The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• man it takes forever for curly fries to get nice and crispy.
  • what requirements does your university have sociology-wise for a policy major?

well for me it's basically just a bunch of policy courses, but i'm not in a normal policy major and i'm also not an undergrad.
  • edited 2014-02-08 21:50:25

i just realised that i no longer have any of my blingee thorstein veblen pictures...

8<
  • so I looked at that hurt & heal thread finally

let me get this straight

Ai To Yuuki Harukanaru Toki No Asobi Ni Iku Ginga Sengoku Ninomiya-kun Rokubou No Shichinin Gensou died in it, as did my love for breasts.

Fuck you guys. The hell with all of you, forever

the thing is that your love of breasts isn't a meme, it's just a fact of the universe.

it'd be like having "the sky is blue" in there.
  • burgundy, what series are these two iamges from?

YuruYuri

which also has a terrific season one theme song.
    oh

toma-tomato
    toma-tomato

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    well, I suppose
  • a YuruYuri thing we do not often enough discuss is The Chickenhat.

• Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Once I have access to my tablet I will make more Kelly parodies.
  • burgundy, what series are these two iamges from?

YuruYuri

which also has a terrific season one theme song.
    oh

toma-tomato
    toma-tomato

that isn't the season one theme song.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

i just realised that i no longer have any of my blingee thorstein veblen pictures...

8<
    That is very disheartening...

• It's not that I'm not letting it go.  I am letting it go.

Even when I "take it seriously" I'm not actually taking it seriously in the sense of "it is important to me".  It's more like "this is more fun than I first thought because now i have a strategic goal to try to achieve and stuff in this game" and "crap, now i'm wasting time thinking too much about it".

It's just that you word everything in a way that makes you sound super-cereal-serious and seem to project motives onto other people in a way that comes off as a little presumptuous.

Not that reading it in that way isn't amusing, but you have to recognise that it's a bit like synching The Wizard of Oz to Dark Side of the Moon: Pure, self-conscious fanwank that happens to sort of work.
    sorry.

i figured that this would be a place where i could just post whatever but i guess i should watch myself more.

though i have no idea why anyone would synch the wizard of oz (the movie, i presume) to the dark side of the moon (the pink floyd album, i presume).  but drawing connections between the two sounds like a fun (even if crazy) idea.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Anonus said:

I admit, it made me kind of sad to see Ai To Yuuki Harukanaru Toki No Asobi Ni Iku Ginga Sengoku Ninomiya-kun Rokubou No Shichinin Gensou die in that thread

Where is that even from?
    here

Anonus said:

I admit, it made me kind of sad to see Ai To Yuuki Harukanaru Toki No Asobi Ni Iku Ginga Sengoku Ninomiya-kun Rokubou No Shichinin Gensou die in that thread

Where is that even from?
    back in the Motherheap one time I said I was going to make an anime. So I went through the TVT archives and put a bunch of pieces of anime titles together and made that.

the more you know
    or something like that, like what Anonus posted, assuming that's not something he just made up
  • doki doki pretty cure

• It's not that I'm not letting it go.  I am letting it go.

Even when I "take it seriously" I'm not actually taking it seriously in the sense of "it is important to me".  It's more like "this is more fun than I first thought because now i have a strategic goal to try to achieve and stuff in this game" and "crap, now i'm wasting time thinking too much about it".

It's just that you word everything in a way that makes you sound super-cereal-serious and seem to project motives onto other people in a way that comes off as a little presumptuous.

Not that reading it in that way isn't amusing, but you have to recognise that it's a bit like synching The Wizard of Oz to Dark Side of the Moon: Pure, self-conscious fanwank that happens to sort of work.
    sorry.

i figured that this would be a place where i could just post whatever but i guess i should watch myself more.

though i have no idea why anyone would synch the wizard of oz (the movie, i presume) to the dark side of the moon (the pink floyd album, i presume).  but drawing connections between the two sounds like a fun (even if crazy) idea.
    that's actually like a well-known thing

at some point some nerd noticed that the movie and the album have the same runtime I guess? Something along those lines

and after that they noticed that if you watch Oz muted and listen to the Pink Floyd album you can find some interesting (entirely unintentional obviously) parallels.

some indie theaters have actually shown it as a feature.
  • and yeah i recognized the "asobi ni iku [yo]" bit

i think that title goes like that

not sure

i always misread japanese names

it's like how i looked at "gensokyo" and yet somehow read it as "gensyoko"

sorry.

No, I'm sorry, that was harsh. I apologise. You should be entitled to make silly remarks. The problem is that you have, like, this perpetual intellectual poker-face and it becomes hard to tell when you are being facetious or not.

It's actually a common urban legend that the album was recorded to synch up to the movie. Apparently it fits reasonably well as an alternate soundtrack, at points.

• though i have no idea why anyone would synch the wizard of oz (the movie, i presume) to the dark side of the moon (the pink floyd album, i presume).  but drawing connections between the two sounds like a fun (even if crazy) idea.

that's actually like a well-known thing

at some point some nerd noticed that the movie and the album have the same runtime I guess? Something along those lines

and after that they noticed that if you watch Oz muted and listen to the Pink Floyd album you can find some interesting (entirely unintentional obviously) parallels.

some indie theaters have actually shown it as a feature.
    oh

oh.

interesting.

