The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• So what have you achieved? 
  • apparently Hate Plus has a Steam achievement that is just not obtainable.

I didn't know you could do that.

Stanley Parable has one of those as part of its usual trolling paradigm. 

It also has a achievement that only triggers if you don't play it for 5 years.
    Thing with Hate Plus' though is that apparently you can't get it even like via cheating. It's just not in the game. Hypothetically you could get that Stanley Parable achievement, it's just not a sensible thing to do.

And I thought that Steam had a similar arrangement to XBLA where developers were required to insert a given number of (obtainable) achievements. So it's surprising.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Oh, the Stanley Parable, that reminds me

i looked into Jazzpunk and it was just... really not funny to me, like at all

it just seemed kind of puerile?

SP was at least witty
  • edited 2014-12-11 15:31:56
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

apparently Hate Plus has a Steam achievement that is just not obtainable.

I didn't know you could do that.
    Stanley Parable has one of those as part of its usual trolling paradigm. 

It also has a achievement that only triggers if you don't play it for 5 years.
    Thing with Hate Plus' though is that apparently you can't get it even like via cheating. It's just not in the game. Hypothetically you could get that Stanley Parable achievement, it's just not a sensible thing to do.

And I thought that Steam had a similar arrangement to XBLA where developers were required to insert a given number of (obtainable) achievements. So it's surprising.
    Some would say not playing The Stanley Parable was an eminently sensible thing to do

but no, Yarrun's right, there's another achievement in the game that is completely unachievable.
  • Tachyon said:

Oh, the Stanley Parable, that reminds me

i looked into Jazzpunk and it was just... really not funny to me, like at all

it just seemed kind of puerile?

SP was at least witty

On the other hand I watched an LP of Jazzpunk and thought it was hilarious, and I don't think anyone else needs me shooting off about Stanley Parable.

Different strokes I guess.
  • Some would say not playing The Stanley Parable was an eminently sensible thing to do

but no, Yarrun's right, there's another achievement in the game that is completely unachievable.

If I make a Steam game, I will make all the achievements unobtainable and be hailed as a master of my craft.
    tbh i didn't think the unwinnable achievement was particularly clever, although parts of SP appealed

the 'don't play this game for five years' thing was funnier to me, since it is technically an achievement

but my favourite was the one where you have to click all the things around the office and the narrator gets really into it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm at school now, awaiting my Intro to Fiction final in an hour and a half

Also, one of the nice things about taking a bus to class: it's someone else's job to put up with the idiotic Ohio drivers
    humour is hard

when i see something that's not funny to me, that's obviously intended to be funny, the effect is kind of painful

a part of me usually feels like my intelligence is being insulted

like, 'how dare you think i'd find this funny?'

but sometimes things i think this about become funny to me later, and sometimes things that were funny to me once become painfully unfunny later
  • Heh, chalk another similarity up between North Carolina and Ohio: shitty drivers!
  • See I'm the kind of person who thinks chainsmoking pies are absolutely hilarious.

That's not to say there weren't parts of Jazzpunk that didn't fall flat, because there were, but I liked most of it.
    Also i think it's an accepted wisdom that humour varies with time and place, doesn't it?

So old or foreign comedy can still be recognizable as humour but be just not funny.

But even stuff like Shakespeare's humour can be hilarious once you're on the right wavelength.
    Jazzpunk to me just seemed like a lot of stupid things happening at once.

The Stanley Parable felt a bit like being trolled, but it was a good troll.
  • "Exit Left: Pursued by a bear" needs no context to be uproarious.
  • Tachyon said:

Jazzpunk to me just seemed like a lot of stupid things happening at once.

Well yes, that is what it is.
    True, that direction is just funny.

But on stage, if done right, it shouldn't be.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

Heh, chalk another similarity up between North Carolina and Ohio: shitty drivers!

Some oblivious person in a sedan decided not only to get in the lane explicitly marked "BUS/TAXI LANE" and slow down the line of approaching buses, but then proceeded to make an illegal right turn at the end of the block despite at least two huge "NO TURNS MON-FRI" signs. -_-
    Interesting to note that the Globe was not far from the local bear-baiting ring (sadly a thing that existed in London in Shakespeare's time).

So the pursuing bear may, in fact, have been an actual bear.
    Shitty drivers are a global phenomenon.
  • Tachyon said:

Interesting to note that the Globe was not far from the local bear-baiting ring (sadly a thing that existed in London in Shakespeare's time).

So the pursuing bear may, in fact, have been an actual bear.

Good.

Good lord.

who did this to you, Wikipe-tan
    en:User:Pytom
    not a lot left to interpretation, eh?

i don't know why i'm still going on about this

Wikipedia is not your waifu

not a lot left to interpretation, eh?

i don't know why i'm still going on about this

Maybe they thought 'no turns' meant nobody else gets a turn to use the road
  • things you should not waifu

• wikiped
    • jesus
    • The Gravemind
  • edited 2014-12-11 15:54:26
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tachyon said:

Wikipedia is not your waifu

but Wikipedia tells me to be bold!
    Things I should be doing:
    1. Studying

Things I'm not actually doing:

1. Studying
    2. Having sex with somebody I find attractive
    3. Eating delicious tacos
    We have a policy conflict!
  • edited 2014-12-11 15:55:06
    My dreams exceed my real life

things you should not waifu

• wikiped
    • jesus
    • The Gravemind

Moe
    chaos reigns
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    doesn't everyone already know that nyaruko 1) exists and 2) is just ordinary moeshit
    but should you waifu Moe Szyslak?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    only if you own the domain szyslak.moe
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=438821048#438821048

I take back everything bad I ever thought about Lottery of Babylon
  • Calica said:

doesn't everyone already know that nyaruko 1) exists and 2) is just ordinary moeshit

at least the premise is amusing

that is more than you can say for your average 10th-rate K-On! ripoff.

MORPHEUS: For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it. But then I saw the fields with my own eyes, watched them liquefy the dead so they could be fed intravenously to the living -

NEO (politely): Excuse me, please.

MORPHEUS: Yes, Neo?

NEO: I've kept quiet for as long as I could, but I feel a certain need to speak up at this point. The human body is the most inefficient source of energy you could possibly imagine. The efficiency of a power plant at converting thermal energy into electricity decreases as you run the turbines at lower temperatures. If you had any sort of food humans could eat, it would be more efficient to burn it in a furnace than feed it to humans. And now you're telling me that their food is the bodies of the dead, fed to the living? Haven't you ever heard of the laws of thermodynamics?

MORPHEUS: Where did you hear about the laws of thermodynamics, Neo?

NEO: Anyone who's made it past one science class in high school ought to know about the laws of thermodynamics!

MORPHEUS: Where did you go to high school, Neo?

(Pause.)

NEO: ...in the Matrix.

MORPHEUS: The machines tell elegant lies.

(Pause.)

NEO (in a small voice): Could I please have a real physics textbook?

MORPHEUS: There is no such thing, Neo. The universe doesn't run on math.
    RIGHT LANE
    MAGICAL GIRLS ONLY

7 AM - 6 PM
    MON - FRI
  • They're turning the street into a train station

They're turning the street into a train station

@Crystal would approve
    I have a candy cane
    what flavour?
    Peppermint. The classic. ^_^

They're turning the street into a train station

incidentally my magical girl character is deeply afraid of trains

Our culture should have a charming mischievous girl character. I feel it would be only fair.
    Next stop: Chamberlain Avenue & Pollyanna Whittier Boulevard

This is a Royal Barn-bound Chamberlain Express, servicing Princess Meredith Medical Center