The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Anonus said:

Well, I also want to, like, chew on it...

space cakes are the way to go, this is truth
  • yesterday was my 8rother's 8irthday.

tomorrow is mine.

so today we are cele8r8ing 8y going out for Italian food and then coming 8ack to my apartment for cake and presents.

Dusty 8etter 8ehave.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what kind of italian food
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

The problem with this is that the "o" in "women" is not pronounced like a short i.

At least, not by people who pronounce it incorrectly out of a misplaced conviction that spelling should dictate pronunciation.

FTFY
    Pillows said:

Which I've seen practically none of but I thought some folks here liked it

i like/d Doctor Who but i'm getting kind of sick of hearing about it

i hope the fuss will die down once the anniversary episode airs
  • Tachyon said:

The problem with this is that the "o" in "women" is not pronounced like a short i.

At least, not by people who pronounce it correctly out of a conviction that spelling should dictate pronunciation, and can doubly serve as a way to distance oneself from people who use such obnoxious slang terms as "wimmens".

FTFY
    FTFY
    >confusing bad eye-dialect with slang
    you know i think English orthography and spoken English have a mutually-dependent relationship

neither takes precedent over the other because both have evolved side by side for so long
  • edited 2013-11-23 08:36:56
    And I'll contend that even without spelling-based support, my pronunciation is still better because it encourages positive social change, even if in a small way.
    how so?
  • Whatever they have on the menu that I feel like eating, last time I went there I had linguini with clam sauce.
  • it is a little local Italian restaurant that has yummy and pretty authentic food (as opposed to Olive Garden or something).
  • Because "wimmens" is a demeaning term.
    'wimmens' is just an irregular plural of woman

its usage as a pejorative tends to be ironic, attacking the implied speaker rather than women themselves, in much the same way that putting 'herp derp' in a post suggests that those who express the sentiments your post appears to express are idiots

those demeaned by 'wimmins' are principally working-class individuals with rural backgrounds, whose speech differs from the standard

when women themselves are the target of ridicule the word 'womyn' is more commonly used, due to its feminist origins
    you watch, Norman will be along any moment to make fun of the word 'womyn'
  • wymun
  • edited 2013-11-23 08:54:44
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    but really, there's nothing intrinsically demeaning about 'wimmens' (which is really just 'womens', i.e. 'women' with the redundant pluralization '-s') if it's part of your dialect

it doesn't imply anything negative about women

furthermore 'women' (pronounced the standard way) doesn't imply an endorsement of non-standard uses such as 'wimmens'
    Vriska!

my prediction was only half right!
  • Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman (D-CT)
  • Hi!

My cat just almost stole my socks.
    a daring sock robbery, foiled
    last night i had a dream involving sock-theft

or actually not

a girl accused me of stealing her socks, but actually we just had the same socks
  • the sock ruse was a....... DISTACTION!

I couldn't resist.
    :D
  • edited 2013-11-23 09:41:53
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I would steal all the socks in the world. (not really)
  • My dreams exceed my real life

This is kinda sad.
  • edited 2013-11-23 09:49:03
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Odradek why the literal fuck would you download that
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hi heap

I slept pretty much the entire night away, but I don't feel bad about it

Because after the week I'd had, there was nothing quite so nice as crashing
    Miko said:

Odradek why the literal fuck would you download that

I didn't.

Someone on the SA thread did.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    same question to them then :o

Hello CA. :)
    aww yuss watching the best Battle Garegga player in 720p
    morning CA
    PYF is silly and meanspirited
  • edited 2013-11-23 10:06:46
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Tachyon said:

PYF is silly and meanspirited

Not all of it (in regards to meanspirited, that is). It's mostly just silly things. Like "The general feel good thread: Cute, Adorable and Uplifting Mk. III". Or "Post your favorite scary or unnerving article or Wikipedia page".
    some of it is silly

some of it is also meanspirited
    HH is silly and meanspirited
    human beings are silly and meanspirited
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Odradek said:

This is kinda sad.
    Yeah, it is sad. Why would anyone still use Windows Vista in this day and age?

#pleasedontpunchme
  • edited 2013-11-23 10:22:54
    Tachyon said:

HH is silly and meanspirited

The latter, to a more manageable extent nowadays, to which I may ignore.
  • edited 2013-11-23 10:23:51
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ with a GlovedFistOfDoom?

how would you feel about a FrivolousLawsuit?
    but w/e this isn't even like my legit hangout this is like, idk, my dumping ground. my toilet <3 trash heap indeed.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Odradek said:

This is kinda sad.
    Yeah, it is sad. Why would anyone still use Windows Vista in this day and age?

#pleasedontpunchme
    Because their previous OS was Windows Me. Duh.
    i must say, i am not comfortable about my favourite forum being anyone's toilet
    Also sad: the fact that Central Avenue can recognize Windows Vista's Explorer at a glance

Because their previous OS was Windows Me. Duh.

You laugh, but this actually happened to someone I know.

My grandfather had a computer with Me, which he used until it died...in 2008, when he had no choice but to buy one preloaded with Vista. :V
    Tachyon said:

i must say, i am not comfortable about my favourite forum being anyone's toilet

but where else do I pee and poop and vomit? :<
    A TvTropes mock thread is funnier without goons gooning all over it.

Sadly, one such as that does not exist.
  • Oh hi there HH mobile, it's been a while.

On the road to Pennsylvania.
    HH is the best forum because posting trash here is fine and anything better that gets posted is a bonus

anywhere else i would never post