The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2013-12-02 16:28:28
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Ugh, Jenny McCarthy.   A problem for autism and for people who need vaccinations.

So, as for the "Autism should be accepted as a difference and not as a disorder; and shouldn't have to try to be neurotypical; and also should be treated with respect and love" vs "Autistic people should be given the necessary accommodations to function in the neurotypical world and should be treated with respect and love" debate, I'm torn.

Because I'm all for helping low-functioning autistics function and not have seizures or suffering or anxiety; because HECK YEAH.  But I don't like the idea of just turning all autistic people into neurotypicals, because SCREW THAT.

I kind of think that there's a middle ground; and that's where I'm at.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Why are you guys so harsh on one sucky political party without being equally harsh on the other equally sucky political party?  And also being equally harsh on the other political parties that are neither, and are equally sucky.

I mean, I'm all for you people realizing that politics is stupid and political people are awful and that the political right is not worth following; BUT YOU'RE ONLY ABOUT ONE-THIRD DONE.  Now, you just have to realize that about the political left and the political everything-else.
  • edited 2013-12-02 16:21:56
    (2015 self)
    I mean, it's just seems arbitrary.
  • The sadness will last forever.
  • lazy dismissive thought
    destroy all politicians
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    "Well, I've been away for a while! Let's check this thre-"

>139607 unread posts

fuckthatshit.jpg.png.gif.txt.docx.psd.wav
  • edited 2013-12-02 16:25:09
    (2015 self)
    Icalasari said:

"Well, I've been away for a while! Let's check this thre-"

>139607 unread posts

fuckthatshit.jpg.png.gif.txt.docx.psd.wav

You're back!  Yay!

Wait, how are we on page 3987?  We were on page 3887 just a week or two ago.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    lolz
    Whale is still gone... :(
  • The first single from Perc's forthcoming debut album, Wicker & Steel, "My Head Is Slowly Exploding," does justice to the album's title with an unusually tactile approach to techno, and an unusually stark one as well—six minutes of mortar blasts and a ringing in your ears. It's harrowing: apart from the regular kick drum, the music has been stripped of techno's usual crutches. Everything floats free around the faint, 4/4 vertebrae, and with more space between the beats, you hone in on the particulars of every element—the wide-open train whistle, the crumple of struck metal.

Ancient Methods go at their remix like a charcoal rubbing, filling in the empty spaces with droning, growling synthesizers and emphasizing the beat in quick, violent strokes. There's an echo of breakbeat hardcore in the groove, but the idea has more to do with the clanging percussionist Z'EV.

The other remix comes from Chris Carter, of Throbbing Gristle and Chris and Cosey fame. He's been turning up with increasing frequency in the contemporary electronic scene, with a recent reissue on Optimo and remixes, with Cosey Fanni Tutti, for Excepter. From the sound of things here, he understands techno better than most of the producers currently associated with the genre. Drawing out skeletal drum patterns and staccato synth tones over just a hint of a downbeat, he achieves more genuine tension than the most ashen, pummeling, by-the-numbers industrial techno cut. While nagging tritone riffs and nervous 16th-note patter stretch out like electric filament, the proportions of the thing blow out like soft glass. It's the head exploding as viewed from inside, in perfect, crystalline, stop-time motion.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    people who are sick and need vaccinations.
    Vaccinations are done before you get sick. That's the whole point of them.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    there are plenty of idiots, liars and worse on the political left, too, and we have made fun of many of them here

but not all political parties are equally awful

some are definitely worse than others, and i see nothing wrong with disliking them accordingly

i mean a lot of my own opinions are 'politically left', so i'd be entirely hypocritical if i disliked everyone who espoused them
    POLITICIANS
    (2015 self)

people who are sick and need vaccinations.
    Vaccinations are done before you get sick. That's the whole point of them.

You saw nothing
    free tin foil hats
  • resampled to hell
    adding ambient sounds to background music 'cause I think I'm clever
    The MiniMoog: Clearly the best synth of all time.
    blah

i get defensive too easily
    efff efff

zoooor
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

there are plenty of idiots, liars and worse on the political left, too, and we have made fun of many of them here

but not all political parties are equally awful

some are definitely worse than others, and i see nothing wrong with disliking them accordingly

i mean a lot of my own opinions are 'politically left', so i'd be entirely hypocritical if i disliked everyone who espoused them

But I talk crap about my opinions all the time. I mean, I keep telling people that I'm wrong about most everything and that my opinions are stupid.  Just because you hold an opinion doesn't mean you can't dislike said opinion or dislike people who have said opinion; or say that said opinion is wrong.

Tachyon said:

blah

Start putting some points into Strength. Maybe Dex? No, wait, Dex increases evade, so that's defensive. Luck perhaps?
  • Tachyon said:

blah

dude you are fine

someone around here has to have some goddamn backbone
    then i will level in Backbone, i guess
  • discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline
    discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline 
    discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline discipline
    eat a zombie
  • dark triangles
    Dark Slow Bass.
  • fuck you and fuck your counterpoint
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If I'm the daughter of a black man and a white woman, does that make my improvised home repairs "ghetto" or "redneck"?
    Redto. Like retro, but not.
  • Obliteration of the Berghain
    dark humor
  • edited 2013-12-02 16:41:24
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Aliroz said:

But I talk crap about my opinions all the time. I mean, I keep telling people that I'm wrong about most everything and that my opinions are stupid.  Just because you hold an opinion doesn't mean you can't dislike said opinion or dislike people who have said opinion; or say that said opinion is wrong.

Slightly late response but, yeah, you do this, and i don't understand you doing it. If i thought my opinions were wrong, i'd change my opinions. Opinions are the very things you're supposed to stand for and believe in, otherwise they're not opinions, they're just, i don't know, feelings, or idiosyncrasies, or affectations.

Feel free to do what you want, but i don't understand it, so don't ask it of me.
  • i am never funny
    half-asian half-white
  • Opinions are the very things you're supposed to stand for and believe in, otherwise they're not opinions

yeah.

like that's the exact definition of having an opinion.
    prize winners of hats
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ok but seriously I used a butter knife to loosen screws while replacing a lightswitch because I couldn't find a flathead screwdriver and my brother wasn't home to ask

Like I could tell you where three hammers are if I wanted to nail something but if I want a screwdriver hahaha not gonna happen
    Opinions that are wrong:

The world is square.
    The sun is cold.
    Sprouts are edible.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Sprouts are edible.

Correct, this is true.
  • Opinions that are wrong:

The world is square.
    The sun is cold.
    Sprouts are edible.