The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life

Odradek said:

Embedded image permalink

pygmy hippo?
    Shaved guinea pig
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • ....how do you convert to Islam, actually? There's probably a process.

Anybutt I'm playing as England in EU4 and things are going way better than they did historically re: France.
  • English ppl who is your favorite monarch that your nation has had
    You can convert to Judaism too I believe. Sammy Davis Jr. did.

They don't actively recruit, so it's odd.
  • The one true religion is PDF. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

This pretty much sums up this summer so far in Ohio.
  • English ppl who is your favorite monarch that your nation has had

elizabeth I was p chill
  • edited 2015-07-15 21:49:40

....how do you convert to Islam, actually? There's probably a process.

Anybutt I'm playing as England in EU4 and things are going way better than they did historically re: France.
    i just had a GMH-tier quasi-joke enter my head

I was remembering how a bunch of american fundamentalists talk about how christianity is better than islam b/c in islam you are a "slave to god" and then i was like "what kind of BDSM relationship is christianity then" and i decided that it was petplay b/c the lord is a shepherd ergo you the worshiper are a cute little sheep and now i am googling sheep-themed petplay stuff

anyways to convert to islam you need to recite the shahada before two muslims. not too complicated all things considered.
  • we are having nachos #nachohype
  • edited 2015-07-15 22:58:38
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    edited out because that image was taking fucking forever to load for me
    My favorite thing about Fundamentalists criticizing other religions is that half of the criticisms are identical to the ones people like The Amazing Atheist make
    Blip is shutting down.

It was a shitty site, but it was always nice to have a video hosting site with big name people on it that wasn't google.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I suppose it was a victim of Disney belt-tightening
    I'd worry about the countless hours of video that will be lost, but honestly they purged everything but the big cash cows like Channel Awesome anyways, so that ship has already sailed...
    And Channel Awesome's current and former contributors shouldn't have any trouble finding alternate hosting, really
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    can't it be downloaded somehow?
    It sucks so much that there's no good preservation system for most of the internet.
  • Odradek said:

It sucks so much that there's no good preservation system for most of the internet.

Most of the Internet's history is less preserved than ancient civilization

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33530538 I guess Laibach were tankies the whole time.
    Odradek said:

Web content is so ephemeral...it's like, if you're looking at an article from more than a couple years ago, you're lucky if any of the links in it still work.

It's a shame, we have such a sophisticated and resilient network for sharing information but none of it lasts.
  • Odradek said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33530538 I guess Laibach were tankies the whole time.

good
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

And Channel Awesome's current and former contributors shouldn't have any trouble finding alternate hosting, really

What about someone like JewWario (and before Naney mocks his name, he died in a tragic fashion and probably shouldn't be mocked too hard)?

He's not exactly around to re-upload his videos anymore...
  • it is fine

as long as he was, y'know, jewish
    Some fan will probably download his videos.

What about someone like JewWario (and before Naney mocks his name, he died in a tragic fashion and probably shouldn't be mocked too hard)?

He's not exactly around to re-upload his videos anymore...
    aaaah that's a slightly different category of "former contributor" than what I had in mind

I do hope someone has access to his original videos and can preserve them
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

it is fine

as long as he was, y'know, jewish

Just looked, and yeah, he actually was.
  • I knew a jewish guy in high school who would make money by buying yu-gi-oh cards in bulk and reselling them
    naney said:

I knew a jewish guy in high school who would make money by buying yu-gi-oh cards in bulk and reselling them

Good for him
  • he was a cool guy, he gave me a bunch of amusingly fake egyptian god cards
  • kill living beings
    never even been to pants
    Is #yolo a good name for a cat?

Discuss
  • Odradek said:

Is #yolo a good name for a cat?

Discuss

is the cat orange

if the cat is orange name it Mango
    It is a theoretical cat, so it is every color and no color
  • I am now in possession of the 3 disk remastered copy of Filth
    naney said:

I am now in possession of the 3 disk remastered copy of Filth

James Mcavoy
  • i cant sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    In this dearth of new Lonely Island music videos right now, Schmoyoho rises to the occasion.
    Metro 2033 is really really good.

Try to sneak around and hear the incidental conversations, because a lot of them are really good.
  • I am listening to John Cage talk about Mao
    Tumblr maoists know that feel.

That feel of not making it with anyone anyhow
    Odradek said:

Tumblr maoists know that feel.

That feel of not making it with anyone anyhow
    I want this to become a meme, but it never will.
  • Isn't that just tfw no gf
    Haven said:

Isn't that just tfw no gf

It is brilliant, because they love mao and tfw no gf, but hate dadrock, so the combination of mao hate, a meme they like, and dadrock would drive them insane.
  • dadrock is mostly pretty bad

Santana is pretty cool tho
    Odradek said:

Metro 2033 is really really good.

Try to sneak around and hear the incidental conversations, because a lot of them are really good.
    incidental conversations such as GRENATA :grenade is thrown:

also i just went to the surface for the first time, how far into this thing am i