The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    The second season is good for eight episodes, then it becomes kind of bad until the finale which is super good.

Then the prequel movie is good.
  • i dont know who this lady is
    Panurge said:

Miko said:

I won't trust someone who says internet bullies gave them PTSD and I've been through much worse than internet bullies.

Different people react to different things differently. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, Miko.

• kill living beings
    today... today, the search for my jacket begins

one hundred twenty hours remain
  • kill living beings
    Panurge said:

Icepick Lodge games

"The proper way to implement it would be to start with receiving GOTY awards for Pathologic, but I don’t see any event invitations." love these folkses
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    naney said:

i dont know who this lady is

Me neither, really.
    Panurge said:

Panurge said:

Miko said:

I won't trust someone who says internet bullies gave them PTSD and I've been through much worse than internet bullies.

Different people react to different things differently. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, Miko.

aaaa stoppit >//////< *flails*
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'm sorry, i got my facts wrong.

She had earlier been diagnosed with acute stress disorder and the diagnosis was changed to PTSD after online harrassment.

She *did* claim that the Internet "caused" her PTSD, but she had been physically abused in the past prior to any of this.
    Although Fox News and the Daily Mail quoted none of the relevant tweets, ironically.
  • kill living beings
    "secular celebrant" just reminds me of an scp
  • there is an african american dude dancing an impressive manner across the street
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Pyridrym said:

@Miko You should play Kamui and other Siter Skain games! :o

I did, a bunch!! oh, but I guess Kamui and Alltynex 2nd finally have online scoreboards, which means once I put my Steam key in, I'm going to blow everyone out of the water in Kamui (cries of "u cheated!!!" will happen, because westerners).
    (the only reason I'm "good" at Kamui is that no one plays it :v )
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Tachyon said:

i'm sorry, i got my facts wrong.

She had earlier been diagnosed with acute stress disorder and the diagnosis was changed to PTSD after online harrassment.

She *did* claim that the Internet "caused" her PTSD, but she had been physically abused in the past prior to any of this.

I don't feel as guilty now.

I think that she seriously confused cause and correlation there.

She still didn't deserve to be spit-roasted by conservatives, though.
    i don't think you need to feel guilty about it.  The whole thing does look to have been a bit overblown.

You know what i think?  i think when somebody gets identified with an entire movement, stuff they say gets held to an unreasonable amount of scrutiny.  When that somebody wasn't all that emotionally stable to begin with, that's a serious problem.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    being a target of online harassment is probably more dangerous than being in a warzone if you're an american or british soldier anyways, since the latter are actually pretty damn good at the part of the job that involves protecting their own
    also you're citing a local fox thing that cites the daily fucking mail
    oh wait lol, my installation of Steam for Windows doesn't go online anymore and I need to fix that. If I go to the Kamui scoreboard and someone really good decided to pick up the Steam version and post a good score, I will be pleasantly surprised.
  • edited 2014-12-15 19:03:18
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    @ Calica: That's surprising if true.  Do you know the figures on that?  i'm not saying i don't believe you, mind.

i'm aware that Western casualties have been vastly lower than those on the other side during the War on Terror.
    How is Mad Men still going
  • and I'd like to think
    I can cheat it all
    to make up for the times I've been cheated on

(no. of times I've been cheated on: 0) 
    Panurge said:

Because it's the best High-Quality Cable Drama
    Tachyon said:

@ Calica: That's surprising if true.  Do you know the figures on that?  i'm not saying i don't believe you, mind.

i'm aware that Western casualties have been vastly lower than those on the other side during the War on Terror.

