The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    IT'S A TRAP
    I have skittles
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What flavor?
    all of them
    I mean, the original type

are there others?

I am not skittles expert
  • Lilly said:

example:

homura akemi is not my "waifu"; i do not find her attractive in that way
    instead, i identify with her myself
    as in, i think she is somewhat similar to me

I think that means that madoka's your waifu, hth
    actually i think i basically ignored/neglected that plotline, if it can even be called a plotline

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

does flandre have a death grip of any sort, in any piece of fanart?

i want to make a snowclone

I don't think that this would be that funny, given that I doubt that most people here would even be tangentially aware of what the joke is. Snowclones are only really funny when you don't have to explain the joke, or when even not knowing what the subject of the joke is one can derive humour from it. Reference humour that relies solely on a reference without further layers is just trite.
    too late
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    AU, CA, and Imi go thrift shopping
  • @mo the beau's computer just borked just fyi
    I'm bored

And depressed

Never a good combination

HELP ME NANEY
  • (*cat antics*)
  • I just sent some beats to Cody Russell, a rapper currently best known for making a mixtape in 7 days and having it turn out fucking awesome.

so hopefully he'll use some of mine
  • does flandre have a death grip of any sort, in any piece of fanart?

i want to make a snowclone

I don't think that this would be that funny, given that I doubt that most people here would even be tangentially aware of what the joke is. Snowclones are only really funny when you don't have to explain the joke, or when even not knowing what the subject of the joke is one can derive humour from it. Reference humour that relies solely on a reference without further layers is just trite.
    well i was just indulging the amusement of imitation-mocking something for the heck of it

it wasn't meant to be particularly meaningful, and as always when it comes to humor, YMMV
  • Lilly said:

example:

homura akemi is not my "waifu"; i do not find her attractive in that way
    instead, i identify with her myself
    as in, i think she is somewhat similar to me

I think that means that madoka's your waifu, hth
    actually i think i basically ignored/neglected that plotline, if it can even be called a plotline

for basically most of the show madoka basically didn't do anything

while that was part of the whole point, it also meant that she was overshadowed by basically everyone else
    yay thrift shopping
  • I mean, the original type

are there others?

I am not skittles expert

Original, Sour, Berry (my personal favorite), Tropical (my personal least-favorite), dessert.

oh my
    I don't want a lot for International Cactus Day
    There is just one thing I need

And I don't care about GMH
    Being interviewed on Channel Three

I just want a cactus, yes
    More than you could ever guess

Make the cactus exist
    'Cause if you support GamerGate, you're sexist~
    a rusty cactus?
  • I don't want a lot for International Cactus Day

Make the cactus exist
    SOTY

• edited 2014-11-02 16:04:43

I don't want a lot for International Cactus Day

Make the cactus exist
     i think @Bee knows of one

it's located near the port of Felghana though
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Embedded image permalink
    Embedded image permalink

#NotYourShield
  • original Castlevania 1 bosses: giant bat, medusa (or medusa head), mummy (or two mummies), the creature (frankenstein's monster) (and igor), death, dracula

giant bat => bat company, then darkwing bat, then darkwing zapf, then bat company again => fang of vlad (bats, fangs)
    medusa => medusa => eye of vlad (medusa's magical eye which can induce petrification by gazing)
    mummy => akmodan III and akmodan IV => heart of vlad (they used to preserve the hearts separately, as should be done here)
    frankenstein's monster => igor and TWO the creatures => nail of vlad ("nail")
    death => death => rib of vlad (because magical skeletal being)

olrox => count olrox => ring of vlad (which he wears)
    tumblr_nedlydPOHn1rl0ynao1_500.png
  • Odradek said:

tumblr_nedlydPOHn1rl0ynao1_500.png

a fun fact is that i watched all of that video

it was edifying
    Sucks to your ASMR
    Odradek said:

Embedded image permalink

#NotYourShield
    Fun fact: that's actually Vivian James's great-grandmother.
  • i still don't know actually what asmr is but i think maybe it is like all those videos on youtube with women sitting on giant balloons or sth
    giant balloons
  • reading the wikipedia page on ASMR several times seems to suggest that it's that pleasurable tingling sensation some people sometimes get when letting out stress or experiencing something calming and pleasurable
    Pseudoscience basically
    tingly
    Of all the criticism of TV Tropes, the one that still baffles me the most is people making fun of the Nightmare Fuel entries

Like, the whole point is that it's things that aren't meant to be scary but end up scary to children

So saying "hahaha tropers are scaredy-cats" only makes sense if you're the kind of person who wants to pretend you didn't have that one cartoon or commercial or production logo that made you run and hide behind the couch as a kid
  • edited 2014-11-02 16:57:21
    Pizza Dog

Of all the criticism of TV Tropes, the one that still baffles me the most is people making fun of the Nightmare Fuel entries

Like, the whole point is that it's things that aren't meant to be scary but end up scary to children

So saying "hahaha tropers are scaredy-cats" only makes sense if you're the kind of person who wants to pretend you didn't have that one cartoon or commercial or production logo that made you run and hide behind the couch as a kid
    I kid you not, I read the comments on youtube videos... admittedly a terrible thing to do... on people playing 'scary video games' and it's full... just full of tough gal "That wouldn't scare me" types.

Maybe that's a thing with people who are confronted with things that scare other people, like they have to boost their ego about it or something. 
  • people like to boost their ego in front of others since it makes themselves look better

this has been the case through all of human history
    Nightmare Fuel often crossed the line from "this would be scary for a kid" to "this would be scary if you were literally in this situation"
    That said subjective yadda yadda yadda
    It's like if you took the story "One day, St George fought a dragon to save a princess. He won" the nightmare fuel page would always be something like "Imagine if you had to FIGHT a fire-breathing dragon! And they say this story is for KIDS"
  • Odradek said:

It's like if you took the story "One day, St George fought a dragon to save a princess. He won" the nightmare fuel page would always be something like "Imagine if you had to FIGHT a fire-breathing dragon! And they say this story is for KIDS"

Imagine dragons. 

Odradek said:

Imagine dragons. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JESUS CHRIST COUNTERCLOCK

YOU KNOW MY FEELINGS ABOUT THE TERROR OF ALT INDIE ROCK
    I am going to have NIGHTMARES
    Aren't there two different Nightmare Fuel sections, though? The original (which is scary for kids) and the High Octane version (scary for anybody).

unless that got changed
    They mixed them up a lot.
    I suppose so.
    oh