The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm pretty sure any TV that has a digital ATSC tuner has an analog NTSC tuner, too, but I guess it's three years too late to be giving you that advice.

Anyways, I remember that WTTE and WWHO went ahead and shut off their analog signals on the original date of 17 February. I think the rest waited all the way till the 12 June deadline, including WBNS, who launched their digital 10.2 "Doppler 10 Now" on the same day.

I remember thinking it was weird that WTTE and WSYX didn't shut down their analog signals on the same day.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...what are those two like?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    WSYX and WTTE, you mean? Well for one, their newscasts are pretty much identical, though I suppose that's to be expected. From what I remember their on-air branding is pretty similar, too.

I remember being irritated that whenever WTTE breaks in for severe weather or something, WSYX's "ABC 6" logo is used onscreen.
    Now I'm thinking of KTVD's newscasts all being branded as "9News", just like KUSA's.
    Well, ok, they at least use "ABC 6 News" (or the longer "ABC 6 on your side") and "Fox 28 News", but that's where the differences end.
    I don't know if Aerial would fit Columbus/WSYX.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Money money money
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    You use it to purchase goods and services
  • edited 2012-01-15 00:08:27
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    11111 get because why not?

god i'm tired
  • Me Too. But can't sleep.
    Same here.
    I'm not tired, because I let myself sleep until 3 in the afternoon.

I am so glad this is a 3-day weekend though.
  • Me Too. I rejoined Beyond The Lampshade.
    Man we need to get Bunny and Idler over here so I can be DONE with TVT
  • Damn straight. I'll see if I can cajole Bunny over.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Naney: whywouldyoudothat.jpg :/

AU: Well, just from the number of things that the 2015 scenes got right. The retro-80s cafe, the cars (the police car looks rather shockingly like my 2010 Prius), firing someone over the video phone (though there's fewer fax machines and more inkjet printers now), even some of the feel of the time, though some of that may well be self-fulfilling.

• Blixty has been banned.

• Speaking of done with TVT, I have gotten myself banned.

I feel strangely calm. I'm guessing the hysterics will follow shortly.

• I saw that. Upsetting.
  • How'd you get yourself banned? did you ask?
  • Pony Avenue: now that Juan's around, we'd be near 100% completion if Idler showed up. (Yes, the Trash Heap is Pokemon.)

You wish Cheerilee had been able to tell you what Princess Celestia told theoriginal Crusaders the day she created cutie marks, because there's clearly something you're missing here. 

Huh. Is this common fanon or something unique to Hoofstuck?
  • Naney: Went on a rant about how much I hate the site and the staff and all of the people on it. Total bullshit of course, but if I just *asked* they'd let me back in as soon as I asked them too, which would be a week at the absolute most.

So now I'm permanently gone. 

I'm not sure what to do now. TVTropes was my big timekiller. 

Basically, you committed TVT suicide.

That takes some guts. Well, you can kill time here.
  • Hmmm... I'll suicide by mod at some point, probably whenever I can find some other place to hang with Bunny.
  • People think I was being serious with the rant.

Now I just feel like a dick. Well, I was being a dick, that was the point.

Goddammit I could've just ASKED somebody. I'm a fucking moron.

...those of you who still have your accounts would probably be better off LeechBlocking the site or something.

Also BTL fits my mood right now. There seem to be more threads there about fixing the site, which interest me for some reason.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Eh, suiciding is lame. If I leave the site for good, I'll probably do it the way I leave most places -- by just not showing up.
  • I hate BTL more than I hate TVT. 

Not going there any time soon.

Eh, suiciding is lame. If I leave the site for good, I'll probably do it the way I leave most places -- by just not showing up.

If I could do that I would've a long time ago.

• If you don't mind saying, why do you hate BTL more?
  • Because it's a site dedicated specifically to picking apart another site, which is rather self-righteous if you ask me.

Speaking of which Rumetzen's just called me such. I'm not self-righteous, am I?

I don't want to be.

• Can someone tell them they can still reach me here and like

link them or something.

• No problem. It also helps give people a place to go when they inevitably tire of TVT, so it's a win-win.
  • I just gave Bunny a PM asking if he wanted to hang here instead of TVT.
  • I finally shelled for an SA account, and I've had trouble converting to the style there. AKA you can be harsh without being warned and/or banned by the moderation. I keep being way too passive aggressive. Old habits from TVTropes, I guess. 
  • @ CA: Bunny will PM you shortly.
    Yep, I got his PM and responded. ^_^
  • ^^^ Wish I had $10 to pony up and try it out.
  • I would try SA if I thought I would like it there. But I don't think I would.

There's also the issue of me not knowing how to pay for things online.

Online payments are usually done through a debit or credit card. Or PayPal.

But yeah, I don't think I'd be a good fit for SA, either.
  • edited 2012-01-15 01:23:56
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vorpy's basically calling me insignificant in TU.

Naive of me, probably, but I thought we were friends....

• Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I don't see any reason to pay to talk to a bunch of people I don't know.

Which sounds very insular, I guess.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    No way

it's guzzlin' CHEETAH BLOOD
    Yeah, it is.

I kind of like that, though.
  • I don't.

I think it speaks to my need for constant social interaction that it bothers me as much as it does.

god damn do I need a therapist.

• edited 2012-01-15 01:29:01

Not sure if I can get Bunny to come over here. :<

(*Takes 20 on his diplomacy check*)

Hope this works....