The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

'He lives at Number 10 Downing Street'

sounds natural to me

tho oddly not without the house number.  hm

Heh, you inadvertently hit on another difference I've noticed--Americans don't usually say "Number" before giving a house number

I suspect this is partly because, unlike the UK (and most of Europe, really), where house numbers are assigned sequentially, most places in America use a grid system (so the first house on a street can be something like 5362 and it would sound silly to say "number" before it).

I don't know why these language differences fascinate me so much...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tokyo Movie Shinsha
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I like ponytails, bows, ribbons, flowers, beads, and other hair decorations.  So pretty!  But crocodilians have no hair. 

What could be some good head-decorations similar to ponytails, bows, ribbons, flowers, beads, and the like for a scaly head, that wouldn't be covered by the Hat?
    (2015 self)

Tachyon said:

'He lives at Number 10 Downing Street'

sounds natural to me

tho oddly not without the house number.  hm

Heh, you inadvertently hit on another difference I've noticed--Americans don't usually say "Number" before giving a house number

I suspect this is partly because, unlike the UK (and most of Europe, really), where house numbers are assigned sequentially, most places in America use a grid system (so the first house on a street can be something like 5362 and it would sound silly to say "number" before it).

No, most places in America do not use a grid system.  Most places in America have street names, and then underneath that, maybe a grid system, and those are fakitty fake-fake fakeness that is fake fake because it is fake-fake.  They aren't doing it right.  And yes, I pronounced doing to rhyme with boing, right there.

An actual, legitimate, pure grid system, if it is in America, is usually in the western half; in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, and the other awesome states with significant Mormon populations.

As much as I despise Brigham Young for a lot of things, I must say that his Grid System was just plain amazing.

I mean, Josie-jo-jo Smith, my swiggity slagging homeboy dawg, what a guy.  DAT JOSIE-JO-JO SMIFF BOYY.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aliroz said:

No, most places in America do not use a grid system.  Most places in America have street names, and then underneath that, maybe a grid system, and those are fakitty fake-fake fakeness that is fake fake because it is fake-fake.  They aren't doing it right.  And yes, I pronounced doing to rhyme with boing, right there.

An actual, legitimate, pure grid system, if it is in America, is usually in the western half; in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, and the other awesome states with significant Mormon populations.

As much as I despise Brigham Young for a lot of things, I must say that his Grid System was just plain amazing.

I mean, Josie-jo-jo Smith, my swiggity slagging homeboy dawg, what a guy.  DAT JOSIE-JO-JO SMIFF BOYY.

This is true.
    (2015 self)

Aliroz, the answer. Is. Stickers

Yes.  Yes.

Sadly, the scale-shine (you use it to make your scales shiny) that my mom uses will probably make the stickers not stick to her.

I can't use scale-shine, and neither can my dad.  We both have rough, dry, very scaly skin, and it itches.  It peels off a little sometimes, but only a little and it's painless you know, like your foot's skin after you shower, and it's nothing medical or anything.  It just means that my dad and I have back-itchings, and in my case, sometimes (every five years or so) it gets really severe.  Scale-shine makes my dad and I get really bad cases of dry skin.

Two minutes until computer's out of time.  -applies stickers-

HOw do I look?

RESURGAM!
  • The sadness will last forever.
    diamond love
    crybaby shaming
    sweet reptiles
    power of the birds
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    pillows
  • Why, Yarrun

Why did you choose to join two performance groups with concerts right after each other?

Why?
  • I kind of want to drop out of the second performance group next semester, but

They're all so fascinated by my presence. The one black kid in the Indian ensemble. I don't want to leave.

Also, doing that means I'll probably not play the saxophone for months, seeing that my next semester schedule also blocks the University Symphony. 

I just want to have enough time that having a job won't crush my spirit. Is that so wrong?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

I just want to have enough time that having a job won't crush my spirit. Is that so wrong?

I can completely sympathize, but the world...

...the world...

...may not.
    The world wants us all to work, work, work, from the time that we're barely old enough to remember anything to the time that we're old...
    Yeah, that was probably bad of me to say considering my light college course-load

Does that make bad?
    Anonus said:

The world wants us all to work, work, work, from the time that we're barely old enough to remember anything to the time that we're old...

And that makes me really sad.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    It's true. Fuck dat noize. Don't work for money or the Man. Work for happiness.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Anonus said:

In America. They riot in France when they raise the retirement age or add an hour to someone's work week.

And you know what/ I respect that.
    "America" was probably more apt...
  • little did the stupid teenager know, it turns out that an air horn is an instrument.
  • george clinton is my fave beatle
  • oh yeah he wrote "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

good song, Kappa.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I thought that song was originally recorded by The Led Zeppelins, on their breakout album Dark Side of the Moon—their last album with Keith Moon on the bass.
    david tennant sherlock patriarchy feels tw
    i identify as a supernova but i was born male and no one will give me an operation

#lol my biting wit and and satire is hilarious right
  • edited 2013-11-06 02:44:40
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    waaaah everything is rape nowadays what arent feminists offended by cant a guy just penetrate a body without permission
    my breakfast has bagel privilege
  • endlessly compounded passive aggression I am doing nothing to solve.

goodnight, heap.
    trans wymyn are wymyn but theyre not oppressed because they have male privilege unlike actual wymyn
    your an oppressor if you have a penis and your oppressed if you dont, end of story

#tw: penis
    lol canon cosplay
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    :D
  • I should make an official seal of approval for puns like that.
  • And get it to do tricks and balance a ball on its nose and stuff.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    img
    Did you hear they finally caught that witch who'd been going around stealing people's bodies?

She got busted for possession.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

oh, but that's interesting

i wouldn't have guessed that, tbh, because over here the word 'number' is optional, and i don't understand how America's grid system works.

How can a grid be fake?
    analytic philosophy and math seem to go together naturally

from a lay perspective, anyway
    i have become accustomed to saying 'math'

it rolls off the tongue very easily, somehow
    Going to bed soon

I feel like I should make more Cadpig avatars lately, but that I should also watch Pepper Ann more
    both worthy undertakings