The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    What.
    Mostly Negative
  • Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    I sleep for ONE NIGHT and when I come back everything looks different

._.

Candy cane?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Sure.

I hope we can get the larger avvies and signatures back soon. I liked the old layout...
  • now my beau is a wee tiny wolfie

(*scoops up, totes about*)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I miss Open Sans, too.
  • edited 2014-11-29 22:37:38
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Open Sans is one thing i definitely don't miss.
    No, don't ban Panurge! D:
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Were you here on April Fool's Day when we actually had the entire site in Comic Sans for a day?
  • In Amazon's internal email system, there's a mailing list entitled all-comic-sans-all-the-time, where that's basically the only rule.  It's a very random place.  There's also an email list entitled trolling-interest.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

Were you here on April Fool's Day when we actually had the entire site in Comic Sans for a day?

No ;-;
    Was the logo in Comic Sans too?
    Pyridrym said:

No ;-;
    Was the logo in Comic Sans too?
    Yes! It was quite funny.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Panurge said:

That settles it.

At 7:30 EST PM, we will be watching Disney's Fantasia.

Reminder from my thread
    Thought: at least we're not goddamn Tumblr, where we'd have to hear a million bullshit posts about how the new layout is worse for people with disabilities or something

Because god forbid Tumblr Teens just admit they don't like something without having to tie it to some social justice cause, no matter how tenuous

Thought: at least we're not goddamn Tumblr, where we'd have to hear a million bullshit posts about how the new layout is worse for people with disabilities or something

Because god forbid Tumblr Teens just admit they don't like something without having to tie it to some social justice cause, no matter how tenuous
    P.much

On the flipside, I've heard people say "Social justice attempts to overhaul our culture will confuse autistic people with a new set of social cues to learn, therefore anti-racism is a code word for anti-neurotypical"
  • kill living beings
    i have heard that as well from what i imagine are completely different spheres
    Panurge said:

P.much

On the flipside, I've heard people say "Social justice attempts to overhaul our culture will confuse autistic people with a new set of social cues to learn, therefore anti-racism is a code word for anti-neurotypical"

What.
    It's weird to me going to parts of the Internet which aren't associated with tumblr and seeing just how different the majority opinions are.

Like i went on imgur when i was updating the Zestpoole thread and one of the highest rated images was one which implied that supporting Darren Wilson was a reasonable opinion and that the anti-racists were knee-jerking (said image also referred to Wilson's 'trial', so obviously an informed individual there).

Panurge said:

P.much

What.
    i feel like this is more likely what someone neurotypical who finds adjusting to social justice ideas difficult might say, since presumably an actual autistic person is likely to find the existing social cues at least as confusing.

Panurge said:

P.much

What.
    Transhumanoids.
    Tachyon said:

It's weird to me going to parts of the Internet which aren't associated with tumblr and seeing just how different the majority opinions are.

Like i went on imgur when i was updating the Zestpoole thread and one of the highest rated images was one which implied that supporting Darren Wilson was a reasonable opinion and that the anti-racists were knee-jerking (said image also referred to Wilson's 'trial', so obviously an informed individual there).

This particular issue seems to be pretty hit or miss. Obviously Tumblr is overwhelmingly against Wilson, but everywhere else I go there seems to be weirdly even mix of opinions.
  • kill living beings
    yep, utterly utterly different circles

anyway i'm amused to know that this forum has as much ram as the netbook i'm typing this message on

netbook

I'm so sorry.
  • kill living beings
    I chose this path.
  • edited 2014-11-30 00:03:21
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    IJBM: YouTube de-emphasizing the easy-to-remember channel URLs in favor of completely opaque hashes

Which is easier to remember?

Just sayin'.
  • kill living beings
    uh
    Would it be in bad taste to make a Michigan crack?
  • kill living beings
    that's why they lost the sportsball game with whatever your school is! woo, your school!!
    but yeah that's pretty fucked up
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

I'm sure there are folks who have problems with the layout, and as such also have problems with pretty much everything.

Epileptics, or something.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

There are actually visual processing disorders that can affect how people handle certain web designs. (See: Nested comments for people who have difficulties with visual discrimination.)
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Things I assume are based on something, because who gets angry over nothing? Nobody. It's always something.
    TBH i find any change to a layout or interface frustrating and disorienting at first.  It's similar to how i would feel if the layout of a classroom changed, or if someone was sitting in my place.

Not a disability thing, afaik, at least not in my case.
  • omg ugais wtf happened to the site
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    bRaHiAn said:

omg ugais wtf happened to the site

upgrade to Vanilla 2.1.6
  • edited 2014-11-30 01:21:24
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

There are actually visual processing disorders that can affect how people handle certain web designs. (See: Nested comments for people who have difficulties with visual discrimination.)
    I'm not saying there aren't legitimate reasons to complain, but...c'mon, I don't believe for a second that everyone who reblogs the "tumblr staff are ableist" posts or whatever is doing it out of genuine concern and not just because they're irritated.
    Maybe they are. Maybe they all know someone who has that problem.
  • kill living beings
    the only restaurant is closed so I will be digesting my brain for emergency nutrients shortly. nice knowing y'all
    The accusations of ableism seem uncharitable at best.
    i mean, they're only human, they can't possibly think of everything, and there are so many different things that can pose problems for different individuals.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    It's like expecting every computer program to be Turing complete at the official release.
    I'm going to switch the theme back to Vanilla Blue. I've been looking for an excuse to do so for a while and this seems like a good one...I don't like what the new layout's done to Poppy.
    well shit, Vanilla Blue seems to be fidgety in a way refreshing won't fix
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    Who should I inquiry about strategy games?
    There's also a weird sort of assumption that it's the responsibility of Tumblr's developers to bend over backwards to accommodate every single possible issue, rather than the responsibility of the affected individuals to use assistive tools as necessary.

It confuses me largely because, again, this isn't something one would generally expect from any other site. Do people who post those kind of complaints use only Tumblr?
  • edited 2014-11-30 01:51:28

Pyridrym said:

Who should I inquiry about strategy games?

I have a limited knowledge about Strategy games. I love them though, so I might be able to help a little.
    OK, this setup is way more hideously unworkable than the new setup.