The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• i had this black cat avatar but it was not fluffy-wuffy enough
  • i was about to point out you have the entire internet to find a black cat that is fluffy wuffy

but you appear to have had the same thought

that cat is so... round. it is enchanting
  • pan•american released a new album this year and i only just heard of it now aaaaaaaaaa
  • Mika Vainio from Pan Sonic released an album recently. Apparently it is quite good but I have not gotten to hear it yet...
  • Danny Brown released an album a few days ago.

'bout to listen to it. Quite long though at 19 tracks.
  • Route 666 said:

Also:

also a crushing sense of Aliroz is right, we are unnecessarily sarcastic towards Kexruct and there is really no call for it

I've been thinking that lately too

Which is kind of uncomfortable to admit, what with me being one of the primary offenders >_>
    I don't know how to respond to people saying that I am right.

It feels wrong, and makes me very uncomfortable.

But, yes, you guys are really snippy, snarky, snappish and altogether brusque towards Cutxerk.

The fastest way to feel comfortable about a thing is to experience it many times in a short period.

Not necessarily the best way, but certainly the fastest.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • I'm becoming increasingly more comfortable with the fact that the people I had hoped to befriend as a freshman are now becoming more and more distant.

I guess this is what I always wanted, in the event that reconciliation was not tenable. And it seems less and less tenable as time goes by.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Route 666 said:

Also:

also a crushing sense of Aliroz is right, we are unnecessarily sarcastic towards Kexruct and there is really no call for it

Which is kind of uncomfortable to admit, what with me being one of the primary offenders >_>
    I don't know how to respond to people saying that I am right.

It feels wrong, and makes me very uncomfortable.

But, yes, you guys are really snippy, snarky, snappish and altogether brusque towards Cutxerk.
    The fastest way to feel comfortable about a thing is to experience it many times in a short period.

Not necessarily the best way, but certainly the fastest.

No, thinking that I have the capacity to be right is a bad thing.  It leads to hubris and pride. 

If I get a swelled head, my hat won'tfit.
  • this album is p tasty there's a nice track in the middle which is like oren ambarchi's 'Knots' gone all dub techno-y
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    if not you, who else?
    did Professor Gator say where he went?

haven't seen him around in a while
  • It will also bring confidence and a sense of satisfaction in your accomplishments.

You are not a person who becomes large. Your hat will remain properly fitted on your head.
    relatedly, i wonder how Gelzo's doing
    ...is it creepy to wonder where past heapers have gone?  probably

oh well
  • edited 2013-10-06 15:16:01
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    if you think about it, thinking that you are incapable of even approaching rightness is probably quite dangerous

it means you don't have to hold your views, or the views of other people, to any kind of standard

but maybe that's what you'd prefer i guess?  i don't know, some people might prefer that.
  • Route 666 said:

One of my problems is that I'm really bad at judging whether I've adequately conveyed playfulness. With, say, Anonus or Section, if I say something snarky, they know I'm just attempting some friendly teasing. With most other people it kinda becomes a problem because they might not be adjusted to my particular brand of humor and take what I say as actual snark? I dunno, this train of thought kinda derailed somewhere.

Really late response, but this is the main reason why I very rarely use sarcasm on the internet.
  • did Professor Gator say where he went?

Gator hangs out on IRC mostly now, he's going through some personal stuff.

idk where Gelzo is.

anyway, I'm five minutes into Kill la Kill and it is the best thing I've seen in a long time.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

It will also bring confidence and a sense of satisfaction in your accomplishments.

You are not a person who becomes large. Your hat will remain properly fitted on your head.
    Yeah, but what if I swell up to the size of NML Cygni!

They don't make hats that big!

I guess maybe I can be right some of the time, but I should still assume that I am wrong; because I tend to be (and that's why it's awesome that I have friends like my fellow heapers). :)

Gator mostly hangs out in the IRC room, but I didn't see him the last few times I logged on IRc either.
    ah

i didn't really like IRC when i went on there

don't know why, just didn't

next time you see Gator maybe send him my best wishes
    and he'll be like, who da fuq?
  • the joys of clever sidechaining abuse
  • ah

i didn't really like IRC when i went on there

don't know why, just didn't

next time you see Gator maybe send him my best wishes

Sure, I'll pass your best wishes along.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This has been a weird day, somehow. Been doing very domestic things.

I might go grab a VCR later and liveblog some old commercials...
    ^^ thanks :)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I feel weird

I haven't done anything particularly entertaining so far this weekend

I wonder if AU would want to watch Back to the Future with me later
  • Route 666 said:

I wonder if AU would want to watch Back to the Future with me later

How do you feel about the line "Where we're going, we don't need roads"?

• edited 2013-10-06 16:05:05
    We can do anything if we do it together.

did Professor Gator say where he went?

Gator mostly hangs out in the IRC room, but I didn't see him the last few times I logged on IRc either.
    Yeah, he hasn't been on IRC too frequently lately. He still pops in here and there, although mostly earlier in the evening. I hope that things will improve for him someday.

Route 666 said:

Also:

I think a lot of that comes from the sheer age difference between Kex and most of the rest of you guys. I think you'll grow more comfortable with him (and vice versa) over time.

• I made a feminism post on Tumblr and the only people who have responded to it so far are MRAs.

:/

Yeah, he hasn't been on IRC too frequently lately. He still pops in here and there, although mostly earlier in the evening. I hope that things will improve for him someday.

Route 666 said:

Also:

I think a lot of that comes from the sheer age difference between Kex and most of the rest of you guys. I think you'll grow more comfortable with him (and vice versa) over time.

Is there really that big of an age difference, though? I mean, Tre and Mo get along with most people here well enough.
  • Cutxerk said:

I made a feminism post on Tumblr and the only people who have responded to it so far are MRAs.

One of them is a blog with a "Bradley Manning" tag. Sounds like a lovely person.
  • edited 2013-10-06 16:39:41
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Cutxerk said:

Route 666 said:

Also:

Is there really that big of an age difference, though? I mean, Tre and Mo get along with most people here well enough.

I can't vouch for Tre, but I think the discussion last night shows that Mo also feels a bit uncomfortable around here at times. I feel bad if I contributed to that in any way.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tre's almost 17, and Mojave's 19. They're about as old as most of the people here...
    and i'm several months older than CA and i still feel like an outsider and less mature than most people here

• I have decided to head to goodwill.also I feel much better than yesterday, so that's good. And now it is deizling again so I'm gonna have to stop typing here...
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • Age diffs what happen what. :o
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    omg Ikaruga on Greenlight

like for realzies, do it. click the thumbs up with the yes next to it
    It's storming here

I went ahead and put my phone on the charger in case the power goes out...

oh god

i was prepared for bizarre/disturbing because nohaynicklibre post

but i was not expecting chargeman ken
    Bluh, they were supposed to start the pavement work for this subdivision tomorrow

I hope the inclement weather doesn't end up throwing a wrench in things, I want this to be done as soon as possible
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    That's because Konata and Ken share surnames, they are both Izumi
    well

you evidently know your animes

i defer to your superior wisdom
  • I ordered pizza and ate a lot of pizza and breadsticks w/ garlic and now I'm stuffed.

prolly gonna feel like shit soon but o well.