societal norms
  • kid!Tools was a sweet and innocent child

teen!Tools was a troubled teenager

youngadult!Tools has severe anxiety, a filthy mind and an even filthier mouth
  • Mother insists that kid!Yarrun was happier than teen!Yarrun, and that teen!Yarrun was happier than present!Yarrun.

She's half-right, I suppose.
  • kid!Tools was a cheerful child, despite the bullying.

teen!Tools went through hell and back

present!Tools is on the mend, and could murder some chocolate frosted icing right now
    I know for a fact that kid!Imi was happier than present!Imi, MLP or no.
  • kid me was fatter

my sister did a weight loss progress collage of me earlier today
  • Shame I don't live near a 24 hour Tesco or something.

There's one near my Halls of Residence, but that would mean having to cut through a dodgy area. I don't like being myself after dark.
  • i couldnt even believe some of those pictures were of me tbh
  • I had a mini afro until I was about 8. Then I started growing it out. Then I got some layers cut in and have the hairstyle I have today.
    i think i was happiest between the ages of 3 and 4, before the bullying started, and again during my late teens/sixth form years (about the time when i first went on TVT and was allegedly "one cheerful motherf***er"), and then during my first year at university (after the gap year, which was horrible)
  • I don't remember ever really being happy.

Which is OK, I think.
    also, during most of my teens i kept my hair *very* short and tidy, whereas now i've started to grow it out
  • kid!Tre was either happy, socially awkward, anxious, or some combination of the three. He also did not have a mohawk, and was largely incapable of making friends, save for the few in his classes that didn't ostracize him for being "gay" or a "little bitch". (Fourth grade... fourth grade was a hard year.)

preteen!Tre still had a similar disposition, though he benefitted from an environment that was more welcoming to his quirks. It was around early adolescence where he gained his mohawk and joined TV Tropes and Tumblr, and then after that, well, you know.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I don't remember any part of my past self. Don't really want to.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    ding dong the witch is dead
  • man where were you that everyone was callin everyone "gay" and "fag"

cuz like i was a huge gay ass fag but the only person who called me that as a kid was this really swole girl at summer camp who called everyone a fag?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    naney said:

man where were you that everyone was callin everyone "gay" and "fag"

cuz like i was a huge gay ass fag but the only person who called me that as a kid was this really swole girl at summer camp who called everyone a fag?

North Carolina? Jersey? Boston?
  • sleeeeeeep
    I recall the gayfag insults being a big thing up in New York
  • "I think we just solved racism, everyone is purple" - Open Mike Eagle
    naney said:

man where were you that everyone was callin everyone "gay" and "fag"

anywhere in America??
  • and that was at an evangelical christian summer camp

man y'all found the worst places to grow up and that is coming from the alcoholic mom dude
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    naney said:

and that was at an evangelical christian summer camp

man y'all found the worst places to grow up and that is coming from the alcoholic mom dude

Denver has varied in its kindness to me
  • I lived in the district of one of the rougher elementary schools in my town. 

My sister got through her three years there alright, but by the end of my six years there I transferred to a school on the other side of town just so I wouldn't have to endure the same sort of environment during middle school. (I don't regret the decision at all; I've drifted from the guys I primarily hung out with while I was there, but one of my two real best friends was there and, despite some initial turmoil involving Tumblr and irrational blame, we're as thick as thieves now.)

The weird thing is, I don't really even think it was because I expressed any particularly homosexual traits so much as just not being one for "boy stuff", I guess.
  • My dreams exceed my real life