The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Heading home from Grandpa's house now

He gave me a Visa gift card
  • Tre said:

so am I missing something or is the whole "the movement joystick and the look joystick are the same" thing just locked unchangeably into place in Borderlands 2

I think I'dve remembered that but maybe not.
    Not sure about the controller layout, but movement and looking around are meant to be distinctly separate things.

If nothing else, they are on the PlayStation version of the first game.
    ok well, strafing and regular movement rather

Like you move to the right or left when pushing the movement joystick to either side

it's not what I'm used to
  • Also the game works fine, the textures are janky as hell but it runs decently
  • AAAAAAAAHHHHH im so nervous and excited i am simply beside myself
  • so am I missing something or is the whole "the movement joystick and the look joystick are the same" thing just locked unchangeably into place in Borderlands 2

I think I'dve remembered that but maybe not.
    Hm. I remember BD2 having some weird controller thing that it took me forever to get used to. But I think that was just with the vehicles.

Probably not the same issue anyway. You know me; I'm a keyboard/mouse man until I get off my butt and get a working controller for Dark Souls
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Mystery of the day: I started a war of aggression against Chukchi that ended in their vassalisation. Their response to this was to send a diplomat to me to improve our relations.
  • So, who'd you pick for your character? Bisexual Bulletman? Two-Gun Tiny? Hot Tattooed Girl #2? Single-Shot Spaceman?
  • So, who'd you pick for your character? Bisexual Bulletman? Two-Gun Tiny? Hot Tattooed Girl #2? Single-Shot Spaceman?

the siren

would've picked Gaige if I had the money for that but I am $3 short
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    If certain people associated with a cause that is dominated by horrible people aren't horrible themselves, it doesn't fucking matter, and here's why:
    1. They are on the wrong side. They didn't have the good sense to not sign up or jump ship or there's some lingering attachment and still none of that matters because they're on the wrong side.
    2. Any good they do is drowned out, lost, forgotten by the evil that their fellows perpetuate. It's hard to remember one good deed amongst so much bad blood and ill will.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    If I had an attachment to an awful cause and I tried to do good, I'd be fucking dumbass because I'm on the wrong goddamn side.

And I might, one day.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • kill living beings
    i still get really mad and disgusted at fictional kid bullies after all this time
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    one of the less good Christmases in recent memory, but I'm home now
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    My sister tells me that Pac-Man is the best character in the new Smash Bros.
  • Probably for the best. Gaige is supposed to be newbie-unfriendly.

I have played this game before. Extensively, even. It's just been a while.

We used to own it for the 360 but my stepdad took it with him when he moved out.
    I'd buy you Gaige, but I can't buy anybody anything.
  • If certain people associated with a cause that is dominated by horrible people aren't horrible themselves, it doesn't fucking matter, and here's why:

1. They are on the wrong side. They didn't have the good sense to not sign up or jump ship or there's some lingering attachment and still none of that matters because they're on the wrong side.
    2. Any good they do is drowned out, lost, forgotten by the evil that their fellows perpetuate. It's hard to remember one good deed amongst so much bad blood and ill will.
    Sides are never as clear-cut like that for everyone in reality, you know.

There are multiple potential reasons to be on the wrong side of a conflict, even if one is hesitant of those around oneself.

Very few people have the luxury to make a choice on their own and after thoroughly researching both sides and independent of social pressures and everything.

To be dismissive of them, and their circumstances, frankly, is to be an obnoxious jerk.
  • replace hard walls with soft doors
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    You are lost in the bad part of town when suddenly you see this coming towards you. What is lörs reaction?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    *sees Wegmans mentioned up-thread*

Wegmans attracts much the same type of crowd as Costco, though it's also not as restrictive as Costco (no membership fees, no requirement to use cash or AMEX, no requirement to buy everything in HUEG LIEK XBOX sizes) so it's also more convenient.
  • kill living beings
    dozens of muscles and CN7, it's too much
  • i started watching the first episode of Enterprise

starring Scott Bakula as Space Bush
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    tell me if you think the theme song is shit
  • Man the theme song was my jam as a kid but it really doesn't seem to be a good opening theme for a Star Trek series
  • kill living beings
    it has a good theme song
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

i started watching the first episode of Enterprise

starring Scott Bakula as Space Bush

I remember SFdebris said that Captain Archer's actions over the series only make sense if you assume he's batshit insane.
  • The medieval version of Cards against Humanity.

Bards against Humanity. 
  • I can't wait for Organs 2.0

I mean Organs right now, prone to corruption into malware, prone to failure, prone to malfunction. their durability isn't much to count for. 
  • kill living beings
    my liver's worked twenty years without maintenance

that's pretty good
  • my liver's worked twenty years without maintenance

that's pretty good

Your liver is officially an adult liver, congratulations now go 60 more years and talk to me about your liver. 
  • kill living beings
    it'll probably go several more decades

pretty good
  • edited 2014-12-26 02:57:28
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

Sides are never as clear-cut like that for everyone in reality, you know.

There are multiple potential reasons to be on the wrong side of a conflict, even if one is hesitant of those around oneself.

Very few people have the luxury to make a choice on their own and after thoroughly researching both sides and independent of social pressures and everything.

To be dismissive of them, and their circumstances, frankly, is to be an obnoxious jerk.

I get that. I said so myself. Sometimes they don't have a choice.

But none of that matters. If they're against me, they're against me.
  • it'll probably go several more decades

pretty good

Not all organs are bad depending on the right manufacturers, but we need universally good organs for all the little child peeps. 
  • Vote Counterclock 2015, Good organs for every child. 
    I'm all for good organs. You have my vote.
  • edited 2014-12-26 03:04:19
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Good child organs: the foundation of this economy.
  • Sides are never as clear-cut like that for everyone in reality, you know.

I get that. I said so myself. Sometimes they don't have a choice.

But none of that matters. If they're against me, they're against me.
    Then that means you fight them with more mercy.

You fight your real enemies -- the ones who are truly malicious -- with less mercy.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    Why do I still visit this website
  • because i love you

(platonically)
  • kill living beings
    i'd rather be a combine harvester
  • edited 2014-12-26 03:08:05
    My dreams exceed my real life
    i'd rather be a combine harvester

Murder simulators
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    I never felt like I was close to anyone here, but that's the thing with forums, oh well
  • When "combine" is pronounced with the emphasis on the first syllable, it sounds uncomfortably similar to "Columbine".
  • Pyridrym said:

I never felt like I was close to anyone here, but that's the thing with forums, oh well

Do you feel close to Miko?

This is a curious question. 
    Fine. But.

They're still on the wrong side.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I feel like you could probably find an issue of contention with almost everyone you know. You may think they're wrong, but it seems extreme to alienate anyone who you find to be on the wrong side of an issue.
    If it didn't matter that much to me, then yes, I could take it.

There are just certain things where compromise, discussion, and understanding is just either impossible or irrelevant.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Yeah, I have a few issues I won't compromise on as well. I was mostly speaking in generalities there. It's not so unreasonable to do that with the issues that are closest to you and are extremely important.

Even for those, I do think that understanding is usually not out of the question and is beneficial to pursue. In an ideal world, I'd understand incorrect views thoroughly, explain why they're incorrect, and convince the person to change their view such that it would no longer be a problem. Obviously that doesn't usually happen, but.