The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ULTRA-RAD HACKER REFUGEE FROM THE FUTURE
    why would you bring that up out of the blue
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I felt that this avatar/signature combination was appropriate, somehow.
  • why would you bring that up out of the blue

i wiki walked from Loving v. Virginia to Potter Stewart to I know it when I see it
  • HAHAHA I AM RUNNING NON-GAME PROGRAMS IN DOSBOX

TAKE THAT DOSBOX DEVELOPERS

this is win
  • edited 2014-11-01 01:58:49
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Name reversions incoming! Less than two minutes left in Halloween where I am!
  • holy shit

homestar's been talking with marbles in his mouth THIS ENTIRE TIME??????????
  • there have been 1,246 posts in this thread since I last used this account
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    naney said:

El Kabong said:

what is the source on it

http://kurikurimix.tumblr.com
    ah, the palettes
  • wait

all this time Homestar was saying "murder" and not "mortal"?

WTF
  • The term "bitch" ought to be considered more offensive than "fuck" or "shit", because -- or at least in the cases where -- it is used with sexist/misogynistic implications.
  • edited 2014-11-01 06:37:21
    ಠ_ಠ
    A bitch is a female dog. Which if you're talking to an actual female dog, it's not too bad...
  • Um... Is it just me or am I the only one still with my Halloween name...
    Whoops! Reverted.
    I wish Pinna Park were a real place
  • Thank you ^_^
  • we have entered an endless recursion of time
    It is feeling quite 2012 in here, truthfully
  • mayan apocalypse
  • ^ I read that as "nyan apocalypse"
  • The term "bitch" ought to be considered more offensive than "fuck" or "shit", because -- or at least in the cases where -- it is used with sexist/misogynistic implications.

Eh, by that logic, "dick" should be considered as offensive as "cunt" - they both reduce the attacked to their genitalia.
  • yeah but female-specific derogatories are worse because of the long history of oppression of women in the western world in general.

also there's no logic to what's considered offensive anyway
  • \Yeah, if insults weren't hurtful then they wouldn't be insults
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Me: *clicks 720p60*

YouTube: Your connection is slow! Here, try 360p.

Me: No, I want 720p60.

YouTube: Ok.

YouTube: Wait, it's slow again! 360p is what you need.

Me: ARRGH
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Well I guess I have a new avatar
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I admit, now that Halloween is over, I'm ready to rush head-first into CHRISTMASTIME because that's when I will get to see AU again
  • Anonus said:

It is feeling quite 2012 in here, truthfully

it feels like 2003 in here
  • (*catcicle noises*)
  • edited 2014-11-01 12:52:23
    Acererak said:

The term "bitch" ought to be considered more offensive than "fuck" or "shit", because -- or at least in the cases where -- it is used with sexist/misogynistic implications.

Eh, by that logic, "dick" should be considered as offensive as "cunt" - they both reduce the attacked to their genitalia.
    which is why i use "jerk" and "prick" instead

1. i can get them past censors
    2. neither of them are gendered terms
  • edited 2014-11-01 12:55:10
    also it's kinda amusing, regarding people who have done really abhorrent heinous things as "horrible jerks"

they really don't deserve any more recognition than that
  • edited 2014-11-01 12:55:17
    and let's be honest here, the human mind doesn't really distinguish too well between different levels of horribleness
    Ok maybe I'm 12 years old and all but are you saying "prick" couldn't be construed as a reference to genitalia?
  • WHY IS IT SO FUCKIN COLD

IT'S 36 DEGREES OUTSIDE AND MY ROOM FEELS LIKE IT'S IN THE MID-20s
  • just calllllllllllllll everyone a fucking cunt
  • isn't "prick" just like, a sharp object?

which i guess you could count as phallic but that's really just reaching
  • naney said:

just calllllllllllllll everyone a fucking cunt

why would i do that

it's distractingly offensive, it makes me look sexist, i can't even use it half the time, and i don't always want to insult someone very strongly
    c:\windows\system37\candy37.exe
  • LWLW
    edited 2014-11-01 13:56:33

Glennmagusharvey,
    I find it frustrating that people use sexually based swears at all. From what I can tell, a lot of sexual harassment involves inserting sexual ideas into a non-sexual context, like the workplace, where they are unwanted.

I understand that not everyone who uses such sexual or gendered swears intends to inject sexuality into a non-sexual context. Those types of curses are so common now that most people probably do not think much about their origin or why they might make some people uncomfortable. That said, I still feel like people should give some more thought to those issues and be more careful about the words they use.
  • IJBM: there's few good pictures of Anthea Kallenberg that don't show cleavage
  • kill living beings
    plus: my abdomen is no longer stabbing me. minus: ssri nausea
  • edited 2014-11-01 14:08:15
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

The term "bitch" ought to be considered more offensive than "fuck" or "shit", because -- or at least in the cases where -- it is used with sexist/misogynistic implications.

Actually, it is more offensive in many places.

So, as far as I understand the deep history of english-language swears, from my extensive knowledge of all things obscene, back in the Medieval Era, religious swears like g's and h's and d's were the really bad ones; because the christian english-speakers of the Medieval Era believed in Christianity kinda like that one C.S. Lewis metaphor about the sun.    But basically, they feared spiritual trouble a lot, so religious swears were the worst.

In the so-called Victorian Era (named after a the world's largest-scale drug dealer), English-speakers were terrified of the human body and bodily functions.  All prudish and stuff.  So religious swears weren't as bad, but crude body swears like s, a, f, and stuff were the worst. 

And in the right-now era, English-speakers don't want to be racist or bigoted or stuff like that; which is why c, n, b, and those ones are the ones that people will be shocked by.  Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is Tv PG and uses religious swears all over the place and the commenters on, say, Mark Watches don't even notice.  But there is one usage of b, and the commentators are really kinda "yeahhh, that's not an okay thing to say; even to a villainess who just killed off the guy you love and is trying to kill you".

(anyways, do NOT go to Markwatches.  Place is full of viruses and stuff.)
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    vittu perkele :DDD
    Kankerlijer :D
    Vinkentering :DD
    I was thinking about house elves and then I realized

Hermione was an SJW
  • I was thinking about house elves and then I realized

Hermione was an SJW
    I'm pretty sure the racism metaphors and stuff like that were heavy in Harry Potter.

'Purebloods'

What are we talking about Dog breeds now?