The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    okay :)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    tin hat

haw haw
  • Commoners can get the Chicken Infested feat, the sole thing they are good for.
    Now imagine your party is standing outside a dungeon, worried about what's inside. Before anyone can react, you've produced enough chickens to fill it to the bursting, until there's not enough room for anyone in there to breathe. Party being chased? Block off a hallway with chickens. Need battlefield alteration? Meet the new 'spell' my commoner can produce as a free action, which I call 'Wall of Chickens'.

Need to cross a ravine or pit? Fill it with chickens. Need to check for traps? There aren't very many traps that won't go off when ten thousand chickens are stampeded over them.

Team up with your wizard. The wizard uses Disintegrate to drop the BBEG in a pit, and you... bury them in chickens. Instantly.

Set up a Teleportation Circle into the BBEG's base. Stand over it. Produce chickens until their base literally explodes.

If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.

It hardly needs to be said, but your party never needs to worry about starving again.

fuckin christ

Oh god, that's hysterical. Almost makes me want to play D&D again.Reminds me of a campaign I sat in on, where the GM tried to lead the party into this valley to setup an ambush. The party just flooded the valley with lava. The look on the GM's face was priceless.
    Odradek said:

The best part of TTGL was that little muppet guy who always beamspammed.

And LordGenome.
    Agreed. Attenborough had some great moments.

Tachyon said:

my university has switched to using an Outlook.com app for student email accounts

this is unfortunate since said app is a pile of shit

Hey, my school uses that now too

It's annoying
    Oh hey, glad to see I'm not the only one who has to suffer through that atrocious program.

as much as it pains me to admit it that one jackass metalhead dude from tvt was right

Timeghoul objectively kicks 238 kinds of ass and i have a hard time coming up with bands that equal their skills, much less surpass them
    Yeah, as much as the guy was a total smeghead at times, I did like his taste in Extreme Metal every now and then. Found a few good bands that way.

German, Linear Algebra, Music Theory and Math-Logic.

I could, perhaps, fit another class in there, but Logic, well, Logic's been quite a struggle this year.

I can't believe that I thought proving 0<1 was so hard a few weeks ago. So naive.
    What did the proof for that end up being? i was kind of curious how you prove that.
  • edited 2013-09-28 01:33:46

Tachyon said:

Kexruct said:

Why does everyone but me know everything

i don't

Sredni might
    I don't. I just absorb a lot of information.
    "I don't know everything, I just know what I know".

dan vs wild

Dan vs Wild Tiger & Bunny

Dan Vs. Kafuka Fuuka.

Fund it!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Spot would be very upset at this treatment of chickens
  • edited 2013-09-28 01:47:52
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    ^^That could be fun to watch. She'd more than likely get caught up in a scheme or two, but it's not likely she'd do anything to raise Dan's ire against her. 
  • edited 2013-09-28 01:55:18
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Justice

How do you feel about me buying Dan
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

As long as there's more episodes and you allow the creators to keep doing exactly what they're doing...

If you end up owning both Dan and MLP, however, I demand more Pinkie X Dan shipping bumps.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Tachyon said:

my university has switched to using an Outlook.com app for student email accounts

this is unfortunate since said app is a pile of shit

Hey, my school uses that now too

It's annoying
    Oh hey, glad to see I'm not the only one who has to suffer through that atrocious program.
    Oh god it's spreading

*grabs sparkly pink princess rifle*

It's time to go Microsoft-hunting
  • Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    Pony
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    It is true. I will marry Pyridrym.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

As long as there's more episodes and you allow the creators to keep doing exactly what they're doing...

If you end up owning both Dan and MLP, however, I demand more Pinkie X Dan shipping bumps.
    I've considered buying Hasbro...
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLAR

MOTHERFUCKER
    I spreaded peanut butter all over my naked body and rolled in monies and then baked myself at 350.
    lol geddit, "baked"
    Pyridrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrydrym
    she went to sleep, which makes miko sad
    j/k she is dreaming of amazing things
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

The above craziness is funny to me for some reason.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Alicorn 1, the first smartphone for otherkin
    So I finally broke down and installed Ubuntu (specifically, Xubuntu) on my new laptop

I worry this was bad of me

even though running ubuntu again was part of why I wanted a new laptop in the first place
  • edited 2013-09-28 10:33:46
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Aliroz said:

Tachyon said:

Dan Vs A Song of Ice and Fire

I hate that series so much.
    i read it when i was about 14 and i can't remember much about it.

