The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think I'm over my bizarre little two-day freakout now.

You'd think I'd have learned by this point that thinking about socioeconomic inequality and its effects on me shortly after wrecking my circadian rhythm into the ground only leads to pain.

It doesn't seem like the moral of this story should apply all that often, but somehow it does.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, the realization that being stuck with a shitty computer means I can bitch about it with impunity probably helped. :P
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    *hugs*
    *hugs back, I guess*
  • *hugs thread*
    GROUP HUG! ^_^
  • I need one.

*hugs all*
    *hugs Tools*
    I wish there was an Anonus in my house

I love Anonuses
    I love Central Avenues too...
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I wish my boyfriend were still here... :(
  • Got FL back up and running.

don't have any of my amples or vsts or old projects yet tho

maybe i will make some chiptune-y stuff
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Naney said:

Got FL back up and running.

don't have any of my amples or vsts or old projects yet tho

maybe i will make some chiptune-y stuff
    Really

what's your preference, SID, Gameboy, NES, PC-Engine, Yamaha?
    Urge to bash head on keyboard rising

I get the feeling that because my computer knows I want to replace it, it's given up on even attempting to please me

How the hell does Shockwave Flash crash when I'm not even playing any Flash video
    Maybe something using Shockwave Flash was running.

Also Flash Player keeps bugging me to update it, I keep telling it "REMIND ME LATER".
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Urge to bash head on keyboard rising

I get the feeling that because my computer knows I want to replace it, it's given up on even attempting to please me

How the hell does Shockwave Flash crash when I'm not even playing any Flash video
    Happens to me in Chrome. Constantly. That's not all it does. 

Usually when I'm on the computer here I'm in Comic Studio drawing. Comic Studio is a totally standalone software with nothing tying it to a browser or anything else. Anyway, around every minutes or so Comic Studio locks up, does the little twirly thing with the cursor for about 2-3 minutes and then lets me get back to work. Very annoying.

Anyway, a few days ago I got sick of flash crashing in Chrome and just disabled it. I went back to work drawing and noticed that the timely lockup didn't occur anymore. I turned Flash back on and boom, it was back.

Fucking Shockwave Flash is locking up a wholly separate software through a web browsing software. This this also a failure on Windows' part for letting this even happen, but damn. That's just ridiculous. 
    My primary browser is Chrome. All but a handful of sites (mostly video sites) have FlashBlock enabled on them.
  • Flash blows. Why was it ever popular?
  • IN OTHER NEWS: I have obtained War and Peace.

I'm kind of scared to start it.
    Kexruct said:

Flash blows. Why was it ever popular?

It was a smart and pioneering technology for the time -- over 12 years ago 

and its overstayed its welcome far too long 

it stares into your soul
  • Jeez, I want to respond to some stuff in this thread, but I don't think I should.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Went to Wendy's

Got a cup with their new logo thingy
    Naney said:

I think i've finally found a straight-up hip-hop artist that really clicks with me.
    is this actually about Virginia Woolf
  • edited 2013-02-26 22:13:40
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Hi Imi

I'm thinking about making more acquisitions even though I just bought AMC Networks as well as KOFY-TV and WMYD
    you buy this shit but do you actually do anything with it
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, I haven't watched any of MLP season three past "BABS SEED" not counting the apple family reunion episode.

Thus, I shall be leaving the internet for a week or two to watch the season and avoid spoiler.

Good-bye, Heapers, Haberdashers, and Hidden Heirresses.

RESURGAM.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm ripping my A! DVDs to H.264 again. I remember trying this a while ago, and it was so slow on my G4 Mac mini that I just stopped bothering. (That's a good indicator of just how long ago this was.) On this machine, it flies at 80 FPS.
    Aliroz_ said:

So, I haven't watched any of MLP season three past "BABS SEED" not counting the apple family reunion episode.

Thus, I shall be leaving the internet for a week or two to watch the season and avoid spoiler.

Good-bye, Heapers, Haberdashers, and Hidden Heirresses.

RESURGAM.

Rainbow Pie dies
    lee4hmz said:

I'm ripping my A! DVDs to H.264 again. I remember trying this a while ago, and it was so slow on my G4 Mac mini that I just stopped bothering. (That's a good indicator of just how long ago this was.) On this machine, it flies at 80 FPS.

Do you have all the sets?

I have the first three...

Fort Pitt Tunnel
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I have the first three, myself. I'm going to get Volume 4 when I have the money.
  • But The Human Genome Project is like uber-important :|

Not important enough to it's investors it seems. $9.00 per citizen? Please. That's already 675% too high.

Then, like, how come all the people I know have decent phones?

