The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• TreTre
    edited 2013-02-28 00:18:30
    So Crystal D's Tomb Raider reboot doesn't look half bad but I don't think I'm gonna play it.

Realistic neck impalement in video games: definitely not my thing. Poor Lara. :/
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    does Lara still have...

those
  • Not as obviously as they were in the 90s but they are there, yes.
    (has never played Tomb Raider)
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I know this answer is many pages late, but yes I am serious about the whole energy drink giving heart attacks thing.
  • Caffeine is actually discouraged by Seventh-Day Adventists, so I've never touched the stuff (which makes me a rarity at this college).
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Naney said:

it's $6.93 on iTunes

Cool.

I drink too many caffeinated beverages, but my excessive computer use is probably worse for my sleep than that.

Two Face said:

I know this answer is many pages late, but yes I am serious about the whole energy drink giving heart attacks thing.

That really sucks. You must be really sensitive to stimulants.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    On a different note: Otters! They are so very expressive and fluffy.
    so who knows Japanese and can tell me what all this means
  • Tumblr says it's announcing a novel, Image CD and a webcomic.

Now it's officially a franchise.
    hmm
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's what my cutie mark is telling me
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

The majesty of your personal charm spreads throughout the cosmos. Legend will speak of a great CHAMPION OF PULCHRITUDE. Scribes will scrawl His praises. Bards will wail His glories. Poets will bleed their inkwells dry and weep them full again. Men of character will breathe this story their passion; as warrior blows white conk on jagged rock; as paramour puts flushed lip to lover's mouth. Men of spirit aflame, open of shirt and snug of pantaloon; rose-breasted men with swiveling hips, nimble legs and restless hearts; men whose vehemence of temperament fills their throats with melody, their footwork with rhythm. The fiery cluck of learned, genteel men as these will pique the ear with tales of this Champion. 

A Champion, who by mettle of His glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe.

Praise Yahweh and Yahshua
    Kaboomzzz
    Hayedeh and Mahasti
  • edited 2013-02-28 04:58:05
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I had a bizarre but fun dream just now. (crossposted from Tumblr)

My brother and I were dreaming together somehow, and we decided to go on a tour of various other possible dreams. We started at home, where we inadvertently pissed off our dad, then went out back after a big snowstorm. We found that Dad had written a prayer in the newfallen snow before he’d left for work. We left messages of apology in the snow, hoping they’d still be there when he got back, and continued on our way.

For some reason, there was a path that led directly from our back yard down into a wooded area, so of course we followed that.Along the way we met a couple said to be our new neighbors (though they lived in a house that burned down in 2010 in real life), and we passed by a horse in a horse-drawn sleigh. That’s, like, slavery or something.

Somehow the two of us ended up taking an automobile tour of the American educational system, driving past various schools and looking inside while I gave a sappy monologue. This was brought to a sudden end when I inadvertently drove the car inside an elementary school and ended up at a dead end in a hallway by the restrooms  My brother and I were trying to decide whether to back the car up or just proceed on foot when we noticed smoke through a window and ran out the door.

It was now a hot sunny day and we were in a somewhat urban-looking area. A block away, a multi-story building—I think it was either an office building or some kind of educational institution, though it was never quite clear—was on fire. Emergency vehicles were parked all across the street as firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze.

My brother, inexplicably, ran toward the fire to get a closer view of what was going on, so I ran after him. Once we’d gotten up to where the fire trucks were, I became very suspicious—we were walking directly into a dangerous area, and the police officers who were around had done nothing to stop us. I turned to my brother and delivered George Lucas’s words of wisdom: “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

The whole thing was very fast-paced and nonsensical, but the idea of taking a tour of various dreams is something my imagination can run with.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

For some reason, there was a path that led directly from our back yard down into a wooded area, so of course we followed that.Along the way we met a couple said to be our new neighbors (though they lived in a house that burned down in 2010 in real life), and we passed by a horse in a horse-drawn sleigh. That’s, like, slavery or something.
    Don't tell me you've forgotten about the horse-drawn horse-drawn carriages!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I thought of that, too, albeit only after the fact.
  • breaktiem
    apple
    Hmm...is it true that the north of England is cheaper than the central or south? Because I'm not sure about my boyfriend's advice...
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Two Face said:

Hmm...is it true that the north of England is cheaper than the central or south? Because I'm not sure about my boyfriend's advice...

In this area (west Texas) the most enduring comic on any newspaper page for the past 40, 50 years? Has been Andy Capp.

And I don't think its readers here realize that it's set in North England. 
    We keep getting enough snow to make driving a pain, but never enough snow to make the people in charge say "fuck it, we're shutting down for the day."

I assume the weather pegasi are fucking with me. >_<
  • Back, future is still inhabited by 12 Monkeys, even though that was a Red Herring to throw off the real culprit.
  • Back, future is still inhabited by 12 Monkeys, even though that was a Red Herring to throw off the real culprit.

and a good eve to you as well
    Hi Cynicalclock!

While you were gone I discovered the joys of Raocow. ^_^
    i am tired of hearing about the pope

i get that it's a historic thing since it hasn't happened in centuries, but i kinda resent this assumption that i care about a church i don't belong to
  • I resent the assumption that I support him and his pedophile-covering ass just because I was raised catholic.
  • i am tired of hearing about the pope

i get that it's a historic thing since it hasn't happened in centuries, but i kinda resent this assumption that i care about a church i don't belong to
  • Hi Cynicalclock!

While you were gone I discovered the joys of Raocow. ^_^
    Unfortunately, I'm a little bit more truer to name this incarnation around, my love of raocow is a mere shallow husk from what it used to be, not that I don't enjoy watching his videos anymore, but it would be a lie to put me in the line-up of cheerleaders that supports him.
    Hello, Clock

Haven't seen you for ages

i am tired of hearing about the pope

best pope
    As a Protestant, I resent the notion that the son of God who was on Earth to offer the free gift of salvation, and doing so as one of the common people and wearing common clothes, is supposed to be represented by a man who claims infallibility and dons gold raiments while most of his followers don't know if they can feed their families the next day. 
    @Clocky: Aww. :<

On an unrelated note, I find it kinda funny that Americans and the British both refer to cheap cellophane tape by genericized trademarks: For us it's "Scotch tape", for them it's "Sellotape".
  • Two Face said:

Hello, Clock

Haven't seen you for ages

I haven't seen you for some time either, let's compare notes for the gaps in time where we hadn't interacted.
    Chollima is upset. She moved her box house to the front of the cage where the door is to let me know this. 
  • the emotion of confusion expressed in song.

confusion isn't an emotion fucknuts.
  • Confucius was the father of modern emoticons, you could pay him a little respect.
  • edited 2013-02-28 08:01:34
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

WAHOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    i think i'm gonna try xkit instead of missing e, even though purity says i shouldn't
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't use either plugin
    That's because you're a weirdo. :P

I think I might stick with Xkit for the time being, even if it seems a tiny bit slower, because it actually seems to have been updated for the latest Tumblr redesign, unlike Missing E.
  • Returning has left me sleepy, I shall find two notebooks and address this problem with scientific prowess.