The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Sometimes I wish I were left-handed

I don't know why
    Because uniqueness, however arbitrary, feels good.
  • I am left-handed.

Also I had Ossan draw this as a belated christmas present to you lot

~tripadelic~

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well yes, but...

I'm a transgendered bisexual autistic sadomasochistic Linux-using atheist roadgeek pegasister.

How much more "unique" do I need to get?
  • Well yes, but...

I'm a transgendered bisexual autistic sadomasochistic Linux-using atheist roadgeek pegasister.

learn five languages
  • Well yes, but...

You need to be left handed.

Obviously.
  • i'm a dude that likes shit

i try
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i am also left-handed.

And unremarkable in every other respect.
  • I've decided that if I actually start writing stuff I'll have all my protagonists be left handed. Because reasons.
  • You know I like this picture but sorta feel it dosen't work as an avatar.
  • a8 said:

i am also left-handed.

And unremarkable in every other respect.

White, blue eyes, pretentious teenager, victim complex, yep, left handedness is my only unique trait too.

It captures your personality quite well.

dye it pink, problem solved
    It is a cool picture.

i have hazel eyes and am no longer a teen.  i have said this before and there was no reason for me to say it again.
  • I'm not sure how to take that.

I mean when you're exasperated with someone. Not at all times, naturally.
  • a8 said:

It is a cool picture.

i have hazel eyes and am no longer a teen.  i have said this before and there was no reason for me to say it again.

Agh, nonono, I wasn't saying those things applied to you.
  • right handed, autistic, black, and possibly asexual teenage boy

that's me
    Kexruct said:

a8 said:

It is a cool picture.

Agh, nonono, I wasn't saying those things applied to you.
    No, i know, you were describing yourself.

But we seemed to be listing traits of ourselves so i supplied some of my own.
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:06:58

grumpy somewhat overweight gay furry hipster dude who listens to lots of music of dubious quality

that is like me in a sentence because we are doing that i guess
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-01-30 00:07:25
    OH

and I'm a closet agnostic, don't forget that
  • Tre said:

OH

and I'm a closet agnostic, don't forget that

Don't worry, every teenager is to some extent.
  • alfredeneuman.png
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I did not become agnostic until after my teen years had passed
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:10:11

i was never religious at any point, never exposed to it, never cared for it once I was
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-01-30 00:14:24
    I've been raised in some Ambiguous Christian Faith but I can't wrap my head around the same Pentecostal-ish teachings my folks believe in

it's too old-fashioned for me, and a bit ignorant IMO
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:14:26
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i don't know what i believe anymore, honestly.

Christian i guess.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    i could describe myself in a super long sentence but i'm too lazy

naners

do it for me
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:25:50
    Mechanically-obsessed, socially-awkward, part-Italian-part-Filipino, atheistic theatre major with AS.

Yeah...
  • I waffle back and forth between atheist, agnostic and Universal Unitarian depending where I am in my life.
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:21:58

i could describe myself in a super long sentence but i'm too lazy

naners

do it for me
    Cute as a button, charming, wonderful sense of humor, kind, thoughtful, great smile, A-grade snugglebutt.
  • I'm an agnostic bisexual appalachain born in Holland who has a number of hobbies he's not very good at and at any given point in time probably hates either himself or everyone else.
  • oh and i forgot to mention that i am in fact a cat

it is true
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:26:27

That's because we worry a lot

Like, you see, the cooler-looking police cars (your black and white Dodge Chargers and the like) tend to belong to rich suburbs where they're primarily used to pull people over for having dark skin

So I worry that having a positive opinion of the cars themselves means I'm supporting that kind of abuse or something

...this made more sense in my head
    Some thoughts:
    1. I thought that more and more police precincts were replacing their interceptors with the new ones from Ford, GM, and Chrysler.
    2. As someone who does live in a rich suburb, I can kinda see that happening, except some of the people in my neighborhood aren't white, I think (my dad included, if that counts), and we actually sometimes hire these Hispanic people to do yardwork and stuff for us, and they don't get in trouble, so...yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this.

(Addendum: I don't see these cars, though, since it takes forever for the police to come to our suburb, and the only really reportable thing that ever happens around there is people loitering on this empty patch of land/unofficial "lover's lookout" at night. Said patch of land is apparently owned by people in Ohio and sometimes the local news station drives their weather van up to it and sets up.)
  • TREISM IN DETAIL

-I can't entirely prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is real, and I am OK with that
    -if He's really up there (and it's possible) He's most likely not a homo/xenophobic dick
    -He will judge you and send you to Heaven or Heck based not on your orientation, religion, race, etc. but by how morally just a person you are
    -if there is no God (another possibility) then there could either be some other form of afterlife (reincarnation/nirvana, maybe) or nothing at all and we just pop out of existence
    >Heck

where you will be darned
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

You know what pisses me off?

People who pronounce "#whatever" as "hashtag whatever"

#whatever <-- this is a hashtag.

# <-- this is a HASH. Calling it a hashtag on its own is like calling @ an email address

Next person to do this gets smacked over the head with a stop sign
    i am a beautiful and unique snowflake.

i'm the Oncoming Storm.

# <-- this is a HASH. Calling it a hashtag on its own is like calling @ an email address

i always figured the prefix 'hashtag' in that context meant 'the following word or phrase would be a hashtag if we were on twitter right now'.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

You know, Centie, that strikes me as following the letter of the law but not the spirit

I mean, yes, technically it's pronounced hash whatever, but hashtag whatever is such a wonderful describer of it because it is indeed a hashtag that tells you it is about whatever
  • Actually, come to think of it, the cops would likely show up in one of those freaking Chevy Suburbans instead.
  • What do I have to do to describe myself as a fan of a band?

I'm borderline obsessive on what it takes to be considered a "true fan" and music fandoms are unknown territory for me.
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:31:30

Kexruct said:

What do I have to do to describe myself as a fan of a band?

have a positive opinion on a fair portion of their work, own a few albums, and like them in general?
  • Kexruct said:

What do I have to do to describe myself as a fan of a band?

I'm borderline obsessive on what it takes to be considered a "true fan" and music fandoms are unknown territory for me.

depends on the genre.

God help you if you ever claim to be a fan of any metal band ever. You better have at least thirty pieces of merch, every album, EP, demo tape, and live recording they've ever put out, and be able to recite the names of all the band member's family members by heart.

• what Naney said
  • God help you if you ever claim to be a fan of any metal band ever. You better have at least thirty pieces of merch, every album, EP, demo tape, and live recording they've ever put out, and be able to recite the names of all the band member's family members by heart.

?
  • edited 2013-01-30 00:33:47
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Acquire all their records, even the most obscure ones, in as many formats as possible. Go to as many concerts as you possibly can, even if this means cancelling other arrangements. Own at least one t-shirt and at least one other band-related accessory.

Mojave beat me to it.

But i don't think that's a metal thing.  That's just a TRUE FAN thing.
  • mojave, i think you may have had an unfortunate run-in with some IMNs
  • Naney said:

God help you if you ever claim to be a fan of any metal band ever. You better have at least thirty pieces of merch, every album, EP, demo tape, and live recording they've ever put out, and be able to recite the names of all the band member's family members by heart.

?
    I have seen some shit in my day.