Debt and parental extortion.
    Oh what do we have here

2 possibilities: 
    • This guy is actually an E-3 on his first (and last) enlistment. Wearing a uniform while wading into politics -- any kind of politics -- is a court-martial offense. Doesn't matter if it's singing about the war or protesting it. If that's the case and this photo was recent, he's sitting in a brig somewhere at this moment. 
    • This guy was kicked out on a bad conduct discharge or worse. 
    • This guy finished his enlistment, but fucked up because he obviously doesn't have a good conduct medal. Technically, they can't touch him anymore but if he has benefits left over (doubtful, as it usually requires nothing less than an Honorable discharge to collect on them, such as the GI Bill) then they can yank them. 
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-26 22:54:26

For shame. Nobody in their right mind uses MySpace.
  • Naney said:

I think i've finally found a straight-up hip-hop artist that really clicks with me.
    Sadistik is a Slug clone tho.
  • It all starts when a timid daydreamer named Tre Listman accepts a thugged-out dizzle date from Fillmore Jr yo. Highz resident biatch bee Lilly. When thangs go awry, Tre leaves mortified n' runs ta tha Galleria Mall fo' realz. After a funky-ass bit too much root brew n' a gangbangin' freak accident involvin a hustlin cart n' a funky-ass bad idea, Tre findz his dirty ass up in tha Galleria afta closin hours... n' therez no way out.

Naturally, Tre don't take dis too well yo, but his worries is straightened up by Da Crew, a ragtag crew of seven misfits whoz ass live up in tha mall every last muthafrakkin night. But tha groupz not alone, props ta tha mallz overzealous rent-a-cop crew, led by Carl Weisberger, a particularly stiff n' rude guard wit a funky-ass bit too much dedication ta his thang. In addition, there may straight-up well be some muthafrakka else entirely pullin all tha strings behind everyonez backs...

Illest ly, Tre n' tha Crew gots a reeeeally big-ass problem on they hands, n' therez not a god damn thang they can do but escape tha strange throez of tha Galleria fo' realz. And even thatz easier holla'd than done.

It aint nuthin but funny, weird, wild, ridiculous, romantic, noir, adventurous, mysterious, dramatic, tragic, n' one frakkin' dope ride-- itz Stuck all up in tha Galleria!
    Da station signed on tha air fo' tha straight-up original gangsta time on May 5, 1949, as Uptown Californiaz second-crazy oldschool TV station, behind Associated Broadcasters' KPIX (channel 5, later sold ta Westsideinghouse Broadcasting). In fact, KPIX had a hand up in gettin KGO-TV on tha air, as tha CBS-affiliated (and now CBS-owned) station produced deetzal programmin on how tha fuck ta receive n' view ABCz channel 7. KGO-TVz original gangsta studios was located up in tha renovated Sutro Mansion atop Mount Sutro up in San Francisco, next ta tha transmitter tower it shared wit KPIX.

Channel 7 was tha fourth original gangsta ABC-owned n' operated TV station ta sign-on, afta outlets up in New York, Chicago n' Detroit. KGO-TV is ABCz crazy oldschool O&O station up in California, as its sista station KECA-TV (now KABC-TV) up in Los Angelez did not sign on tha air until September 1949. In addition, it is tha only ABC station ta keep its original gangsta call letters, which was inherited from KGO radio (810 AM n' 103.7 FM, now KKSF). In addizzle ta airin ABC programming, KGO-TV also aired syndicated programs from tha Paramount Television Network fo' realz. Among tha Paramount programs aired was Time For Beany,[1] Hollywood Reel,[2] Sandy Dreams,[3] Hollywood Wrestling,[4] n' Cowboy G-Men.[5]

Channel 7 had a limited broadcastin schedule durin its first year on tha air. It wasn't until September 1950 dat tha station announced, up in tha San Francisco Chronicle, dat it would finally broadcast seven minutes a week.[6] For much of tha 1950s, tha station signed on late up in tha morning, especially on tha weekends.

In 1954, KGO-TV moved ta one of da most thugged-out modern broadcastin facilitizzles on tha Westside Coast (at tha time), at 277 Golden Gate Avenue. This buildin was torn down between 2010 n' 2011.

