The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Panurge said:

Zero Blart Thirty (2012)
    dir. Kathryn Bigelow

After many adventures Mall Copping, Paul Blart (Kevin James) enlists in the Navy to become a cook for America's men in blue. But when he accidentally fills out the wrong form he winds up on SEAL Team 6! Now, tasked to assassinate one of history's greatest villains, Blart must team up with the men in uniform, and a barking Seal mascot named Robert, and make his country proud!

good
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Panurge said:

Zero Blart Thirty (2012)
    dir. Kathryn Bigelow

After many adventures Mall Copping, Paul Blart (Kevin James) enlists in the Navy to become a cook for America's men in blue. But when he accidentally fills out the wrong form he winds up on SEAL Team 6! Now, tasked to assassinate one of history's greatest villains, Blart must team up with the men in uniform, and a barking Seal mascot named Robert, and make his country proud!

this movie was truly torture.
  • Panurge said:

Zero Blart Thirty (2012)
    dir. Kathryn Bigelow

well they ARE both Sony Pictures movies

needs moar Adam Sandler and Will Smith though
  • Tools said:

Must stop buying new books.

do you also have about 29 books sitting around waiting to be read? I do that
    Yep. And I think I have spend roughly 20 quid on e-books in two days. 
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    I don't even know how many books I have around waiting to be read anymore
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I have a habit of buying dead tree books and then reading public domain ebooks instead
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Current level of financial desperation: agreeing to participate in a university research project because they offered me $5
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    THis license allows you to install and use one copy of your fist on a single person's face at a time.  This fist may be used to punch faces so long as such use is limited to punching of non-copyrighted faces, faces in which you own the copyright, or faces you are authorized or legally admitted to punch.

This license does not allow the fist to exist on more than one arm at a time, and you may not make your fist available over a network where it could be used by multiple arms at one time.

You may make one copy of your fist in paper-mache form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original.

(2015 self)
    That is not a legitimate license agreement.

That is a fake, a counterfeit license agreement masquerading as a true and binding contract.

It is lies, Central, lies.
  • edited 2015-03-24 00:04:11
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    -psst, it's funny because the license agreement in my earlier post is also a fake license agreement-

-it's actually not funny-

Though, in all seriousness, I do, in fact, read the terms and conditions; and do my best to understand them.  Some of them are quite frightening, making it illegal for you to testify against the company of the product (or at least that's how some of them sound ti me), and illegal for you to sue the company of the product or any of its affiliates.

I mean, isn't that what " Institutional Licensee agrees to indemnify JSTOR against any damage
    arising from breach of the Participation Agreement or the Terms and Conditions
    of Use to the extent allowed by applicable law (including but not
    limited to laws which limit liability for public educational or
    government institutions), it being
    understood that only individual Authorized Users shall be held
    responsible, and shall indemnify and hold JSTOR harmless from any and
    all liability and costs incurred, for any violations by them of the Terms and Conditions of Use." means?

shall indemnify and hold JSTOR harmless from any and all liability and costs incurred, for any violations by them of the Terms and Conditions of use.
  • kill living beings
    WTFPL is a legit license, though it hasn't been tested in court to my knowledge. I have a few programs licensed under it.
  • kill living beings
    and yeah, that's what those terms mean. JSTOR also drove a guy to suicide (at the urging of a school) over copyright infringement, so, i mean, that's how things are now I guess.
  • edited 2015-03-24 00:07:06
    (2015 self)
    OH.  I did not know that.  That's absolutely horrifying.

Anyways, what does, "Neither JSTOR nor Institutional Licensees or Authorized Users will be
    liable for failures or delays in performing their obligations pursuant
    to this contract arising from any cause beyond their control, including
    but not limited to, act of God, acts of civil or military authority,
    terrorism, fires, strikes, lockouts or labor disputes, epidemics, wars,
    riots, earthquakes, storms, typhoons and floods and in the event of any
    such delay, the time for either party's performance will be extended for
    a period equal to the time lost by reason of the delay. If the
    conditions giving rise to the delay continue beyond thirty (30)
    consecutive days, either party may terminate its agreement with the
    other by giving written notice to the other party. " mean?
  • kill living beings
    that it's okay if you're (or JSTOR is) late paying something because you got hit by a train full of ebola piloted by Jesus and some ISIS members, for example
    (2015 self)
    I think you're the first person to ever say that exact sentence, Klinotaxis.
  • kill living beings
    i just think the term "act of god" is funny. it's a legit legal term (meaning "some weird bullshit nobody could have reasonably predicted fucked everything up") but boy does it sound exciting
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    act of dog
    (2015 self)
    I hate showering.

hate hate hate hate hate hate.
    I think I might actually like it too much. Or at least I take too long.
    Microsoft MS-DOS
    (C) Micrsoft Corp 1981-2001

C:\\> mY mAGIC CAN eASILY dEFEAT YOU

Challenge accepted.
    Can your "mAGIC" really defeat me?

