The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Part of me wonders how well Mabel would get along with Cadpig
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    I'm simultaneously scared and fascinated by the concept of drunk Treman.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

I'm simultaneously scared and fascinated by the concept of drunk Mabel

Same.
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    Also I should be someone from 12 oz. Mouse

maybe Old Kentucky Shark
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Also, speaking of liquor, I've had the hook from "Swimming Pools (Drank)" in my head all evening.
  • Anonus said:
    I'm willing to bet nonexistent money that Disney is the reason for this in the first place.
  • Quip said:

I'm simultaneously scared and fascinated by the concept of drunk Treman.

Frankly, I'm convinced that I'll become an alcoholic if I even touch whiskey.
    Alcoholism runs in the family, and I've never liked how beer and wine tasted or smelled, so I typically avoid alcohol. 

I can relate to drowning one's sorrows in something, though.
  • Kexruct said:
    shit shoulda been beta-burned Babylon, the end.
  • edited 2014-08-24 02:49:44
    Guess who finished reading Diamond is Unbreakable? :V
  • escape from garbage planet
  • Huh. I did not know that. Then again, I don't post here that often.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Lauren Ipsum and Dolores Sit Amet: two Centralian villains who go around "stealing" the content of books, articles, and other documents and replacing it with meaningless placeholder text
  • Lauren Ipsum and Dolores Sit Amet: two Centralian villains who go around "stealing" the content of books, articles, and other documents and replacing it with meaningless placeholder text

This sounds like a Carmen Sandiego plot.
  • CA, you should direct a whimsical television series.

Like an Adventure Time or yes a Gravity Falls.

You'd be good at it.
    I was about to make a crack about owning Adventure Time now, but then I realized that it's produced by my idol Fred Seibert and his company Frederator, not just CN proper
  • edited 2014-08-24 03:39:48
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    (obligatory mention: Fred Seibert founded Frederator after departing from Hanna-Barbera, where he served as President from 1992 to 1996. Frederator seems to build on the ideas he introduced there, though it is kind of a shame that his regime didn't get to do more with the classic H-B characters)
    why the hell do I have "best of both worlds" stuck in my head now
    Hanna-Barbera
    666 E. Satan Boulevard
    Sunnydale

Hanna-Barbera
    666 E. Satan Boulevard
    Sunnydale

that's how a lot of cartoon fans see them
    :(

But they were the good guys
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Sunnydale doesn't seem like optimal corporate property though
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    the mayor would totally name a boulevard satan though
  • I want to be an ogre and smash things with a big club.

Is that so much to ask
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I can never appreciate dystopian lit now because most of the time it’s “escapist fantasy” by privileged people, usually white/middle class, and there they go researching very hard how to set up a dystopian govt or an oppressive society 
    When there are members of our society that live that very life every day and don’t have the privilege to “put the book down” and walk away

I don’t mean all dystopian lit of course but it’s hard to disentangle the privilege of the writer from this world they’re creating, usually half-romanticising it and/or trying to make “some kind of lesson” from it

Following Princewenyuan was a good decision.
  • I think I may have never actually read a single work of dystopian fiction.

Except maybe like, Ember or whatever that was called? I guess that was sort of dystopian but more general post-apoc than anything else. Which is not always dystopian, weirdly, because some people like to romanticize the end of the world.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    The end of the world is aesthetically pretty cool. Desperate hopes, last stands, fighting for hope, for life, for survival. Settling scores and fulfilling vendetta as chaos rages all around you.

But also I'm really scared of it.
  • Yeah but that stuff's not interesting to me.

I am a simple man and I prefer stories that end with some room for a happiness. Silly as that may perhaps be.
    It's not silly at all.
    my little hanna-barbera: friendship-type magic
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • kill living beings
    noooooo
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    *teleports behind u*
    *nods respectfully*
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    You know for all the fervor about self-diagnosed autistics, I've never actually met one.

Not even on TvTropes, which you think would be a haven for that.
  • Odradek said:

You know for all the fervor about self-diagnosed autistics, I've never actually met one.

same
  • also the handful of otherkin i've met on tumblr have been shy, quiet sorts of people who have mostly wanted to be left alone
  • edited 2014-08-24 12:51:18
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Well, for all the fervor about conservatives who worship guns, I've never met one.

But, well, you know, alternate universe and all that.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    This just in, peak time train fares are horrendous. Which means I'll be walking around London for hours when I go there next month.
    Aliroz said:

Well, for all the fervor about conservatives who worship guns, I've never met one.

Too bad. A Charlton Heston autograph probably goes for a lot of money on e-bay these days.
  • edited 2014-08-24 12:50:54
    (2015 self)
    nevermind.
  • edited 2014-08-24 13:07:56
    (2015 self)
    Medieval Religious Nutcase Aliroz: Yarrun, I am disappoint. Heavy things are how you get strong and big. Now wear a hair shirt, make like my bro Dominic Loricatus, and whip yourself into shape.

Impractical Mechanical Aliroz:  Construct a set of wheels for your things, in addition to using pulleys and levers to move whatever you need.  Then it won't seem so heavy.

Actual Aliroz:  Oh, man, Yarrun.  I know the feeling.  Putting a damp, warm towel on your back usually helps for me.  Also, once you are done carrying things, it sometimes helps to take off your shoes and socks and squeeze your heel.
  • naney said:

Odradek said:

same
    I think it's partially because most of them wouldn't exactly sing from the mountaintops that they don't have an actual diagnosis.
    Kexruct said:

naney said:

Odradek said:

same
    I think it's partially because most of them wouldn't exactly sing from the mountaintops that they don't have an actual diagnosis.
    If so, where did this stereotype come from?
  • edited 2014-08-24 13:16:26
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Kexruct said:

naney said:

Odradek said:

same
    Weird wrong inexplicable ideas.

I haves 'em alla time.
  • Odradek said:

Kexruct said:

naney said:

Odradek said:

same
    The fact that it's pretty easy to convince yourself that you express traits consistent with autism.

It might be projection, but there are quite a few people who do self diagnose.
  • It's irritating, but more-or-less just harmless, uh, role confusion or something like that.