For nuff years, Saturdizzle programmin fuckin started wit Mack Normanz Ghetto of Toys, a ghettofab childrenz program hosted by tha balla of a San Francisco toy store, Norman Rosenberg.[7] Born up in 1918, Rosenberg was a gangbangin' forma naval officer when his thugged-out lil' punk-ass fuckin started tha program up in 1954, joined by his ho Doris as Page Joy. It ran until 1961. Da Rosenbergs eventually owned a cold-ass lil chain of 21 stores up in three states. Doris Rosenberg took a dirt nap from colon cizzla on January 10, 2009, all up in tha age of 85.[8]

As a ABC O&O station, KGO-TV originizzled some daytime network shows, includin programs hosted by fitnizz advocate Jack La Lanne, thug Tennessee Ernie Ford, n' gangbangin muthafucka Gypsy Rose Lee. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Syndicated game shows Oh My fuckin Word n' Da Anniversary Game was produced at KGO-TV fo' Circle Seven Productions. In tha mid-1950s, KGO-TV telecast live weeknight variety shows hosted by KSFO disc jockey Don Sherwood, until Sherwood was fired fo' bustin a polistical commentary up in defiizzle of a warnin from tha stationz management. Today, KGO-TV broadcasts from studios at 900 Front Street, which it has occupied since 1985. It shares tha facilitizzle wit KGO Radio (AM 810), KSFO n' KMKY, although tha forma two is now owned by Cumulus Media.[9]

In September 1962, KGO fuckin started carryin ABCz first color program, tha animated series Da Jetsons, followed by Da Flintstones. In tha mid-1960s KGO became tha straight-up original gangsta Bizzle Area station ta transmit local programs up in compatible color, includin its newscasts.

For most of its existence, KGO-TV was tha only network-owned-and-operated station up in tha Bizzle Area, even all up in tha time when ABC was goin all up in ballazhip chizzlez when Capital Citizzles Communications looted up ABC n' merged wit tha network up in 1985 before bein sold ta Deez'nuts up in 1996 fo' realz. As such, tha station did not heavily pre-empt network programmin unlike its local competitors and its sista stations-like fuckin Philadelphiaz WPVI-TV, Houstonz KTRK-TV n' Fresnoz KFSN-TV -- which was known fo' bustin so up in dem days. Da distinction ended up in 1995 when nuff muthafuckin other stations over tha next ten muthafuckin years became network-owned stations-notably KBHK (todizzlez KBCW) becomin a cold-ass lil charter gangmember of UPN (which tha stationz then-balla was a partner in), KPIX becomin a CBS O&O n' KNTV becomin a STD O&O, up in dat order. (Az of 2007, some exceptions ta dis policy may be busted when breakin shizzle events and selected ABC Game programs warrant exclusive coverage, up in which case Granite Broadcastin Corporationz independent station, KOFY, may pick up tha pre-empted ABC programmin scheduled fo' tha time period.) After ABC sold WXYZ up in Detroit ta Scripps Howard up in 1986 as part of tha Capital Cities/ABC merger, KGO-TV went on ta be tha longest hustlin ABC O&O outside of New York, Los Angelez n' Chicago.
    Jizzy Augusta Aloysius Joyce (2 February 1882 - 13 January 1941) was a Irish novelist n' poet, considered ta be one of da most thugged-out influential writas up in tha modernist avant-garde of tha early 20th century. Joyce is dopest known fo' Ulysses (1922), a landmark work up in which tha episodez of Homerz Odyssey is paralleled up in a array of contrastin literary styles, like most prominent among these tha stream of consciousnizz technique he perfected. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! This type'a shizzle happens all tha time. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. Other major works is tha short-story collection Dubliners (1914), n' tha novels A Portrait of tha Artist as a Young Man (1916) n' Finnegans Wake (1939) yo. His complete oeuvre also includes three bookz of poetry, a play, occasionizzle journalism, n' his thugged-out lil' published letters.

Joyce started doin thangs ta a middle class gang up in Dublin, where he excelled as a student all up in tha Jesuit schools Clongowes n' Belvedere, then at Universitizzle College Dublin. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. In his wild lil' fuckin early twentizzles he emigrated permanently ta continental Europe, livin up in Trieste, Paris n' Zurich. Though most of his thugged-out adult thuglife was spent abroad, Joycez fictionizzle universe do not extend far beyond Dublin, n' is populated largely by charactas whoz ass closely resemble gang members, enemies n' playaz from his cold-ass time there; Ulysses up in particular is set wit precision up in tha streets n' alleywayz of tha hood. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Shortly afta tha publication of Ulysses he elucidated dis preoccupation somewhat, saying, "For mah dirty ass, I always write bout Dublin, cuz if I can git ta tha heart of Dublin I can git ta tha heart of all tha ghettoz of tha ghetto. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! In tha particular is contained tha universal."[1]
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    i be a scientist - i seek ta understand me
    all of mah impuritizzles n' evils yet unknown
    i be a journalist - i write ta you ta sheezy you
    i be a incurable
    and not a god damn thang else behaves like me

and i know whatz right
    but i'm losin sight
    of tha clues fo' which i search n' chizzle
    to abuse
    to just unlock mah mind
    yeah, n' just unlock mah mind

i be a pharmacist