I don't know the figures.  I was sort of exaggerating, really.
    "It’s a mark of how much I enjoyed ridiculously named reboot DmC: Devil May Cry that I’m absolutely gutted because there’s no sign of a sequel. It was the daftest game I played in 2013 and one of the deftest as well. Having alienated many fans of the series before release, by featuring a different brand of posturing pretty man than they were used to" 

This is a bit disingenuous RPS
    Tachyon said:

Panurge said:

Because it's the best High-Quality Cable Drama

how interesting can a show about ad people be
  • kill living beings
    Tachyon said:

i think it's an exaggeration. bit less than a thousand us soldiers died in iraq every year, with the proportions... not too comparable

something like 300 suicides, too
    we're all mad here

Tachyon said:

i think it's an exaggeration. bit less than a thousand us soldiers died in iraq every year, with the proportions... not too comparable

Oh, OK.

The thought occurs that i'm probably too quick to distrust anti-SJ sources, and too quick to trust sources that criticize them.
  • well, it is ending soon, so there's that
    but yeah, the idea that only soldiers' PTSD is valid is toxic and shit.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were more rape victims that would warrant the diagnosis than soldiers, just from the fact that there are more incidences of the former, though.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-kinds-lyrics-that-almost-always-ruin-song/ Is there anyone out there who goes "YES, another one of Adam Tod Brown's righteous opinion pieces about music! Bring the hurt, Adam!"
    Wait no, that was Gladstone.

Point remains
  • edited 2014-12-15 19:12:00
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    and actually, people can be pretty alarmist about online suicides, which likely inflates the perceived risk

but then you get other people who quickly brush off even the most serious online harrassment and threats as being just harmless internet nonsense
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

Oh, OK.

The thought occurs that i'm probably too quick to distrust anti-SJ sources, and too quick to trust sources that criticize them.
    My problem is the opposite, TBH.

I've been trying to work on that, though.
    Cracked should stop publishing music articles, or get someone who doesn't suck
    Calica said:

but yeah, the idea that only soldiers' PTSD is valid is toxic and shit.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were more rape victims that would warrant the diagnosis than soldiers, just from the fact that there are more incidences of the former, though.

Yeah, that was what got me about the conservative response to Hensley - i don't know her situation, but a lot of people pounced on her for 'trivializing' the experiences of soldiers when she claimed that rape caused more PTSD.

Dismissing internet harrassment is unempathic, but dismissing rape is utterly thoughtless and harmful.
  • Tachyon said:

spoiler because i think we have arachnophobes here?

Spoiler:

AAAARGH WHY DID I CLICK THAT

FUCK NOW IM GONNA BE SO FREAKED OUT NEXT TIME I KILL A SPIDER

LIKE MORE THAN USUAL
    why would you kill a spider?  poor spiders

if you're actually freaked out, sorry about that, though
  • edited 2014-12-15 19:20:23

i still have no clue who this hensley person is
    twitter person who appeared in a picture Pyridrym posted way back
  • kill living beings
    that image is based on eugenic ideas

so, no

#DownWithSpiderHitler2014
  • edited 2014-12-15 19:23:45
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Panurge said:

Things I can geek out about to heapers and know someone knows what I'm talking about

Dark Souls
    Hunter X Hunter
    Fate/Zero
    Things I can geek out about and be sure no one will know, probably
    Twin Peaks
    Icepick Lodge games
    Jojo(except Naney)
    philosophy
    C'mon dude, you seriously think nobody knows about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

(At least, I assume you're talking about JoJo's and not something like American Pop Musician JoJo)
  • i just ate a whopper

never

again
  • seriously that was so fucking disgusting

i would have tossed it if i wasnt so against wasting food
  • naney said:

seriously that was so fucking disgusting

i would have tossed it if i wasnt so against wasting food

its ok tho cause its not real food
  • Food that I cook for myself = don't eat, tastes horrid

Food that is cooked for me = eat most/all, tastes delicious

Help
    You'll get better with practice, Tools.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
  • i wantto watch twin peaks and my eng lit degree has given me a ~kinda~ grasp on some philosophy
    i think i'd have done better in Eng Lit if i'd had prior experience with philosophy, honestly.
  • I've cooked for myself before and it's turned out okay.

I think my appetite is non existing right now