The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Naney said:

I actually downloaded it just to double check before posting it, and eeeyup.

I downloaded it just to see the context and wow...
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

...be grinning tonight.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sometimes I just randomly browse Google Maps, then link to anything I find interesting in IRC.

For some reason, though, I prefer to look at areas I vaguely know but am not intimately familiar with. I worry this means I'm a boring person.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    How can you possibly be a transgendered bisexual autistic alicorn princess and be boring
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Imiiii stop saying sigworthy things

Anyway, I just kinda worry that preferring to look at areas I have at least a vague personal knowledge of means I'm afraid to go outside my comfort zone or something
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Why do I hear "I'm in Love with My Car" in my head when I see this line? :P
    man the state of web browsers is weird right now

first Opera decided to ditch their Presto engine in favor of WebKit and base future Opera releases on Chromium

then the Chrome developers announced that they're forking WebKit as "Blink"

so since Opera's new stuff is based on Chromium it's going to use Blink as well

meanwhile Firefox continues to have no selling points aside from "at least we're not Internet Explorer", which hasn't been effective in like 4 years
    I use Firefox, does that mean I'm boring
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lee4hmz said:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/127116/article.html?page=7

Oh, 2006, you were so cute in retrospect. MySpace, the worst site on the Internet...there was no Reddit or Tumblr back then, obviously.

Reddit did exist, in fact they were bought out by Advance/Condé Nast that year.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    IE 10 has a better spell checker than Chrome, I'd be using it if websites didn't have a habit of dying when loaded on it.

I use Firefox, does that mean I'm boring

No

Honestly sometimes I consider switching back to Firefox because it feels "solid" to me

But the more recent versions are annoyingly slow and bloated-seeming on this computer

AU: Well, they hadn't acquired the "armpit of the Internet" status they have now yet. Back in 2006, people were still digesting the existence of 4chan.
  • Firefox seems to be about as fast as chrome as of late.

I switch between the two due to add-ons and stuff.
    Okay, this is supposed to be Harry Potter, but...

HI JOHN XD

(Yeah, yeah, that cake is from 2009 and Homestuck was only a few months old at the time, but still.)
    I dunno, maybe it's just because I'm using a laptop with only 3GB of memory and I have a lot of stuff open at once

But whenever I open Firefox, it always pops up, then hangs for the better part of a minute before I can actually use it. And disabling extraneous add-ons doesn't seem to help.
    While Firefox is not quite as fast as I'd like, it isn't that slow for me.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    habbo hotel
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-06-01 03:00:58
    So it's 3 AM and thanks to the magic of cross platform marketing I'm excited for a movie about radioactive racing cartoon snails even though I'm pretty positive it's going to be terrible

Ah well, I guess that's what happens when you let yourself get wrapped up by advertising

#turbo
    wow, it's half a year now
    We finally got the part for my brother's Range Rover, and I took it down the street and back to see if it would stop throwing an error it was having. The thing is big. It's like driving a moving van. :P
    hur
    spelunker
    My stickers won't stick to my things.

#firstworldproblems
    If a sticker won't stick, can it truly be called a sticker?
    It could be called a useless sticker or something like that.
  • If a sticker won't stick, can it truly be called a sticker?

If a band-aid doesn't aid, can it be called an aid?

If a Nap doesn't kin, can it be called a Napkin?

That would be a Napcan't.
    Is my obsession with Chrysler bad?
  • That would be a Napcan't.

Napcan't or Napwon't?
    Amy Keating Rogers used to write for PPG

She appears to have written "The Bare Facts"
  • edited 2013-06-01 04:43:23
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Also: seeing Tara Strong credited under her maiden name of Charendoff is strange to me...
    Anonus said:Is my obsession with Chrysler bad?

Oh, definitely. I mean, I've been obsessed with Chrysler since I was 5 and look how
    I turned out.

Anonus said:

Amy Keating Rogers used to write for PPG

She appears to have written "The Bare Facts"

Man, I love that episode. It's great seeing how each girl has her own take on the story.
  • Anonus said:

Man, I love that episode. It's great seeing how each girl has her own take on the story.

Also notice how Blossom's story is the only one animated in the show's usual style.
    ^^ I didn't say it was unique, just that it was fun to see.

^ I noticed that too.

Anonus said:

Oh, definitely. I mean, I've been obsessed with Chrysler since I was 5 and look how I turned out.

Heh.

So I drove down Karl Road earlier.

It's under construction, so they have it closed northbound and only a single lane open southbound.

It's very surreal, somehow, to drive through in the dark...you're coming down this pavement just wide enough for one car, with a line of orange barrels to your left to guide you along, each one topped with a steady-burning amber light...
  • Knight of Centralia | May those who accept their fate find happiness, may those who defy it find glory.
    *reclines*
  • edited 2013-06-01 06:39:26
    Anonus said:

Obsession? How so?

Speaking of Chrysler, I've recently learned that circa 2006 cars of theirs have this problem with the automatic transmissions where the lever will lock up at some point.
    Kevin Might Get High

Anonus said:

Obsession? How so?

Speaking of Chrysler, I've recently learned that circa 2006 cars of theirs have this problem with the automatic transmissions where the lever will lock up at some point.
    Well

I want a PT Cruiser and I want to pretend to buy Chrysler

Anyway, that sounds like a shitty defect, even if I never knew what a transmission was

Kevin Might Get High

Well Said, Yorick Xavier
  • edited 2013-06-01 07:39:16
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Watch out, 'cause here we come!
    It's been a while but we're back with style
    So get set to have some fun
    We'll bring you action and satisfaction

...wow i never realized how generically inane these lyrics were
    I just looked in the alice_is_loopy tag and oh god look which two threads are together:

IT MUST BE A SIGN
    why am i listening to alvin and the chipmunks at 9 am
    Well, at least it was better than the hold music I'm listening to now
    Hahaha it turns out the reason my financial aid didn't pay out was because I technically already graduated and thus wasn't eligible

So basically I have to declare a major again just to take this *one* class then I can transfer

I hope this doesn't fuck anything up, but otherwise I can't attend class this summer and if I can't afford class this summer I have to start repaying my previous loans and god why did I have to be born in America
  • why did I have to be born in America
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • have you ever seen album art that is so awesome that you know whatever music is on the CD must be awesome as well?

• John Cougar Mellencamp makes me wonder who the hell thought Cougar would be a good middle name, stage name or otherwise

Needless to say, mentioning his name makes me guffaw