...this needs to be a thing in a mystery hunt puzzle.
    Fun fact: The AVGN's review of the SNES Wizard of Oz game syncs to the first four songs of Dark Side of the Moon
    The movie is quite a bit longer than the album

But there are apparently some eerie coincidences between the two
    Anonus said:

Anonus said:

Where is that even from?
    here
    That is so very true.
    Yes, anime normally has titles in Japanese.
    Those wacky Japos!!
  • > No, I'm sorry, that was harsh. I apologise. You should be entitled to
    make silly remarks. The problem is that you have, like, this perpetual
    intellectual poker-face and it becomes hard to tell when you are being
    facetious or not.

but

my face is the kool-aid man

or a cute anime girl

or rufus t. firefly

how u taek srsly
  • I wanted Psychedelic Squid fanfiction, nobody wrote it

I wanted "20 stalks" to be all over this place, it isn't

I wanted Lady Time to be showing up all the...well, time. She doesn't

I wanted the Octopus Launch to be mentioned at least now and then

I wanted the Pillow Pets cow to be here there and everywhere

What am I, chopped liver?
  • Years and years and years ago, I used to lurk a forum called TTGO, it was about Teen Titans.

A dude named Kaiser had the same picture of The Kool Aid man for an avatar as Glenn does now.

One time, in the off-topic thread, someone made a thread called "Got Soul?", it was a discussion about whether souls exist.

His response to this topic was "well I do play a mean sax...."

the things we remember.
    Yes Yarrun, you are chopped liver.

*chops*
    Of all the Imi things, nobody really remembers "in the mountains"

where you go to have breakthroughs
  • edited 2014-02-08 22:03:06
    Serious comment: okay, yeah, I do tend to mix intellectual observations in with petty nonsense and mundane happenings and whatnot.  I find it interesting to notice trends and patterns in the way people act or the way things happen.  And sometimes those trends and patterns occur in strange places.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments.  If I do, sorry about that.
    If you are referring to the Psychedelic Squid poem, however, I had momentarily forgotten it.

By way of apology, you may have 20 Imipoints.
    Anonus said:

Of all the Imi things, nobody really remembers "in the mountains"

where you go to have breakthroughs
    even I forgot it
  • If you are referring to the Psychedelic Squid poem, however, I had momentarily forgotten it.

what can we do with Imipoints anyway? Do they have any monetary value? Are they exchangeable for prizes?
  • Like, something I've tried to do once is to categorize internet memes by how they are used and why they are memorable.

Serious comment: okay, yeah, I do tend to mix intellectual observations in with petty nonsense and mundane happenings and whatnot.  I find it interesting to notice trends and patterns in the way people act or the way things happen.  And sometimes those trends and patterns occur in strange places.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments.  If I do, sorry about that.

It's OK.

If you are referring to the Psychedelic Squid poem, however, I had momentarily forgotten it.

what can we do with Imipoints anyway? Do they have any monetary value? Are they exchangeable for prizes?
    they can be used to purchase any of the following:

a. music, but only in the thrash and stoner metal genres
    b. modernist and postmodernist literature
    c. enormous breast implants
    d. bacon

Like, something I've tried to do once is to categorize internet memes by how they are used and why they are memorable.

It could be interesting to create a table of how different memes work in different ways and what kind of humour they use, if only in the making of it.
  • I feel out of touch even here.

I have no idea what zestpoole is, nor why calling a crusade upon someone's house is a thing, nor what an orgone cannon is.  "The Beast" probably refers to something other than either of two tracks from the Neon Genesis Evangelion soundtrack.  I barely remember "Sam Harris" as a name that I think was brought up by Odradek a few times in the course of threads displaying bad philosophy practices, but I have no idea why he has a katana.  And no idea about the sea urchin lass.

Zestpoole is the protagonist of Tachyon's faux MS Paint Adventure.

"I have called a Crusade upon your house" is Mo's way of expressing jocular displeasure, à la The Pope calling a Crusade upon, well, that person's house.

"The Beast (Seven Bastard Suck)" is a song by The Virgin Prunes, which TNS or I automatically post whenever Satan is mentioned. It is a tradition dating back years to the TVT Music forum.

Sam Harris is an asinine atheist commentator that Odradek loves to hate. He is the object of adoration for many obnoxious nerds, some of whom undoubtedly write fanfic for bad shounen action series. So Haven made a crack about him wielding a katana. So it goes.

The sea urchin lass is from an anime that Mo likes—I think Yuyushiki? He has described her as his role model.

The ORGONE CANNON is my thing. It's a Motherheap gag relating to Wilhelm Reich's orgone theory, which ties into Justice's conspiracy theory jokes. It is used to battle reptilians.
    SPEAKING OF WHICH.....

What? I'm not that predicable. :P
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Alright heapers, for $6000, which of the following was NOT a sockpuppet of Imipolex G's?

A. Butter Churn
    B. Punky Brewster
    C. The TIGER
    D. Imipolex Q
  • If you are referring to the Psychedelic Squid poem, however, I had momentarily forgotten it.

I accept your apology.

What am I at now?

Alright heapers, for $6000, which of the following was NOT a sockpuppet of Imipolex G's?

A. Butter Churn
    B. Punky Brewster
    C. The TIGER
    D. Imipolex Q
    C. The TIGER.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Correct!

*the score display below Anonus changes to read "$6000"*
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I spent so much time with antinatalists that any time an author expresses an opinion similar to it(this happens more often than you'd think) I just sigh and remember very frustrating people.

I accept your apology.

What am I at now?
    You now have 300. This is behind only Anonus who has 1,100.

Technically, Loid is the all-time leader with 5,080. But I'm not sure if this should count, since Loid never shows up anymore.

Of course, Miko's Imipoints are beyond count.

I accept your apology.

What am I at now?
    You now have 300. This is behind only Anonus who has 1,100.

Technically, Loid is the all-time leader with 5,080. But I'm not sure if this should count, since Loid never shows up anymore.

Of course, Miko's Imipoints are beyond count.
    how many do I have

SPEAKING OF WHICH.....

What? I'm not that predicable. :P

That song is probably its own in-joke...
  • Bed, Bath, and Miko's Imipoints.
  • To infinity, and Miko's Imipoints!