The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    except where Touhou is concerned
  • what is it, naegi
  • edited 2013-10-02 19:29:36
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Ludmila said:

god I physically feel awful.

ughghghghgh.

Awful how?  Heart-related?

*hug, if acceptable*
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

man i have not read a novel in ages

i have succumbed to the world of the short story

i blame my 11th and 12th grade english teachers for instilling in me a love of brevity and an economy of language

also the internet for maiming my attention span
    I just prefer short stories in general, for the first reason more than the second, although I will admit that the Internet has not helped my attention span. I think that the novella is ideal: It gives you something to look forward to continuing without dragging on or losing (its or your) core focus.
  • Feel betrayed. Shutdown was supposed eliminate anyone not essential to running a government, but apparently we still have Republicans?

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Blehhhh I missed a lot of foruming because I was off getting into stupid arguments. -_-

Anyway, as for the TVT thing: My general philosophy is that anyone who's made aware of a security exploit and does nothing to even attempt to fix it is not doing their job as an admin and deserves whatever mess they have to clean up because of it.

That said, I do feel sorry for all the other users who've had to suffer due to his incompetence.
  • I actually can't change my passwords on my old accounts because that functionality is limited to unbanned users.

So, someone could hypothetically hack other accounts of mine from there.
  • I actually can't change my passwords on my old accounts because that functionality is limited to unbanned users.

So, someone could hypothetically hack other accounts of mine from there.
  • Blehhhh I missed a lot of foruming because I was off getting into stupid arguments. -_-

Anyway, as for the TVT thing: My general philosophy is that anyone who's made aware of a security exploit and does nothing to even attempt to fix it is not doing their job as an admin and deserves whatever mess they have to clean up because of it.

That said, I do feel sorry for all the other users who've had to suffer due to his incompetence.
    I love how this post also applies to Silk Road.
  • Why would my mother think it's acceptable to throw away food I haven't even started to eat and is in a box?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It's a miracle Silk Road lasted as long as it did with somebody so incompetent running it.
  • Relevant:

So the inventor of "Amazon for drug-dealers" is an anarco-capitalist whiteboy dipshit from Silicon Valley? SHOCKER...

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Blehhhh I missed a lot of foruming because I was off getting into stupid arguments. -_-

In hindsight, and if there were something like HH at the time, I may well have jumped ship in January of 2011, what with Eddie trying to unperson snowbull just because he asked for clarification on how he was "being a dick".
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I wonder if it's weird that I always wanted to write a doorstopper
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Gators with taters
    Wasted 10 bucks on a carnival game and got a little toy. >:(
    Kexruct said:

Relevant:

So the inventor of "Amazon for drug-dealers" is an anarco-capitalist whiteboy dipshit from Silicon Valley? SHOCKER...

Wouldn't an anarcho-capitalist who supports the black market to destabilise the state technically be an agorist? Yeah, nitpicking, but I find anarchism interesting.
    Anarchy time
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Why is it okay to ship two heterosexual male characters together and have them realize the joy in being homosexual and that's the way it was meant to be  and this is who they truly are

but

if you decide to take a lesbian and a homosexual man and have them fall in love and realize the joy of being straight and that's the way it was meant to be and this is who they truly are?

Why is the first one okay; but the second one is "curing" and bad and awful?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    anarchism intrigues me

anarcho-capitalism, not so much
  • edited 2013-10-02 20:18:27
    Aliroz said:

Why is it okay to ship two heterosexual male characters together and have them realize the joy in being homosexual and that's the way it was meant to be  and this is who they truly are

but

if you decide to take a lesbian and a homosexual man and have them fall in love and realize the joy of being straight and that's the way it was meant to be and this is who they truly are?

The relative scarcity of LGBT characters would tend to make the motives behind the latter ship suspect.

Not that this is something i'd seriously argue for or against.

In any case, the former is often little to do with the interests of queer fans and intended more to titillate straight ones, which makes me disinclined to seriously defend it.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ah, the first bag of candy corn of the season

I love this stuff, my family hates it
  • Aliroz said:

but

Because the first, when done well, is supposed to improve representation of LGBT people, and representation in media is pretty bad right now so every little bit helps.

The second carries far too many unfortunate implications of erasure and whatnot.

anarchism intrigues me

anarcho-capitalism, not so much

Yeah.

Aliroz said:

but

Because there are a lot more straight people out there than gay people, and works that produce the most non-canon slash shipping tend to be short on actual gay or bisexual characters.

I'm not keen on either, honestly.
  • Aliroz said:

but

really both of them are shitty IMO because it screws with an important part of a character, but the second one is moreso because there are actually people out there who want to "cure" gay people so there are unfortunate implications there.

Candy corn is goooood. Especially stale.
    Melusina said:

I wonder if it's weird that I always wanted to write a doorstopper

no :)
    Because the latter is a thing that many people with power believe can/should happen, while being rather unlikely, because heterosexuality is the norm that homosexuals are indoctrinated into from birth.
  • I have never had candy corn. :o

Aliroz said:

but

really both of them are shitty IMO because it screws with an important part of a character, but the second one is moreso because there are actually people out there who want to "cure" gay people so there are unfortunate implications there.
    Yeah, totally changing a key aspect of two characters because you want to see them make out is pretty dumb.
    Zersk said:

I have never had candy corn. :o

me neither

i don't think they sell it here
    Zersk said:

Poor boy. You are missing out. :3
    ^^ aww

Zersk said:

me neither

i don't think they sell it here
    I would send you guys candy corn were I able to do so and if you would like me to. Maybe I will...
  • edited 2013-10-02 20:24:56
    Jibjab: Huh! :O

Walpurr: ;-;

Sredder: Aww, the thought is nice, thanks. :3
    Miko and Pyridrym are playing this game, separately (no netplay, sadly) but concurrently.

• Woah. :O And ooh, looks cool. :3
  • edited 2013-10-02 20:30:36

I would send you guys candy corn were I able to do so and if you would like me to. Maybe I will...

that's kind of you to offer, but i couldn't ask you to do that

thanks all the same
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    One thing that bugs me about the whole "stop turning straight characters gay!" thing is that a lot of the time it's aimed at characters who have no defined sexuality in the first place. Sure, if they're shown to be straight, there's a point there. But if they're not, who are you to state that clearly they are and you are going against their orientation?

One thing that bugs me about the whole "stop turning straight characters gay!" thing is that a lot of the time it's aimed at characters who have no defined sexuality in the first place. Sure, if they're shown to be straight, there's a point there. But if they're not, who are you to state that clearly they are and you are going against their orientation?

yeah, this is a good point
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

and so do I
    I wouldn't say candy corn is the bestest candy ever but it's a favorite of mine

And it's one of the few seasonal candies associated with a holiday other than Christmas
  • that is fair

tbh i'm just not a fan of adding more sexuality to stories than they already have, if that makes any sense?
  • Default character thingamajigs. -w-
    Anonus said:

and so do I
    :(
  • Anonus said:

and so do I
    :(
    CAN THEIR LOVE SURVIVE SUCH A SHOCKING REVELATION?

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK
    *DRAMATIC ORGAN MUSIC!*
  • edited 2013-10-02 20:40:52

*CLAP OF THUNDER!*
  • -22nd Century Pop Music-