C:\\> yES, IT cAN

Fine then, let's battle!

C:\\\> pENN&tELLER.GIF

NOOOOOOOOOO
    I'M DYING

C:\\> stfu

GOD MODE ACTIVATED
    You now control the universe.

C:\\> Bring me candy, bitch.com

Bad command or file name

edited 16th Apr '11 9:16:28 PM by CentralAvenue

prompt What is thy bidding, my master?
  • edited 2015-03-24 02:25:42
    (2015 self)
     Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Gilmore Girls and Daria and My So Called Life.

Urgh, nineties girl shows.  Yes, funny.  Yes, wisecracking female leads.  Yes, highschool.  Now shut up and get me some telletubbies, or some bananas in pajamas, because when I search for "nineties television", I want quality art with real soul.  La-la and Dipsy are more intensely realized, more real than any "relatable" high-school girl could ever be.

La la once had a beloved ball sucked up by the vacuum.  Luckily, Lala and Po managed to retrieve it and blow it up again.  This is the human condition.  Loss and renewal.  

BABIES DON'T WANT TO WATCH YOU FAIL AT RELATIONSHIPS, LORELAI.  BABIES DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR VAMPIRE-MURDERING ESCAPADES, BUFFY.  BABIES DO CARE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT DIPSY WILL FIND THE COW-SPOTTED HAT AGAIN, OR WHETHER BANANA NUMBER TWO CAN FIND BANANA NUMBER ONE, WHO IS HIDING.
    (2015 self)
    That was a joke. I am being silly.

I have never seen any of the four nineties girl shows that I am mentioning in that last post.

Also, the ability to retain the attention of nine-month old babies is not an actual measure of quality; or else a lot of the entertainment I enjoy would be thus very low-quality indeed.
  • It's time to find some TEST STATISTICS!!!!!
  • Pepper Ann is best nineties girl show
  • Current level of financial desperation: agreeing to participate in a university research project because they offered me $5

My university has a program where you can sell yourself out* for up to 4 or 5 hours a week for at least $10 an hour. 

It technically pays better than my actual job, accounting for the bonus money that you can occasionally earn, but the hours are irregular, and all the slots might be taken up by people more desperate than you. Work-study is consistent, and I get to work from home.
  • TEST STATISTICS!!!!! is the best 90s girl show tbqh
    (2015 self)
    Going by baby-interest, The Wire and the old movie version of To Kill A Mockingbird are both boring.

Going by adults, both are very thoughtful and deal with issues of great societal weight and relevance.

I have seen neither.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    You would like the latter
  • *you do not actually sell yourself out. You register to be part of test groups for psychological/behavioral/mind-stuff studies. 

We may be a party school (if a relatively tame one at that) but prostitution is not funded by the University. No, not even the business school.
  • edited 2015-03-24 02:54:10
    (2015 self)
    @Odra: I read the book of the latter, and it made quite an impact on me, in the good way.  The way it is written is just so lovely, and I don't care what anybody says, Atticus Finch is one of my favorite literary heroes.

I reread it last year, and realized that I had forgotten how fun the book was at certain parts (with Scout and her friend who is based on a young Truman Capote); and how dang stark and raw it was at others.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

prompt What is thy bidding, my master?

It's a disaster. Skywalker we're after.
    who is this Skywalker
    kung fu movie
  • Blade Kitten II is officially out if any time travelers from 2011 were curious.
    kittens can't be trusted with blades
  • other east coast people, what time is it right now?

That is a serious, and literal question. I think my computer's internal clock might be fucked up.
    1:05 in the morning, I should be in the sleeps
  • good night Imi
    I said I should be asleep, not that I'm actually gonna do it
  • Seems to be fixed after a restart.

What are computers anyway.
    no one knows
  • i got an 85% on my stats homework

im grateful, shit was hard
  • hello jane

i found a recipt i was looking for so i can return some stuff to goodwill
  • also my stomach is super gurgle-y
    How do I know the next poster isn't secretly Nerd^3? Just sayin'.