The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Sounds about how my morning went.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I like how this series went from WOW LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BATTLESHIP! KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER, ROOKIE! to... moe robot girls. :p

Last I checked, Fry was pretty open in his disdain for organised (especially monotheistic) religion, particularly when it leads people to do awful things to one another. The issue, of course, comes with the statement that he appears to be defending, which singles out a religion over others.

I don't think it's just the singling out. I mean, coming to the defense of a statement that generalizes about a quarter of the planet is pretty bad already, but adding your own contribution to it is certainly worse.

It just the sort of thing I figured Fry was above.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Justice42 said:

Last I checked, Fry was pretty open in his disdain for organised (especially monotheistic) religion, particularly when it leads people to do awful things to one another. The issue, of course, comes with the statement that he appears to be defending, which singles out a religion over others.

I don't think it's just the singling out. I mean, coming to the defense of a statement that generalizes about a quarter of the planet is pretty bad already, but adding your own contribution to it is certainly worse.

It just the sort of thing I figured Fry was above.

Same. It is particularly disappointing how trite the statement is in comparison to his usual statements on the matter. Really...
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm watching Spy Kids 3-D with my niece. It's pretty much "Nick Arcade: The Movie". 
  • I was at McDonald's for about two hours today and saw the Gravity Falls two-parter. I really need to watch more of that show.

Fan fact: Spy Kids takes place in the same universe as Machete. 

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hi people

I thought I would feel better this morning, but I kinda don't

I still feel worthless and pathetic :\
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    :(
  • awwww

here, you need a kitty

:)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aww, that kitty appears quite fluffy!
    How do other people like me have unconventional interests without feeling bad about it?
  • I know the kinds of stuff I say about otherkin often come off as mean spirited, but may I vent for a moment?
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    was Kim Possible
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Real Life = Playground of whackjobs

Internet = A global insane asylum
    Religious and non-religious people are funny

Not the great kind of course
  • So, Kaitou unfollowed me and now I feel very sad. I just kinda want to lie down right now.

How do other people like me have unconventional interests without feeling bad about it?

I'm not sure if there's a system or anything, but finding others who share in the interest helps.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

why the hell would you feel bad about having unconventional interests?

I'd feel worse about having conventional interests. Seriously.

And you know, picking when to talk about it with people. Talking brony stuff at Build-a-Bear was pretty easy for instance because a lot of the girls there are now rather familiar with the cartoon and they're used to seeing bronies come into the store.

They told me one of the guys who comes into buy the MLP plushies is a Vietnam vet who wheres a Rainbow Dash belt buckle.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Anonus said:

The show, at least
    ....are you planning to get fat albert as your indentured servant or something at a latter point

corporate corruption has gone too far
    Servant? No, no

ah, A&E

Another one of my properties (half of it, but still)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    As for Gravity Falls

Can we bitch about how Disney will lock it up in a decade's time like most of their other TV shows
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I have been compared to Yahtzee before...I wonder if this is a bad thing

...I can kinda see that, somehow.
    No, Imipolex, that is a bad thing.

Then again, we have been not-friends for a while.
  • Yahtzee's alright.  When I cared about him, though, I found his "Extra Punctuation" bits more interesting than the "Zero Punctuation" reviews, though, since the former was him talking earnestly and the latter him playing a character.
    1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;

3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;

4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;

5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;

6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;

8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;

9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;

10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;

11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;

14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;

15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;

16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
    Y'know something always bugged me: Joseph wasn't really Jesus' father per se, so wouldn't it make more sense if Mary was the descendent of Abraham? I guess you couldn't have that because of The Patriarchy or something

Then again, we have been not-friends for a while.
    :/

*hugs my bestie k.o.*

1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;

3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;

4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;

5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;

6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;

8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;

9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;

10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;

11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;

14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;

15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;

16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
    Y'know something always bugged me: Joseph wasn't really Jesus' father per se, so wouldn't it make more sense if Mary was the descendent of Abraham? I guess you couldn't have that because of The Patriarchy or something
    Honestly this bugged me, too.

Maybe God supposedly borrowed some genes from Joseph? 
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Ha-ka-ta no SHIO!
  • edited 2013-08-24 17:47:06
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DONPACHI :O
  • edited 2013-08-24 17:53:47
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I have only seen the fourth boss once and that was like months ago. I don't know how I got there with so many cheap-shots all over the place. The number one way to die in this stage is an enemy zipping in from the side or bottom of the screen and kamikaze-killing you. :o
    Being ____ doesn't make you better than a _____ person.
    weep boings
    hannahz
    doopa
    cool
  • This is why they say you should never meet your heros, folks:

Oh my God. FUCK. I actually liked Stephen Fry. FUCK.

:/

shit

shitshitshitshitSHIT
  • Stephen

Stephen what are you doing

Staaaaaaaaaaaaahp
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-08-24 18:27:20
    and SOPA's apparently risen from the ashes too

I think I might be in one of those "screw everything" moods again now. Fantastic.
    I WONDER IF THIS COPY OF THIS 18-YEAR-OLD JAPANESE ARCADE GAME IS ILLEGAL LOL
    :D

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I know the kinds of stuff I say about otherkin often come off as mean spirited, but may I vent for a moment?

What's on your mind Kexruct?

Spinor summed up what I was going to say.

Because it means I'm defective
    who the hell is stephen fry and why should I care

No, it means you are an interesting individual, is all
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Interests and how you go about them do not make you defective. Sure your interest in signage and roads is something I don't see often, but personally I'm glad to get that sort of talk from you. Conventional or unconventional, intense or casual, there's nothing wrong with liking what you like however you like it.
    i don't know much about stephen fry except he was in v for vendetta
    V for Vendetta was a pretty good movie, prefer the comic though