The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    One of my most vivid memories of Taz: Wanted is that a mech piloted by Tweety, called "the Hindenbird" was the final boss for no reason
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time
    I once played an outrageously shitty Tiny Toons game
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Can yur precious new computers run Aladdin's Math Quest?

NO!  They can't even understand .DLL.
    If I owned Hanna-Barbera, one of the steps in making it relevant again would be to make a Wacky Races game

And Loopy De Loop would be the last unlockable character - and the best in the game
  • having a definitely best character is prolly a bad idea
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    The Tiny Toons SNES game is actually rather good
  • ULTRA-RAD HACKER REFUGEE FROM THE FUTURE
    El Kabong said:

If I owned Hanna-Barbera, one of the steps in making it relevant again would be to make a Wacky Races game

that would not work
    naney said:

having a definitely best character is prolly a bad idea

It's either that or making Loopy a joke character
  • edited 2014-10-30 20:32:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

El Kabong said:

that would not work
    Do you always have to piss on my retro cartoons?
    El Kabong said:

El Kabong said:

that would not work
    Do you always have to piss on my retro cartoons?
    I do not dislike retro cartoons I just think that you are perhaps misjudging what is popular nowadays.

popular crap
    I didn't say Wacky Races was popular nowadays though
    El Kabong said:

I didn't say Wacky Races was popular nowadays though
    mascot-based racing games that aren't Mario Kart aren't popular nowadays
  • edited 2014-10-30 20:38:37

it's not to do with the franchise, it's to do with trying to revive the franchise with a racing game

ninja'd
    make it a super-grimdark FPS
  • edited 2014-10-30 20:41:06
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    That's not what I said. What I should have said is that the game probably wouldn't exist if there weren't a market for it. Aside from something I made myself IRL for fun, but then again, I always worried about Paper Mario: A Pony Tale being Nintendo-Hasbro C&D bait, this might be Warner Bros. C&D bait...

make it a super-grimdark FPS

Super Grimdark Secret Squirrel? He'd work better as an FPS :P
    Nintendo don't give a shit what you do.
    should've said

Nintendon't give a shit what you do
    Hasbro is well-known for trying to get the My Little Pony cat back into the bag though; I guess they figure that, seeing as how that franchise didn't have a prominent fanbase prior to 2010-11, they still had a chance to assert their control over the property that they blew in the case of, say, Transformers.
    Anyway, yes, Mojave, I am going to embark on an ambitious multimedia marketing initiative to make the public re-accept Hanna-Barbera cartoons (by which I mean get off my ass and draw boss fanart - hoping I can get there) and there is nothing you can do to stop me
    I do appreciate you for stirring me to make those colored "HB" wordmarks though

they were so boss (until they seemingly failed in actual use)
    i'm being stupid again, aren't i
    we all are

each and every one of us
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I have heard Chex Quest is decent, by virtue of just being a reskinned Doom/

Lazy Game Reviews liked it, at least
    I don't think I've ever played any packed-in games

I remember some of the ones on NabiscoWorld.com being fun though
    Basically yeah, Chex Quest is just Doom with different graphics and sounds.

so, still kinda fun
    It bugs me that nerd culture gave Agents of SHIELD 50 chances to get good, and they gave Gotham one.
    looks like the ABC Warner brainwashing machines need to make some rounds :P
    but for real I haven't bothered with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Gotham seems like it might have put a little more thought into its narrative - the absence of that Marvel Sheen might, if anything, be a SERVICE to it
  • I never finished Lego Island 2. Kept giving up and starting again, years later, when I had better coordination.

I got to, like, the last level the last time I gave up.
  • My clothes smell like smoke, but I have learned something important:

Roasted Oreos are basically just compact s'mores. 
    in retrospect, it's rather conspicuous that EVERY Super NES game had to use Mode 7 for something, even if just the title screen.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I have this vague memory of being like 7 and proudly telling my aunt and uncle that Jim Henson owns the Muppets, then being crushed when they told me he was dead
    Most people seem unaware of the existence of the Jim Henson Company

It makes me mad that his kids keep sticking his name on cheapo PBS shows while Disney has scrubbed it from the Muppets franchise
    The Henson family should have sold the Muppets to Disney on the condition that it continued to be called "Jim Henson's Muppets"

(they could have let Disney have a royalty-free license for the "Jim Henson" name and logo or something)
  • edited 2014-10-30 21:59:58
    Pizza Dog

My clothes smell like smoke, but I have learned something important:

Have you considered any alternatives? Oreo do you want s'more? 
  • Dream said:

Ghan-buri-Ghan from Lord of the Rings.

Also, I've read the first ten chapters of the first volume of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and am patiently waiting for Liu Yan to show up again after his one mention of being related to Liu Bei/Pei, and also being related to an old ruling family.

Oh hey, you started RoTK. How are you enjoying it so far? Also, which translation are you reading? I'm partial to the C.H. Brewitt-Taylor translation personally.

Also, If I'm thinking of the correct character, I can't remember if Liu Yan shows up again, but his son Liu Zhang is somewhat important later on in the story.
    Yep, C.H. Brewett-Taylor.

Liu Yen, from chapter one. The prefect.

I love this book. I'm getting shivers like I did reading Harry potter for the first time, or Lord Of The Rings.

I am writing down character names and affiliations in a notebook.

Ts'ao Ts'ao is such a lovable semi-traitorous ambition-guy.

Poor Hsieh. Him and his brother, lead by fireflies to safety. He seems like a sweet kid.

Lü Pu and Tung Cho, what jerks. And beat by a girl. Very sneaky, Wang.
    I'm so happy you're enjoying RotK, since it's easily my favorite book of all time. I was kind of lucky to know a lot of the characters before I started reading RotK, just because I knew some of the story from Dynasty Warriors 3 (which is how I got into the novel). It's cool that you're writing down that information in  a notebook. It honestly helps keep track of everyone and what they're doing.

Ts'ao Ts'ao is an enjoyable mix of both good and bad traits. He can be ambitious and cruel, but he can also be merciful and even very principled in certain circumstances. Two of my favorite characters (Xú Huǎng/Hsu Huang and Zhāng Liáo/Chang Liao) are found in Ts'ao Ts'ao's faction. Though on the whole, my favorite stories and characters come from the adventures of the Sun family and the state of Wu. They're just so much fun to read.

Yeah, Hsieh and his brother had to suffer through a good bit during the story, but they seem to be decent. And yeah Tung Cho is pretty terrible, but Wang Yun's plan was great.
  • My clothes smell like smoke, but I have learned something important:

Have you considered any alternatives? Oreo do you want s'more? 
    No, it's a good thing.

Marshmallows are usually not vegan, so I now have a replacement for any occasion involving s'mores without having to go find the weird vegan marshmallows. 
    just before dawn
    negasonic teenage warhead
    baskin robbins
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Blue Ribbon
  • this is really disappointing

it doesn't even have the damn son where'd you find this sample
    Can't sleep

Been awake since at least 3 am

Require Homsar