The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• oh hello there hotbod hamsomeface
  • i'd like to make my own fictional town

how do i start?
  • can someone explain to me why people hate kotaku?

i'm not particularly familiar with kotaku
  • edited 2014-11-01 20:49:57
    kill living beings
    1. their name is dumb
    2. probably other things
  • they don't screen their articles particularly well so a lot of dumb stuff ends up on there

that's about all
  • in protagonist #1's village, there is a relatively high degree of gender equality; both genders are trained to be hunters, for example

however, in protagonist #2's city, the empire's predominant religion clearly emphasizes the different roles of men and women
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "kotaku" has "otaku" in the name; no other evidence is necessary
    I don't wanna be a hunter :(
  • Using my good headphones instead of the cheap earphones I've been using during the laptop-less days.

This music sounds so much better.
    jazz
  • edited 2014-11-01 21:50:42
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

lee4hmz said:

Yeah, if they had shell or (more likely) RDP accounts, that'd explain why FE, Janitor and Gus all had the same IP.

Out of curiosity, what are a shell and RDP account?
    A shell account is when you telnet or SSH into a Unix machine and use a command-line session, something that's a little tricky to do on Windows (because it didn't really didn't have a decent shell until PowerShell came out). RDP is Remote Desktop Protocol, what you use to get into a Windows Terminal Server or Windows Remote Desktop account.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    also, lol Martin Page
  • Alright, posing a question to you unenlightened lot, since the only other person here who understand the intricacies of Fallen London is currently absent. 

The Topsy King, the Empress, the Masters, or the Widow. Choose one.
    the Electric Wizard
    unfortunate
  • edited 2014-11-01 22:43:33
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    The not-the-Empress.

Because honey = poppy.

The not-themasters because rubbery men are routinely murdered and they, despite running the bazaar, the very heart of the neath, do nothing to stop it.

Widow gives you rewards for smuggling in stuff. Smuggling is the second worst crime in my opinion. THat leaves the Topsy King

• edited 2014-11-01 23:21:24
    (2015 self)
    The empress is heavily implied to be Queen Victoria.  She was responsible for the Opium wars and getting millions of chinese addicted to opium so the british could sell it to them illegally and then that's how China got poor and England got rich. OF all drug dealers of all time, Queen Victoria was arguably the most large-scale. Imagine your drug cartel, adn then imagine the person running it is also heavily involved in the running of an empire comprising 1/4 of the world's land mass. All of Australia, all of India. ten million square miles, and england's the world's only superpower. The world's policeman run by the world's greatest drug dealer while being the world's only superpower and having China itself at its mercy.

To be fair, we don't know the numbers; and historians disagree. Some estimates are a thousand times less than other estimates. The same problem is with drugs today, the estimates vary widly. It might be that people like Pablo Escobar were even latger-scale drug dealers than Victoria; but the point is large-scale drug dealing combined with imperialism and war.

You know the evil emperor from Star Wars? Queen Victoria is that guy, but in real life.

The text frequently mentions raggedy men being dragged out into alleys and murdered. Should you murder a rageddy man, your suspicion will not go up. THe text for "key to a smoky flophouse dormitory" specifically mentions these murders as a daily occurence. Masters run the Bazaar, the heart of fallen london. They're the closest thing to the guys actually running the show, and they ain't helping the rubberies.

Smuggling is a pet peeve of mine. The gravious widow gives you money for smuggling in Spite.

So, that leaves the Topsy King as my choice for whatever.

• it is taking far more effort than i thought when i was little, to try to accomplish social change goals
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

they don't screen their articles particularly well so a lot of dumb stuff ends up on there

that's about all
    also one of the journalists from the rant from zoe quinn's ex works there so the sea lion army hates them
  • As it happens, I'm choosing which one to commit an ill towards. 

So who do you hate more? The Empress, the Masters or the Widow?
  • edited 2014-11-01 23:25:34
    (2015 self)
    Empress or masters. THe Emperor of China did attempt to outlaw Opium, and the East India Company smuggled it in on an unbelievable scale. Also, more than one war with China. So, smuggling far more than the widow. Also, turning i-don't-know-how-much of india into opium plantations, because we needed more reasons to despise the East India Company.

It's a toss-up between The Empress and The Masters. It depends on whether the Empres still runs the British Empire or if there is no communication between surface and neath and she's just an old woman in a gilded cage of a city.

Go for the empress.
    You choose.
    sleepytime
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    good night Imipolex G
  • how to drop a subject: use lots of jargon, talk quietly, and don't look at the listener
    how to bring up a subject: use easily-understood language, speak clearly, and get your listener's attention
  • does flandre have a death grip of any sort, in any piece of fanart?

i want to make a snowclone
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    1 AM

We only have two chances at this hour, so we better get it right the second time
  • pile on a whole bunch of
  • posts just to fuck with the timestamps?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Appropriate Video:

• if that's all you're bringing, then that's poring

Is this better
  • edited 2014-11-02 01:17:27
    you're just jelly
    PED XING
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    wait, what time zone does everything fuck up on
    Lilly said:

Eastern, since that's the server's local time.
    Why Vanilla doesn't use UTC or Unix time, I don't know
  • edited 2014-11-02 01:33:30
    (2015 self)

Lilly said:

Eastern, since that's the server's local time.
    Why would you use Eastern time?

Nothing good comes of the Eastern United States.  There is nothing beautiful on the most eastern third (the third where the water drains into the atlantic).

Other than california, there is little not-beautiful (other than towns, cities, and roads) on the most western part of the united states (the part that drains into the pacific), and the third part that drains into the gulf of mexico is a mix of beautiful and not-beautiful.

Except coasts and uniformly bad, except in states which have alligators, which reverse the coastal-badness to wetland-goodness.

The true cause of coastal badness is whales, which is why the Great Salt Lake doesn't count as a coast while the Great Lakes do.  Wales could not survive in the Great Salt Lake.
    Aliroz said:

>Nothing good comes of the Eastern United States.  There is nothing beautiful on the most eastern third (the third where the water drains into the atlantic).

As someone who's been to East Tennessee, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.
  • Aliroz said:

>Nothing good comes of the Eastern United States.  There is nothing beautiful on the most eastern third (the third where the water drains into the atlantic).

As someone who's been to East Tennessee, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.
    As someone who's been to East Tennessee, I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. Is precisely the post CA expected me to make.
  • As someone who's been to East Tennessee, I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. Is precisely the post CA expected me to make.

You can tell by the way I already had a response planned out!
  • kill living beings

does flandre have a death grip of any sort, in any piece of fanart?

i want to make a snowclone

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1609506?tags=flandre_scarlet+crushing