If i recall correctly, i liked the first book but was disappointed by the sequels.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Pillows said:

It was not me.

I have more respect for hats than that.

So I finally broke down and installed Ubuntu (specifically, Xubuntu) on my new laptop

even though running ubuntu again was part of why I wanted a new laptop in the first place

i don't follow.  Why would this be bad?
    chocolate-coated bourbon creams
    Well, it's kinda stupid, but...I get these sort of...anxieties, for lack of a better word, when it comes to customizing things beyond their default setups. It feels "impure" to me or something.

So I keep reminding myself that this was literally a factor in why I bought this computer...
    Purity again, huh? :(

i dunno if this helps but perhaps you could also keep reminding yourself that it's only software, not hardware.  You were already a Linuxperson, right?
    squirrels running past my window

i wonder if this will be a common sight here
    That's true...for most of last year, I used Linux almost exclusively, and I only switched back to Windows once my old laptop's hard drive became corrupted to the point where it wouldn't run Linux properly anymore.

Besides, I like the level of customization I get from Linux better than that of Windows...especially Windows 8.

I guess this isn't so bad
    Tachyon said:

squirrels running past my window

i wonder if this will be a common sight here

You know what's a common sight where I live? Rabbits. They're everywhere!
    There are lots of rabbits here, too.

Strangely, i don't often see them back home, even though you'd think it would be the right environment for them.
  • I'd like Linux more if it didn't assume I'm a computer wiz.
    That's the reason i haven't had anything to do with Linux myself.
    Also, I'm less than impressed with the various changes in Windows and UEFI that make it difficult to run any other operating system on a laptop that came preloaded with Windows 8.

I doubt it was Microsoft's intention to block people from running other software--they know damn well that people who want Linux will just disable this crap anyway--but they certainly haven't made any attempt to make it easier on us.
    Kitty's flow is good but her voice irritates me somehow

Also, I'm less than impressed with the various changes in Windows and UEFI that make it difficult to run any other operating system on a laptop that came preloaded with Windows 8.

I doubt it was Microsoft's intention to block people from running other software--they know damn well that people who want Linux will just disable this crap anyway--but they certainly haven't made any attempt to make it easier on us.
    What have they done?

TBH Microsoft has always given me a kind of anti-customization vibe that i can't quite place.

Not as bad as Apple, but still.

What have they done?

TBH Microsoft has always given me a kind of anti-customization vibe that i can't quite place.

Not as bad as Apple, but still.
    The biggest thing is the "Secure Boot" feature, enabled by default on PCs shipped with Windows 8, that refuses to boot any operating system that hasn't been digitally signed. To their credit, Ubuntu has done their best to try and support it, but I still had to end up disabling it to get Xubuntu to run on my Asus.

There's also a bunch of little niggling interface changes. You know how your computer usually says something like "Press F8 to enter Setup" when you first turn it on and that's how you get into your BIOS menu? Well, not anymore! Instead you have to boot to Windows, then hold down Shift while clicking Restart.
    Oh, yuck.

i don't use Windows 8, but everything i've heard about it smacks of the 'developer knows best' mindset that annoys me no end.
  • There's also a bunch of little niggling interface changes. You know how your computer usually says something like "Press F8 to enter Setup" when you first turn it on and that's how you get into your BIOS menu? Well, not anymore! Instead you have to boot to Windows, then hold down Shift while clicking Restart.

Huh? I've never had to do anything like that to get to BIOS...
  • Man.

Having that knowledge would've made installing Fedora on my constantly-experimented-with netbook a hell of a lot easier.
  • also my hair has achieved "huge semi-curly fluffball" status
  • Woke up hungry, ate a bunch of cereal, now I feel sick.
    did you check the milk before pouring?
    marine mollusc exoskeletons: decorative

vertebrate skeletons: morbid and creepy

severed plant genitals: decorative

severed vertebrate genitals: what the fuck is wrong with you?
  • Tachyon said:

did you check the milk before pouring?

There was nothing wrong with the milk.
  • edited 2013-09-28 11:39:53
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

That was not impure.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

marine mollusc exoskeletons: decorative

vertebrate skeletons: morbid and creepy

severed plant genitals: decorative

severed vertebrate genitals: what the fuck is wrong with you?

For swearing, you are banned from Rozburg.

Still, you have a good point.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

Looks just like him.
    i'm surprised i wasn't banned already.